[Contest 20 licenses] ESET Smart Security.

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #41 sid_16, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    (OP)
    Note;
    Akshay1189, Vasogeek & Nandram you're requested to prove your identities before this contest ends that you're 3 different people with different IPs to avoid possible banning from the ongoing and forthcoming contest/s.

You (Akshay1189, Vasogeek & Nandram) are banned from this contest for using same proxy IP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

please count me in

thank you

3. Abdou RTM

Abdou RTM MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2012
  4. kn_andre

kn_andre MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2013
    Am Definitely in Contention for this Eset ... It has been Long since i have been Itching to Try it out and see how Good it Is.. Wish me Luck Guys ... Good Luck to Everybody too .... Cheers and thanks to OP for the Contest...

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Disqualified because of same identity (same IP) .

Confirmation of:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bigd7

bigd7 MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2013
    Give me a chance.Good luck to all.

7. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Good hunting Yen.:clap:Gents please give your peers an equal chance to get a piece of the cake.:pizza:

8. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    I want to participate. Count me in please.

9. nima1024

nima1024 MDL Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Don't forget me, there! ;)

10. goda33

goda33 MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2013
    Great giveaway of ESET Smart Security.Please count me in

11. babuin12

babuin12 MDL Member

Jan 24, 2011
    i`m intrested in this , thanks for the giveaway

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I find it disgusting/poor when people are abusing such contests where one offers soft licenses for free...multi registering is against the rules either way.....unfair people have no place here.
    Sid has got the right from me to see the data of all the participants from now on if needed..... to those who have multiple accounts already I suggest to request for deletion of the duplicates via PM before they get banned altogether...

Thanks.

13. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    Well Yen.I agree with you banning multiple accounts,but there is something you should bear in mind which is that there are a lot of families like mine,I'm the father, use the same ip.They all have accounts on facebook for example.They some time use the same laptop.There isn't another MDL account belonging to my ip cause I'm the only one who do the IT related things.But supposedly If they sometime try to join MDL forums using the same ip,we all will get banned and this not fair since we don't do unethical things.So I think MDL staff should bear that in mind since there are lots of cases like the one I mentioned.I wonder how would you deal with these cases.? Thank you.

14. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm sure the Mods are smart enough to determine if the rules of MDL are being abused , or happen to have multiple members using the same IP..

15. Aninvitedsoul

Sep 14, 2012
    Fine.I think that depends on the Member's reputation and such things.Is that what you mean.?

16. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    abuse is abuse, regardless of rep, nothing getting around that. However, 2 people in the same environment both joining MDL isn't abuse. That can be explained and proven.

Now back to Sid (sorry for loading your thread with extra posts :) )

17. leebo_28

Jun 12, 2011
    i mean running up the likes and thanks between family members = abuse.
    family members chiming in on the same thread = not abusive
    signing up for same contest = could be abuse = judgement call based on history of family members.
    Like I said..They are smart enough determine abuse

what EFA said

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    One more post (sorry sid) regarding this matter.
    We of course are doing that with enough instinctive feeling not to affect such cases, we only act when having a clear evidence of abuse (for instance same behavior at different forums, different threads), prejudices are not sufficient, of course. In dubio pro 'reo' and there is the PM system to clarify the matter in case of doubt.

We are aware of different people using the same PC joining MDL. :)
    In focus are primarily the contests.

19. ryouga

ryouga MDL Member

Apr 15, 2008
    How do I put my name down just posting?

20. leebo_28

Jun 12, 2011
    yes .......:p