Compal IFL90 Bios Mod: All results here!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Yen, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This bios seems to have the same structure.

No, there is a compal SLIC, but it's a empty table like at the other bios. So you have to add another one.
    You should be familiar with the crisis recovery disk as described above. The mod will only work if it is flashed this way.
    The crisis recovery procedure worked at every bad mod so far.

If you want to try it, please ask. I'll do the same kind of mod (F) of course.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    #42 Tyrox, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Faltus

Faltus MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    Ok I would like to try, but I dont have a floppy drive. We have to get this working with an usb pen or a cd.

Anyway, if we get it working I would feel a bit safer using the "real" bios for IFT00 that I linked to.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    First try to find a way to recover it with a usb pen drive.
    Only the recovery procedure allows to flash a working mod so far. What about to borrow a USB floppy drive?

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Faltus

Faltus MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    #45 Faltus, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
    I dont think it is possible to use an usb pen, I've tried everything. I dont know anyone who has a usb fdd either.

Buying one just to do this just isn't worth it. I just hope someone finds a way to do it without the crisis tool.

EDIT: When I come to think about it flashing the bios without any recovery method seems like a bad idea, so I guess the only way is that compal makes a similar tool for usb pens or something...

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What about to ask Compal support for a recovery method with USB pen similar to the crisis floppy?

Just say that you need that to flash a SLIC mod.:D

Yen

7. Faltus

Faltus MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks for the help, but nothing worked. It reads the usb pen a little while, but the screen remains black and nothing happens.

8. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    Did you follow exactly the crisis procedure?
    The screen will remain just black for 3-5 min, may be more, after that notebook shutdown itself.

Tyrox

9. Faltus

Faltus MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2007
    #50 Faltus, Dec 3, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
    You can release the fn+b keys after it has read the flashdisk right?

If "acc" is the battery then yes, but the computer stays on, so I guess it cant read the flashdisk or something...

EDIT: I sent a mail to compal, tey said you had to use a floppy disk. No bios mod for me then...

10. cowai

cowai MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2007
    What exatly does this mod?

What exatly does this mod? Will it help us control the fan speed?

11. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    This mod does nothing itself. It just contain ASUS SLIC in ACPI tables. This can help with... alternative Vista activation way. :)
    About fan speed - my IFL90 is very queet and cool, never want to do something special with fan control.

12. cowai

cowai MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2007
    #53 cowai, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    Isnt there other methods?

13. Lordviking

Lordviking MDL Novice

May 30, 2007
    Ok...For me wasn´t so simple. after some black screens and some recovers, vista activated, but not after using the modded recovery floppy. This is what I did.... I use the original recovery floppy to recover the IFL90, after that I use the modded recover floppy with mod bios F to flash, but vista doesn´t activate. Grrrr..... I start thinking... why not flashing normally the F Bios. So I did it with "phlasf16 biosF.wph /x /mode=3 /pf=slp2" and it work , vista activated.

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge.

14. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    #55 Tyrox, Dec 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  15. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    Congrat! Never give up! ;)
    How exactly did you successful flashing? With floppy? With what system (freedos, msdos...), how you create it?

Tyrox

16. Lordviking

Lordviking MDL Novice

May 30, 2007
    First I use the crisis floppy images created by you. From usb floppy I flashed the original crisis ...113. After that I from USB Floppy the modded F ...113, but without a successfully vista activation. At last and from a bootable usb pen flash the ...113 mod F with "phlash16 biosf.wph /x /mode=3 /pf=slp2"

Thx.

17. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    To sum up!!

so what is the final solution?

1) is it just enough to flash it as normal, with CD
    mod F and "phlash16 biosf.wph /x /mode=3 /pf=slp2"

2) or is it necessary to flash original with floppy and then mod F with floppy and then with "phlash16 biosf.wph /x /mode=3 /pf=slp2"

18. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    #60 Seres, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
    After reading all these stuff, it seemed to be "/BBL" command was responsible for the black screen.

And I think that the floppy recovery tool was not using this command. So without this command the flash succeeded.

Also there was no "/pf=slp2" command in the floppy recovery tool and so even after a successful flash with this tool, vista did not activate.

so using "flash mod F" with command "PHLASH16 BIOSF.WPH /x /mode=3 /pf=slp2" succeeded.

Can anyone confirm these? Am i understand it correct?

Second question does anyone confirm that installing "sp1 v668" kills the activation or not?
    Because without any service pack Vista is useless and have a lot of bugs. You cannot even copy a small file from one place to another in one minute.