Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Xolvix1 :) look was not having a go ... was just stating the comment that was not needed .:) the fact is I can see and was making an observation of the situation on the coronavirus. I know it's not a very nice subject to have theory's about or second guesses at and who or why. but my post was on merit of what I see.

Standard 101 observation.

And I am not joking about WWIII Watch the ftse index.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    @3sidedcube; your best option may be mdl-selfquarantaine, on merit of what i see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #63 Bat.1, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Bat old enough to remember WW3 in January 2020, Lasted all of like 15 minutes o_O

WAPO claims there will be :"Less DEMONcRAT Deaths" from Coronavirus :confused: So Dey finally admitting Most DEMONcRAT Voters are Already Dead :eek:

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    This is getting crazier by the moment I swear
    Reading Aljazeera news report on line and that states 1,400 deaths in Italy and Iran is blaming their spread because of the severe U.S. sanctions.
    Another report on line states less than 500 death rate in Italy?
    The local and national news (NBC/Comcast) does not say anything about any death rates at all for anywhere!
    CDC has now stated no gatherings more than 50 people, Restaurants and bars are closing. A run on toilet paper???
    Walmart has reduced their hours to clean....One would think they cleaned their store's before now?

5. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Now Bat pondering :g: Width de Airports closed....Will CNN SUCKS continue to broadcast if lobo is de only person watching :dunno:

6. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Everyone is in panic mode u should see people in the markets here in my city they think the world is coming to a end.

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I plan on drinking mass quantities of alcohol... If I can get my blood level content to 70% I can kill any type of virus that attempts to infect me!!!
    (alcohol kills viruses!)

9. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Can you imagine de sh1tshow in a REAL emergency like an alien invasion :g: Udder Worldly Type o_O or a Zombie Apocalypse :fear2: Fortunately Bat was raised to be a 3%er :)

[​IMG]

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I agree Bat, My neighbor has several cartons of TP and when I run out, I gotta 12GA. that'll convince him to share!

11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Neighbors Fault fer being a Hoarder dat can't keep mouth shut :roflmao:

12. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    A solutions that wouldn't actually cure or get rid of the virus, but would make people behave more sanely about it: Quarantine the News and Social Media for a month.

13. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
  14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Swine Flu or what is called H1N1 killed a multitude many more world wide than this Corona virus .... but Swine Flu was not considered a pandemic in 2009?

15. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i think the number is much higher than is been reported they just dont want people to panic is bad enough as it is....theirs reports of a test vaccine for who ever wants to volunteer and take it....lets see the results on it.

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Media is mum

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #77 Yen, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Yes it was. But people handled it far more reasonable. (No social media and whatsapp yet).
    Anyway COVID-19 is more contagious than H1N1.

Even if there should be positive results I won't expect a vaccine for the public this year due to intense testing before (side effects / efficiency and the like).
    There are 2 different approaches.

The classic approach: 'Parts' of the virus itself (attenuated or devitalized, or their antigens) to gain antibodies / T-cells.

The innovative new approach: Messenger-RNA (mRNA based) vaccine (very effective and more affordable). CureVac and Trumps poor egoistic attempt to buy them.

The test vaccine is mRNA-1273 AFAIK.

18. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    #78 John Sutherland, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Looks like my worst fears are coming true. People will eventually start killing each other over a 12 pack of toilet paper:

Maybe if these people didn't eat so much they wouldn't spend half the day pooping in the bathroom. o_O

19. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    You have to put part of the responsibility on the store too. No way does anybody need 12 mega sized packages of TP. The store should start limiting people to two packages for each customer. This would stop the hoarding.

20. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    1 - 3 control groups to look at = China , yurp and africa .

In china it seems to be over ...... or at least the first wave

Africa is unprotected ...... so we could see the true possible potential

In yurp we have 1984 ....... Marshal law = The streets are full of armed troops and police ...... we have a curfew = We're only allowed to go to shops and banks ...... we're not allowed to go to doctors or hospitals ...... we've been warned on TV that we shouldn't express any opinions that dont fit with the official viewpoint .

2 - Since friday the shops are sold out . Empy shelves . It had to go out twice to two supermarkets ...... there was nothing there for me except condensed milk the first time and a few liters of milk the second time .

3 - If we'd have had the same tests and done the same ammount of tests with other previous disease outbreaks how would the results compare ?

4 - I'm in the two top risk groups ...... my nose is running and theres blood in it , i'm coughing , have headache , my throat is sore ..... and i'm not in the slightest bit worryed about getting / being ill ....... my concerns are that because of this rediculous hysteria i dont know how i'm going to feed myself ...... but most of all i'm concerned about having to face months more of this crap .

5 - How long do vacines take to develop and test ?

6 - Remember bread and games ? Divide and rule ? Another trick is to get the slaves scared and running and then milk them . Wich is now whats happening . Governments have already announced billions in cash presents to industry ....... our money . Money that wasnt there to build hospitals , roads and schools that we need . Remember the bank crash ........ on our heads . We lost our money ...... and then later we were made to pay the banks loses back again and bail them out .