Clean install 8.1 WMC possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Katch, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Katch

Katch MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2010
    Just wondering if I am able to install and activate using just my WMC key in future rather than having to install 8 first, then upgrade to 8.1 then upgrade to 8.1 WMC? Is there an 8.1 WMC iso available?

The keys I own are a Windows 8 upgrade from 7 (from the special offer days) and a WMC key purchased from 8.1 (upgraded from my Windows 8 key)

2. gonz621

gonz621 MDL Junior Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #2 gonz621, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Just wondering if I am able to install and activate using just my WMC key in future rather than having to install 8 first, then upgrade to 8.1 then upgrade to 8.1 WMC?
    -Yes, but you need to insert the generic activation tokens first before inserting your genuine WMC key
    (you can refer to this thread to know more about that
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/49539-Windows-8-1-Pro-WMC-generic-activation-tokens-creation) or just restore your previous activation that you have backed up.

Is there an 8.1 WMC iso available?
    -There is. I got it from Murphy78's uploads. But it is not a lone WMC ISO as it is an All-in-One ISO.

The keys I own are a Windows 8 upgrade from 7 (from the special offer days) and a WMC key purchased from 8.1 (upgraded from my Windows 8 key)
    -Your key must have no problem activating online after clean install but you should follow this steps if you want an online activation after clean install:
    1. Install Windows 8.1 using the generic key the one ending with JK7QT
    2. Insert the generic activation tokens (pm me if you want)
    3. Insert your genuine WMC key
    4. Connect to the internet to Activate online

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    or else you can use my ToolKit to Convert a Windows 8.1 Pro Retail ISO to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Retail ISO and Use your Legal Windows Media Center Key to Activate the OS. Also you can Make a Pre-Activated Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Retail ISO. Check my signature for the ToolKit Link.