Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    IMG_20211020_094125_505.jpg
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8483988/

The death of scientific integrity

We have lost a lot in these 18 months. In the big and in the small. These losses require a duel to be transcended and allow the new to be born. It is a process and the first step is the recognition of the loss. Today, as I come across this that I share with you, I realize that I mourn the death of integrity in the scientific community. I have never seen a 'temporary removal' (with no editorial explanation) of a published scientific study. Science only advances with integrity; and your communication depends on the integrity of the review and editorial process. You can't remove something just because it makes a narrative uncomfortable. How much did publishers sell their integrity for? As a member of the academic guild, I offer an apology for the prevailing dishonesty and force myself to remember that there are others, still few, who vindicate scientific procedure. I thank them from the center of my heart. I send you greetings, Karina AW

https://t.me/akashacomunidad/651

I'm really sorry to read Karina's feelings about the scientific community but as I said before: first humans then scientists.

Unbelievable this scientific publisher did right?
    Imagine what they can do to any other thing opposing to the interests of the powerful.
    Well, now you might understand what happened to chlorine dioxide studies...

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes, right. Opinion is not Science.

"Which European nation did it best at the pandemic" is no subject of science.

Hence
    But you can determine which factors have to be considered to categorize nations (as a scientific approach to do a sort of ranking).

But anything you do 'did it best' is never a scientific term.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    If you're interested in the topic of retracted papers and how some scientists try to keep up integrity, have a look at this blog: https://retractionwatch.com/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    X, to a fool somebody rational looks like a fool.

Sweden was totally wrong in C-19 respect!

As is UK gov now - silent, doing nothing!

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Are you angry, in rage?
    Believe me, I'd kill to see your face.
    :D

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #3406 Mr.X, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    IMG_20211020_170641_735.jpg

Opposing visions

I have shared a lot about the importance of critical thinking, information seeking, and the importance of learning. I came across this image that brings together headlines from various newspapers and magazines, which ask people just the opposite. Do you remember how you saw the world when you were children? How did they question everything? That inquisitive spirit characterizes the human, and is the seed for anyone who decides to dedicate himself to science. Without questioning, without critical thinking, part of the essence of the human is turned off, and the scientist ceases to be. Well, it turns out that Forbes and others propose the opposite: they ask that "we stop investigating on our own", that we "no longer believe the facts" and that "we do not question authority."

How much poverty of arguments there is if the opinion and rational empowerment of others scares them so much! The good news is that if you don't agree, just say 'no' and act accordingly.

I send you greetings, Karina AW

https://t.me/akashacomunidad/656

I wonder where where where and who who who thinks like Forbes, New York Times, Opinion, etc, I can't recall.
    Wait, I remember now.
    It's here in MDL!
    Now guess who :D :p :D :p :D

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I don't doubt "you'd kill"... It tells quite a story...

Since you ignore facts no wonder you have such "ideas" about C-19 or society at large...

8. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    http://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/331866
    Who requires a covid passport?
    We show the WHO printout which clearly states that the WHO does not recommend issuing passports because they have been scientifically proven to only increase the spread of disease.

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Passports?

You lot who do not respect others and therefore do not respect the MEASURES - YOU spread the disease! Period!

10. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    #3410 vladnil, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    It has long been known that only vaccinated, mutated viruses spread the disease.
    Vaccinated viruses are dangerous to vaccinated people.
    They are not dangerous to the average person.
    The unvaccinated have immunity, the vaccinated don't, and it drops from 2.7% to 8% every week.
    By Christmas, the mortality rate of the vaccinated will be very high.
    Are you worried about getting on that list?
    Gorski you are ignorance incarnate. :)
    2021-10-22_105438.png

Vaccination (it turns out!) contributes to the emergence of new strains of coronavirus, according to an article published July 12 in the scientific medical journal Vaccines. The article is signed by thirty authors who are the developers of the Sputnik V vaccine, including Alexander Gintsburg, director of the Gamaleya Center.
    https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/9/7/779/htm

The latest report from the U.K. Health Safety Agency shows that the decision by England's Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to recommend that all children over the age of 12 be vaccinated against Covid-19 was a huge mistake, as data show that children are 16 times more likely to die from Covid-19 if they have been vaccinated.

