Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

Same with women also, according to this.

And yeah, totally agree that this way overhyped. It's become the new Brexit at this point... where nobody would shut up about it.

1. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i hope so....time will tell.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    When you come to the conclusion 'way overhyped' then you have to relate....
    Do the media report 'away' from what's really going on?
    Are the measures applied 'overmuch'?

Relating to what measures are applied to fight Corona it's not overhyped at all.

DCC and schools are closed here from now on...
    Every company has a Corona crisis committee.
    There are new rules released every day.

Declared conflict areas are extended. Affected people there must not go to work anymore.
    If you have been in a conflict area, you have to report yourself to your boss...

You should avoid to contact / meet elderly people within your social environment. (retirement home / ban on visitors and the like)...

Parents now have to stay at home to care about their kids, because they cannot go to DCC / school anymore.
    ATM potential loss of earnings is covered. You can stay at home, take care of your kids and still get paid....people need to be prepared for home office -if possible- though...

Public events are cancelled.
    Shows broadcasted without audience.
    Disco / bars are closing....restaurants are still open...

What will be next?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    The common influenza virus has a much higher mortality rate than this Corona virus.
    Think about it....nuff said

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I know that. I myself am not worried about corona.
    Anyway what I have posted IS going on....right or wrong is another thing...

The mortality rate depends on age and present health state, though.
    I am a bit worried about my parents tbh...

5. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    the panic caused by the media and the way they present this virus is bad. they have people panic buying of food they don't need in "crowds" buying toilet paper, water ,can's of food they don't need creating shortages ! if they bought just what they needed there would be enough to go around for everybody ! some caution is needed but the false panic created is more dangerous with people buying all the cleaning supply's so others don't have any to disinfect things, so much for caring for your fellow man !!

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    @Yen You are correct the elderly are at the highest risk, especially if they are already having health issues.

@zen45 I think the "Panic" is actually worse than the "Pandemic" We can thank the media for making this into a hysteria problem

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i worry to about my parents to their in good health over all but their oldo_O

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Bat was just pondering on just how dumb the folks in New York fighting over toilet paper in de stores look o_O
    Like just wait outside and rob someone who bought some :g:
    IF de Cops would actually bother stopping someone (and risk getting fired if dey complain) de worst dat''ll happen is dey give you a note to bring home to your Momma :Lighten: and you could wipe with dat until you rob somebody else :roflmao:

9. And this is why I hate the media in general.

10. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    well the CDC said in a month over one million people in the US will be infected with the virus...lets see how this looks in a few months it could get ugly.

11. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    some stores are starting to respond by putting limits on how many you can buy on water, hand sanitizer, toilet paper , bleach that will slow down the hoarders a little, I cant believe how much meat and pasta vanished in the last few days. when they run out of cash and credit then the real problems will start ! a lot of people cant work from home and get paid ! and if they feel ill there supposed stay home but with out money what do they do, so they go to work and if they have the virus they give it to others. I usually do my monthly shopping at a store called Costco but when I went this week the line outside was bad so we left and went to Walmart and got most of what we needed then to Safeway for odds and ends, the movies also has a limit of people allowed to view a movie. I think things are going to get worse before they get better

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The social media are worst. Also the behaviour of some individuals.

-It's been reported that ibuprofen is harmful when having corona. (Supports the outbreak).
    -It's been reported that the government soon does restrict everybody (social life stuff).
    Both are fake news.

And some have stolen disinfection agent (exchanged it by water) from hospitals! Also masks there.

Anyway you 'need' media to get informed objectively at least. People with no background knowledge are confused.
    And Italy for example did make mistakes even by taking corona not serious enough.

You need to find a way to inform and 'protect' the people without creating panic.
    It seems some people cannot handle crisis situations at all.

At H1N1 there was anything far easier....

13. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    #54 3sidedcube, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    If you believe the bat theory! you are as stupid as the sheep in the field.
    Pharmaceutical company or all the government's are behind this .... beat's having WWIII. why do you think the Government's are not acting quick enough ... because they already know .... der.

A doctor in Wuhan already warned people two month's before hand about the Coronavirus... make's you think a little.

and the press....who do you think they work under ...and who tells the tabloid's on what to print and what not to print. otherwise they would not be printing at all ...

Bedside's if this Coronavirus fail's can always look forward to WWIII on the 23 August 2020 between the hour's of 3:00-8:00 pm and that will be due to the market crash ... or that's what they will say !

Am a mad man in a box ...Pandora's box that is !

14. Xolvix1

Xolvix1 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    Please, let the adults speak. :rolleyes:

Anyways, in my family we're being reasonable prudent, but staying rational. We're mostly just following directives from the Government and our employers. If it's feasible to work from home then I think that's what I'll end up doing, otherwise sick days will come into play. At some point I expect there will be short-term quarantines, most likely staggered so that not everyone is at home at the same time, with exceptions made for food runs and whatnot. I don't know if we'll actually get sick; all we can do is deal with the situation as it progresses.

Eventually it'll all be over and we can restart stalled businesses and there'll be an explosion of economic output.

15. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Smile :) I find adult's are bigger kid's than kid's ...Adult's LMFAO

I also find that if I have an opinion about someone. keep it to myself and not make snide comment's :)

16. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    The real pandemic is the spread of ignorance ...... and false information ......... especialy from self proclaimed experts and the press ......

For facts look here ---- > [jhu.edu]

BUT ...... remeber that they're not realy relevant unless we make a comparison between this disease / its dangers / its spread and others ....... like ...... for example ...... ebola , bubonic plage and the 1920 flu pandemic .

Its called natural selection ......survival of the fitest .......and its the reason that we survive .

Seriously ........ what could be better for humanity , nature , to combat over population , homelessness , hunger , poverty , unemployment , starvation and the capitalist climate catastrophy .......... ........ all of wich costs us massive amounts of money , time and resources......... and polutes / weakens the gene pool ........ = Puts us all at great danger ....... than billions of geneticly weak organisms that coludnt survive without help dieing ?

We should be celebrating . The universe took the responsibility from us ......... the only other chance we have to solve the problems that political partys and capitalism have made and forced on us is the tooth fairy , santa , jesus , aliens , war ....... a major deadly disease is a present that we dont need to have a guilty conscience about when it solves our problems . The only other way is to do it ourselves :) ....... whos going to decide who's to die ? And who's going to kill them ?

What about doing the best for the planet and doing everthing we can to spread brexrona ? :) To get rid of the geneticly weak that threaten all of us ? Do we want a planet full of organisms that can only survive ...... and kill the planet with over polpulation ....... by living in a sterile conditions ?

17. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    ya.... too bad your mom was not sterilized huh?

18. My LTSC Life

My LTSC Life MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2017
    Maybe admin could change his name to Case-Insensitive

19. Xolvix1

Xolvix1 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2015
    I accept that to a certain extent. I'm not a fan of snide comments most of the time and try to avoid making them myself as much as possible. However... in some cases a post is just so horrible that a snide comment might just get let out because frankly, this s**t is too serious to let unsubstantiated conspiracy theories slide. There's zero evidence, anywhere, of any real merit that this was anything other than an animal to human transmission of a virus. Conspiracy theories are fun but ultimately they're a distraction from the fact that the real world tends to be quite boring. Sometimes conspiracy theories are true, certainly. But there needs to be a basis for it with legitimate evidence, otherwise it's just ranting that makes people more anxious and panicky than they need to be right now. It's counterproductive, especially if it results in people doing things as a result of reading about such theories that actually hurt their chances of avoiding the virus or resolving this crisis in a rapid fashion.