Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    A bit of context is good to have...

"Today Congressman @Dr_RaulRuiz, the co-chair of the House COVID-19 committee, accused the Republicans' Star witness, Nicholas Wade, of promoting racist pseudoscience."

"Wade is a known serial fabricator and a leading advocate of racist pseudo-science."

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    A bit more, for good measure: https://twitter.com/flodebarre/status/1632811845458227206?t=etgipQ6T7ROxtYqEKGe88w&s=19

"The @washingtonpost published in Nov 2022 an editorial based on a non peer-reviewed report claiming to have found evidence that China was hiding data on early Covid-19 cases.

Here, I show that a critical point in the analysis is based on an error...

The non peer-reviewed report used by the @washingtonpost was written by @gdemaneuf, an authoritative-sounding member of a pro-lab leak activist group called DRASTIC.

In his "Finding 1", Gilles claims to have found in an article (Wei et al. 2020) the proof that there were 146 *lab-confirmed* cases by Dec 29 2020.

Gilles therefore compared apples and oranges when summing cases from different sources, as these data do not always correspond to the same types of cases… which invalidates his calculations.

Now @thedeadhandbook @washingtonpost, I hope you will reconsider your editorial."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    At the moment theres obviously a massive , ever increasing , amount if sheep on the planet ........... and not enough wolves ............. = We are heading for BIG trouble . All our rulers are doing is looking in the other direction , closing their eyes , with their hands held out , filling their pockets .

The easyest way out wouold be ............ a pandemic ........... so that inhumanity has to put its greed , obsession , vanity , ego , iresponsibility .......... borders and nationalism down ...... and cooperate ........... following science .

4. Opulent_Maelstrom

Opulent_Maelstrom MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2022
    Wow you have signs of a sad frustrated eugenicist dying madman.

5. Opulent_Maelstrom

Dec 30, 2022
  6. Laser Video Tube

Laser Video Tube MDL Novice

May 17, 2021
    Once the true origins of SARS-CoV-2 come to light, it'll be time for the WHO to consider COVID-19 for eradication!

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Forcing was wrong, of course. Esp. if kids were forced...

But for elders and mature ladies and gents it was helpful in a lot of cases - coupled with measures. Death rates fell dramatically...

One should also be careful with the currently intended war with China - not to use this as a tool in that endeavour, 'cause one can easily become imperialists' *useful fool*...

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #4768 Yen, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    The pandemic has been over-dramatized for reasons to gain political powers / control people.
    Matt Hancock: Leaked messages suggest plan to frighten public - BBC News

While the vaccines have been over-glorified to gain capitalistic interests. No matter how's the collateral damage / adverse events / real effectiveness.

Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD and State Health Officer & Surgeon General of Florida.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1636707603915980803

People have been fooled all the way by people who are power-mad and that all over the world.
    And I can recognize as issue an over-dramatizing / panicking of the pandemic and an overestimation of the effectiveness of the applied measures rather than a downplay of the pandemic (as a real issue which would have caused substantial harm).

The entire thing has to be worked off, not only the origin of the virus. Still..the lab leak hypothesis has most valid scientific arguments......

Edit:

Just have found that:
    "Is there a Link between the 2021 COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake in Europe and 2022 Excess All-Cause Mortality?"
    https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202302.0350/v1
    Still a preprint, though

9. Opulent_Maelstrom

Dec 30, 2022
    Fabian_Society_coat_of_arms.svg.png

10. 55Percent

55Percent MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2023
    On March 21st of this year The Sydney Morning Herald published an article that contains some interesting information and the presentation of the information is such that I suspect they have their data properly checked and so can be trusted.

First the link:
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/a-b...1-p5ctvc.html?js-chunk-not-found-refresh=true

And next I want to quote two paragraphs that are a bit down the page:
    And, the final point is that, as soon as the Chinese authorities realized the data was out in public view the data was removed. That is also in the SMH's article.

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thank you for that.

The most important bit to categorize that is IMHO: "The genetic data cannot prove that the animals were infected, only that they were in the same spot as the virus."
    The samples were collected from the stalls / were found on stalls! Not from an animal.

"But there was far more animal DNA there than human." Yeah well. Who was living in those stalls from where they collected the samples? Humans or animals? :D

To conclude a zoonotic origin by that is not justified. Holmes "you cannot get better evidence" is pointless and over-keen.

Consider there would have been a wuhan market salesman infected by COVID... working with those stalls and sneezing.
    They also said most samples also had human DNA in them...

But obviously the Chinese did not want to have a theoretical link to animals sold there. Probably to avoid that it gets public what they really are selling there. (Protected species such as raccoon dogs, hedgehogs, porcupines and bamboo rats).

12. Opulent_Maelstrom

Dec 30, 2022
    #4772 Opulent_Maelstrom, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    And above all that, scientists researching Sars-CoV-2 origins, would be extremely incompetent for suggesting LAB origin. All their knowledge would be total crap.

Edit:
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I am being quite a bit sarcastic.
    There's a lot of evidence this coronavirus is lab created.

13. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    As for businesses: Koch Industries wanted you (workers, proletarians, middle classes) all FORCED OUT TO WORK, while they bunkered down safely, "out of abundance of caution", working strictly from home... They spend many, many millions to force the move onto ALL!!!

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #4776 Yen, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    Tracing back the origin of COVID leads to wuhan market as the place where the virus spread first.
    And there were susceptible animals.
    This does not conclude a zoonotic origin at all. Nobody can answer who was first infected there. Some animals OR some humans.

'The' science there does not include what's IMHO most important.
    The genetic analyses of SARS-COV-2 itself. It is that much 'unnatural' that an animal origin is hardly to explain.

It contains a furin cleavage site never found at beta corona viruses before. And the WIV published papers where they explicitly published tech to demonstrate that they are able to create such chimeric viruses.

And finally what's never considered. Even if host zero should be animal, it still could be a lab virus. We know that such labs do infect animals as well.

To me a lab escape is still the most probable event....at earlier times of the pandemic I supported the zoonosis hypothesis, though.

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You're clutching at straws now...

The fact is, these days this is yet another way to attack China and try to start yet another war. No thanx!

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    My own evaluation of the matter does not include any political consideration. (as a scientific evaluation always should be).

If reading back I changed my mind on that far earlier (not 'these' days) where the political situation with China was different.

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yes but it was promoted by so many from the West, esp. the racist Right... So, we better be extra careful here, so as not to be anybody's "useful fools"...

And I think you did change your mind on that one, too, so... extra caution is wise, I should think...

20. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >And finally what's never considered. Even if host zero should be animal, it still could be a lab virus. We know that such labs do infect animals as well.

>To me a lab escape is still the most probable event....at earlier times of the pandemic I supported the zoonosis hypothesis, though.

LOL ;) ........... = Thers no proof . There can be no proof = EVERYTHING said in this thread is ignorant speculation ?