CHIT CHAT| about slp1 & slp2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shay_g, Aug 31, 2008.

1. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    #1 shay_g, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
    who can bring me the number (in estimation of course) of the modded mobo's that have SLP1 & SLP2 in the world since this method was came??

and how many mobo's die'd (in percent)

p.s. this method is still the best method (why the hell microsoft was not trying to remove the bios'es with the real slic inside our mobo's???)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    That's difficult to guess........
    I can take a guess in percent only.

Bioses with SLP1.0 AND SLP2.0 of all modified bioses: Almost ALL AMI bioses and a few others, let's say 30-40%

How many died of them all (all mods)?

Difficult to say also, because not everyone replied...........
    1%-1.5% a slightly higher rate than flashing original bioses.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    i make a little search in some israeli forums and no one is accept this method because is to risky, i never see someone in the israeli forums trying to publish the hardmod method

i know that method was came to us in early of the year 2007, why microsoft not trying to remove it or detect??

4. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    Overall the number of people willing to modify or even update their bios at all is very low, so detecting and removing this ability is probably a low priority for M$. Software boot loaders is another story since they can be added to dvd's, mass produced, and easily installed.

5. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Yes, we also discussed that. Me, the admin and a few other people agreed that if bios modding keeps it's technical touch, Microsoft won't go beserk about anyone...But the easier it gets, the more the tool will spread and M$ then will react. We don't know in what way but we don't want to mess up things, do we? ;)

6. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    #6 zort, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
    I think it's safe to say that any change they make will be countered and worked around.

Here's a thought: Maybe M$ doesn't mind so much right now because they want people to switch to Vista.

7. gliremun

gliremun MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    I want to make srupried

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.

OK, cool!^_^ I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong :]

Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this

great news, i love my seed upgrade.

Any one?

To be continued....

8. AleksanderII

AleksanderII MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    CHIT CHAT about slp1

I posted about other free games hoping to find some other games I might not know about. The post was deleted? Did I break a rule? I thought general chat is just that general chat. Or is general chat only general chat if it approves the Mods? I wasnt posting links. I wasnt talking about adult subjects. Why was it removed/deleted?

9. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    What exactly?