"At first glance, these numbers may not seem alarming until you look at Covid-19 mortality rates and Covid-19 hospitalization rates based on vaccination status.
    According to the UKHSA report, 0.001% of Covid-19 cases among unvaccinated persons under 18 years of age resulted in death between September 20 and October 17, 2021
    (4 deaths / 351,148 cases x 100)
    Whereas, 0.009% of Covid-19 cases among those under 18 years of age who received a single dose less than 21 days prior to a positive test result resulted in death during the same time period.
    (1 death / 10,698 cases x 100)
    Thus, the data show that children are 800% / 9 times more likely to die if they are infected with Covid-19 if they receive a single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine less than 21 days before infection.
    Children younger than 18 years of age who received a single dose of Covid-19 vaccine more than 21 days before they tested positive (11,001 cases) are 400% / 5 times more likely to die if they are infected with Covid-19 after vaccination because the lethality rate is 0.05%.
    Unfortunately, however, things are much worse for children who have been vaccinated in terms of Covid-19 mortality rates.
    According to the UKHSA report, 0.7% of hospitalizations against COVID-19 among unvaccinated persons under 18 years of age resulted in death between September 20 and October 17, 2021
    (4 deaths / 560 hospitalizations x 100)
    Whereas, 11% of Covid-19 hospitalizations among those under 18 years of age who received a single dose less than 21 days before a positive test result resulted in death during the same time period.
    (1 death / 9 hospitalizations x 100)
    Thus, the data show that children are 1471% / 15.7 times more likely to die from Covid-19 after hospitalization if they receive a single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine less than 21 days before infection.
    Children younger than 18 years of age who received a single dose of Covid-19 vaccine more than 21 days before a positive test result (10 hospitalizations) are 642% / 7.4 times more likely to die if hospitalized with Covid-19 after vaccination, as the mortality rate for hospitalizations is 5.2%.

photo_2021-10-22_11-18-08.jpg

Child mortality in the UK is 52% higher than the 5-year average after the vaccine was introduced, after previously being 14% lower, according to the ONS (UK National Statistics Service).

Correlation does not always equal causation, but the data strongly suggest that the Covid-19 vaccine is killing children: a 52% increase in child mortality compared to the five-year average after the government was advised to extend the vaccine to all healthy children over the age of 12.

photo_2021-10-22_11-19-37.jpg

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Of course it's happening. It's a conspiracy vs humanity. That's the plan.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Who do you think you're kiddin', Mr. Vladnil?!?

Most of the hospitalised in all countries are the unvaccinated!!!

And vaccinated generally do not get very ill and do not die, unlike the unvaccinated...

And sure, there is plenty of it going on, predominantly spread by the unvaccinated morons... The UK gov is doing nothing and the numbers are soaring!!!

Couple it with years of privatisation, underinvestment, Brexit and Vladnil & the Gang spreading BS ==> https://skwawkbox.org/2021/10/22/ro...ritical-incident-as-ambulances-back-up-at-ae/

Nazdrovje!!!

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Only stupid morons covidiots can believe this not supported by science.

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Witch "science"...:rolleyes:

FFS!!!

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #3416 Yen, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    LOL.
    You still don't get that the vaccines won't stop the pandemic!
    Who has implanted that thought that vaccines ever could? To mass vaccinate into an ongoing pandemic is a big mistake!

I have posted 4 studies:
    UK
    CDC (USA)
    Vietnam
    and Israel

All them show evidence that viral levels at delta are the same. Being unvaxxed or vaccinated. Ergo the pandemic will go on unhindered.
    Either all 4 studies are wrong or you are still brainwashed. And you call us unvaxxed morons.:D

The only seemingly difference of you and me is. When I get COVID I shed delta exactly the way you would if being infected.
    You have a lower probability getting severe, but related to your overall health and risk factors. If being obese for instance you have risk factor number one next to low vitamin d levels, which should be no big deal.
    I have my 3 drugs of which I am convinced of due to my profession and experiences.

So tell me what is the difference between us? Actually nothing!
    If I am a moron you are one for sure. :p

Edit:
    It sometimes seems to me that you close your eyes when being confronted with a truth.
    We all, you and me sooner or later will get infected by SARS-CoV-2, it's only a question of time.

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I hate this but you deserve it right now, @Yen - LOL, indeed!!!

Vaccinations are about saving lives!!! Let that sink in!!! The "truth"!!! NHS, too!!! Think!!! (No, not with other people's heads, think for yourself!!!)

