Compal IFL90 Bios Mod: All results here!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Yen, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To make it sure you have to try it by yourself. The crisis recovery procedure seems to work at any case. (if something went wrong). So no need to wory about getting a bricked board.

I don't know if it is necessary to flash the mod before by using the crisis recovery procedure. It could be.
    I would try it like Haxxa did. You may PM him to ask if it is necessary.

AFAIK sp1 v668 doesn't kill activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    #62 Seres, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
    Ok. Before I try I had to buy a usb floppy and copy all the crisis tools to a floppy.
    But i did not follow the way as others did. I started from the last point. First I have tried to flash with biosF from a usb pen.
    My vista was not activated and SP1 was already installed before i have started to flash the bios.

Bad news! No luck! I have got a black screen now. Ok time to use crisis tools and with the floppy I have followed the crisis procedure and first with the original bios I got my computer back to life. After that I have used again crisis floppy but with mod F this time. And restarted the computer.

I did not flash it from a usb pen again with mod F again, because at my first attempt where i got black screen, i was thinking that the slic was already written to bios.

and boom!!! Upon starting Vista told me that the activation is succesfull.
    This was weird because i did not load any asus license or any key.

After that vista told me That "YOU MAY BE USING A PIRATED COPY OF WINDOWS VISTA. AND AURO scheme WILL BE DISABLED" :confused:

I was surprised. I have just right clicked my computer. It didnot open. Control Panel No!! It was working in RFM (Reduced Functionality Mode!!):(

In RFM mode I have changed the Cd-key, and load a certificate matching slic. An restarted but again in RFM mode.

One idea come from release notes of a vista crack. I put my original retail vista installation DVD and try to repair computer.

I have selected Repair Computer --- System Restore.
    I restored the computer to an earlier time i started these flash procedure.

And Voila!! Windows Vista X64 Sp1 v668 activated. At last:)

Edit: The reason for vista falling into RFM mode, can be the date of computer after flashing. Because i did not realize that after flashing, the date become year 2000. Or one of the softmode cracks i have tried before may left a file that is detected by the new detection routines of Sp1. I dont know!

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Wow, this sounds really strange:). As I said before, this bios and the flash procedure of it is really special.

Please report if something interesting will happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Correct.

What is SP1 v668?

A SP1 beta/RC?

5. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    Service pack RC see attached picture on version information

Attached Files:

6. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    When is SP1 RTM expected?

7. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    It's 'rumored' to be early February by some folks from Microsoft China.

8. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007

Ooh. That soon. Looking forward to it :)

Btw; You're using such a anonymous nick :p

9. darkarrow

darkarrow MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2007
    so using "flash mod F" with command "PHLASH16 BIOSF.WPH /x /mode=3 /pf=slp2" succeeded.

Can anyone confirm these? Am i understand it correct?

Anyone tested this already without using crisis tools?

10. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    Yes I tried. But if you read more after that, you will see that i need crisis tools and the floppy.

11. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    #72 Seres, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
    New Bios 1.16

It has been verified that if you don't have one usb floppy, don't think that you can have a modified bios with slic. It is sure that you will get a black screen when you try to flash your bios with a modified one.

With having Yen's modded Bios 1.13 version F, i have tried to upgrade my bios to version 1.16 and i got a black screen again. Also this time the crisis floppy that i have prepared with original version 1.16 did not recover my computer. But the original crisis floppy with v1.13 recovered my computer.

WARNING!
    Users who have a modified bios (I mean Yen's mod F) should first use a floppy disk with original bios v 1.13 crisis disk, and flash their computer with that one. After that you can upgrade your computer with a normal method (a usb pen or a cd) to version 1.16. Of course you will lose your slic information.

I will strongly recommend anyone who uses v1.13 bios to upgrade to version 1.16, because version 1.13 is not so stable and after upgrading from v1.12 to v1.13 i had lots of freezes in my computer.

Since they already realized this fact so They have released bios v1.15 based on version 1.12, and version 1.16 is based on v1.15.

Another thing about version 1.16, you have to use the parameters " /x /mode=3 /bbl" . They say that "Due to EC change, Please update Bootblock" so they have added the "/bbl" parameter this time.

Coming!!!! Compal FL90 Bios v 1.16 with slic information will be added soon....

12. Seres

Seres MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2008
    #74 Seres, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
    How to upgrade to Bios ModG

A) Users who have original bios v1.13 should first upgrade their computer to original bios v1.16 with a bootable usb pen or cd using parameters
    "phlash16 JFT02116.WPH /x /mode=3 /bbl"
    B) Users who have modded biosF v1.13 should first use the original crisis floppy v1.13 (included in the archieve) and they will turn back to original bios v1.13 and then they can upgrade their their bios to original bios v1.16 with a bootable usb pen or cd using parameters.
    "phlash16 JFT02116.WPH /x /mode=3 /bbl" (Don't forget you will lose your slic information now!)

After you got an original bios v1.16 in your computer, the rest procedure is same.

Now use the modified Bios G v1.16 to add slic table information to your bios.

1. Alternative)Now you can flash your computer first with crisis floppy bios Mod G and then with usb bootable pen with bios Mod G with parameters
    "/x /mode=3 /pf=slp2".

2. Alternative)First flash with usb bootable pen with bios Mod G with parameters "/x /mode=3 /pf=slp2" and then use crisis floppy bios Mod G.

Both methods seems to work fine. I used the second one while others reported for mod F v1.13 that the first alternative worked for them.

13. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Thanks!

Will try this when i get home next week :)

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Nice work!:)

15. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    #77 Tyrox, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
  16. Sikander

Sikander MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2008
    Hello!

I'm new here, I have read all the thread and it was very interesting. I wanted to congratulate all those who work hard to find all this amazing things.

At this time I have only upgraded my FL90 from 1.12 to 1.16 original by using the crisis tool method, but I plan to upgrade it to the modded 1.16.

However I have some questions. Is it the SLP 2.0 Tool from Compal which you used to modifying the bios? Just for curiosity, It is possible to have a tutorial or a brief explanation on how to do it?

And is the parameter /BBL dangerous? Because it programs the boot block of the bios, and as far I know the boot block contains the program which can launch the crisis tool. So if its flash fails it will get you on deep troubles. Am I rigth? I ask this question because I have flashed the 1.16 with the crisis tool and it is mentioned that it doesn't contain the /BBL parameter, and in the text file which come with the 1.16, it is recommanded to flash with the /BBL parameter.

Thank you for yours answers ;)

17. justbrake

justbrake MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    I have bios 1.12 and trying to upgrade to 1.16 I have a retail vista ultima running 64 bit on a compal FL90 , I'm working with my XP notebook dvd writer with no floppy and trying to make a bootable 1.16 bios for the compal for the flash, I've read alot of post and can't seem to get anything going, i've done a couple of flashes years ago but with AFLASH or a direct asus bios updater or even the new DELL bios instant flash from them but i'm really lost here and need some help on this, by the way I did do a bad flash once and that has me a little worried !

Thanks in advance

18. Tyrox

Tyrox MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2007
    You can try WinPhlash utility (google for it) for flashing Phoenix bios under windows. But it is not recommended practice and I'm not sure it will work under x64.
    Standart procedure is to make bootable DOS flash drive or CD, put to it phlash utility and bios image, boot from it and run in console. If you want to flash just original 1.16 it will be easy. But if it's about modded bios, you will need crisis floppy. Seems no other way at now.

Tyrox