In Israel, to the best of my knowledge/info, they had a serious slowdown of hospitalisations, complications and C-19 related deaths after booster jabs were given. Why? Apparently, after 6+ months the effectiveness of vaccines falls to about 53%. And if NO MEASURES are in place - think about it!!! I know you irrationally hate the measures - but this has blinkered you on this and other occasions...

That is what is going on in many parts of the world!

I am covering in particular ex-YU, UK and some parts of EU but also constantly comparing them with the US, Brazil and some other places. It is pretty darn OBVIOUS what is going on and what needs doing! But Humans aren't exactly rational, as we all know... I mean, take a look at this thread alone!!! Even well informed people - with some "ideological" blinkers - can get it all wrong!!!! No amount of info can get one to the simple "truth" of it all!!!

Simply put, some here would rather play politics and religion and put some very questionable "ideas" and "principles" to work in their own version of "public health policy", rather than do the necessary thing and actually think it through carefully, slowly and try to save lives...

Very, very sad!!!

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59009293

A new mutated form of coronavirus that some are calling "Delta Plus" may spread more easily than regular Delta, UK experts now say.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has moved it up into the "variant under investigation" category, to reflect this possible risk.

There is no evidence yet that it causes worse illness.

And scientists are confident that existing vaccines should still work well to protect people.

Although regular Delta still accounts for most Covid infections in the UK, cases of "Delta Plus" or AY.4.2 have been increasing.

Latest official data suggests 6% of Covid cases are of this type.

Experts say it is unlikely to take off in a big way or escape current vaccines. But officials say there is some early evidence that it may have an increased growth rate in the UK compared to Delta.

Dr Jenny Harries, Chief Executive of the UKHSA, said: "The public health advice is the same for all current variants. Get vaccinated and, for those eligible, come forward for your third or booster dose as appropriate as soon as you are called.

"Continue to exercise caution. Wear a mask in crowded spaces and, when meeting people indoors, open windows and doors to ventilate the room. If you have symptoms take a PCR test and isolate at home until you receive a negative result."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55659820

Will vaccines still work against variants?
    Current vaccines were designed for earlier versions of coronavirus, which means they may not be the ideal match for new variants and so might not work quite as well.

But experts say they are still very effective at protecting lives by cutting the risk of severe illness:
    • An analysis by Public Health England found two doses of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine was more than 90% effective against hospitalisations for Covid-19 caused by Delta
    • However, a single dose was less effective at preventing illness from Delta, compared to how well it worked against Alpha
    Doctors say it is vital that people get the recommended number of doses to gain maximum protection against existing and emerging variants.

Across the UK, additional booster jabs are being offered to:
    • Over-50s
    • Frontline health and social care workers
    • Older adults in residential care homes
    • People aged 16-49 years old with underlying health conditions which put them at greater risk of severe Covid
    • Adults who share a household with vulnerable people
    Latest data from the NHS shows 3.7 million people in England have had a booster jab.

Although Covid infections have been rising again across the UK, the number of hospitalisations and deaths has remained well below the levels seen in earlier waves, which experts attribute to the success of the vaccine programme.

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    And here is the evidence: this rather inapt UK government is causing harm by not acting promptly and decisively but staying silent instead and putting no measures into place, yet again!!! No "stay at home, work from home, wear masks as mandatory, keep your physical distance, wash hands" and so on and on...

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-perfect-storm-as-covid-piles-pressure-on-nhs

This has been the case with them at every turn - every major issue with the pandemic they missed by their inaptitude and conservative "there is no definitive proof YET that blah-blah-blah" and "we are only following the scientific advice" and then hiding behind people in their scientific advisory panel, no matter how bonkers they turn out to be with this slow and rather idiotic uptake of commonly seen to be effective measures, induced by their neo-liberal dogma of "cutting costs" - which failed them at every turn and every time they have to abandon it they fail us all miserably and yet they keep doing the same mistake over and over and over again, blinded by the blinkers of the neo-liberal dogma of "austerity", leading to "market laws" of "scarcity"... And they just CAN NOT LEARN!!!! So much easier to have a dogma and shield yourself from the blindingly obvious!!!

20. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Here, even The Guardian is forced to acknowledge it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/22/england-covid-ethics-personal-responsibility