Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I replied because there is still a sense to and I have still interest to.
    But what I cannot get is that gorski cannot differentiate and it turns into a political categorisation and association to extremes, to people who have killed! Like Stalinist, Nazis, Eugenicists.
    Exaggeration is of no use. Also not at a pandemic. I am no potential killer.

Human mind and that is human, can focus on rationality. And my categorisation and comparison to flu is purely rational. To say that a test is too sensitive and because of that has not the right relation to virulence is rational.
    To miss 'empathy' at rationality is absurd. Also to 'want' something that is far off from reality...
    Anyway a human being is far more that just a rational mind!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yesss, this is correct a hundred percent.

3. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Lockdown resulted in 'thousands' of excess deaths as Boris Johnson's 'stay at home' message scared people into keeping away from hospitals even when they urgently needed medical help, major new study reveals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cess-deaths-people-stayed-away-hospitals.html

Since Bat still stuck in Merica his usual routine of checking de Obits den Police reports (Width Bat Memory) still stands. The increase in cases of domestic violence arrests since de Kung Flu "restrictions" since I live in a rural area isn't dat alarming. Prolly a 30-40 % increase. What is alarming is de SEVERITY of de abuse. Rough calcs again (Bat only use fingers) I'd have to go with around 150 to 175 % increase of de cases being charged as Aggravated -aka- Felony. The number of arrests has been decreasing as people run out of their extra income from
    Government stimulus and can't afford to buy as much Meth and Crack though. Wanna talk about a REAL: Epidemic dats killing people o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    So I ask again, isn't there an ongoing conspiracy vs people?

Dr. Heiko Schoning arrested in London.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    I as a person and already 67 years old, I am very sad with everything that is happening in my country and also in the whole world, it will be the end of time ... I pray to God every day so that this curse will end as I do not forgive rich and poor ;):weep:

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    This is bizarre!

I am making the differentiations that you are ignoring, @Yen - and then you want to appropriate those differentiations and present me as the one who is not capable of seeing them.... Truly bizarre!

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #1088 gorski, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Riiigghhttt.....

I am seriously worried about you, @Yen....

P.S. Btw, those "idiots" know full well there are asymptomatic people who are walking around infectious, hence the measures but OK.... Why should anyone think there are other intelligent people around...

P.P.S. When such "misunderstanding" becomes a Public Health Policy - all Hell breaks lose, as we can see in Trump's, Bolsonaro's, BoJo's etc. case... Chew on that a bit - I dare you!

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1089 Yen, Sep 28, 2020
    "The so called herd immunity IS present already since only 20 percent of humans get sick by corona at all!"

I do not post such statements/theories without scientific reference...it was theory that can explain that lots of people do not get any symptoms.
    But now there is some proof that our immune memory knows former corona viruses and by that an immunity.

It has been published at BMJ. British Medical Journal.
    If you are interested:
    https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3563.full?ijkey=fb7IwiBWN21zMIF&keytype=ref

The most strange behavior of SARS-CoV2 is even that 70-80% of people do not develop any symptoms......the classic 'herd immunity approach' requires 66% immunity, though.

But I have to admit..when I did that post #795 I was very emotional and probably not that straight and clear in mind...

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Good to see, your admission.... But you realise that you keep changing your position and forgetting what you claimed - these "certain things" - then I have to remind you and show you that you are jumping into your own stomach, when you are vehemently claiming you did no such thing - and yet....

As for "herd immunity" - it's an open question if this is herd immunity, for many reasons here mentioned....

May I remind you that I remain steady and consistent!

Seriously, get a grip, man, you're slipping...

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    One more time, explaining the ABC of politics of all this....

Yes, @Yen, you are. In fact, we all are! That's the point that you are missing here: if you - like BoJo's government - say "It's all OK, go back to work, go out, here's a £10 per person if you go to restaurants and eat out" etc. etc. etc. and then a few weeks after that you turn yet again and say "Oh, you guys (British population at large) are totally irresponsible, we might have to go into another lock-down!" What does that make him, having had Public Health Policy which was CRIMINAL, which caused exponential rise in C-19 cases, many, many C-19 related and many excess deaths - and yet, he blames everyone else for doing what he told them and even encouraged them to do?!? Trump doing the same, Bolsonaro and so on....

WTF?!? Are you all out of your mind?!? Who is NOT making the NECESSARY differentiations, here?!?

Indeed. You have demonstrated it amply! And that fook for little mercies that you are not the one formulating Public Health Policy!!!

Once again: the crunch is right here - one's "understanding", once "interpretation" of "simple numbers" leads to a Public Health Policy.

The kind of policy that comes out of your "interpretation" of numbers leads to many excess deaths!!! Proven! Going on right now!!!!

There are no 2 ways to "interpret" that conundrum!!!!

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    "...these studies are small and do not yet provide precise estimates of pre-existing immunological responses to SARS-CoV-2..."

Prof. Djikic, the head of Frankfurt's Goethe Institute (they figured out Covid's reproduction system etc.) was indeed talking of potentially developing a strategy which will attack the whole family of viruses, thanx to their discovery, so this might be the rational background for this?

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #1094 gorski, Sep 28, 2020
    Ha! When scientists jump to conclusions, instead of putting weight around their spirit's ankles:

"“More susceptible and more connected individuals have a higher propensity to be infected and thus are likely to become immune earlier. Due to this selective immunization by natural infection, heterogeneous populations require less infections to cross their herd immunity threshold,” they wrote.22"

"Likely", they say. Sure, unless they fall seriously ill and die! I mean, these guys sometimes infuriate me with this ignorance of elementary logic!!! They just do not know how to think properly and carefully!!!

And then, we come back to what I warned about very early on - the differences amongst various groups, class-wise and so on:

"Ulrich Keil, professor emeritus of epidemiology from the University of Münster in Germany, says the notion of randomly distributed immunity is a “very naive assumption” that ignores the large disparities in health in populations and “also ignores completely that social conditions might be more important than the virus itself.” He added, “Tuberculosis here is the best example. We all know that the immune system is very much dependent on the living conditions of a person, and this depends very much on education and social conditions.”"

And then look at this:

"The research offers a powerful reminder that very little in immunology is cut and dried."

Well, if that is the case, should we not err on the side of caution?!?

Or if indeed it is the less educated, the great unwashed, who are more susceptible and will die in larger numbers - then what is this? Open season on the great culling of the "unwanted"?!?

Gupta's "group argues that herd immunity thresholds “may be greatly reduced if a fraction of the population is unable to transmit the virus.”" Are they living on a different planet? It's spreading like wildfire right now!!! More and more areas are in a virtual lock-down here! WTF are they dealing with? More numbers on the board? Perhaps they should go out a little bit?!?

Look at this: "“So once you remove lockdown that curve should continue to rise.” But that is not happening in places like New York, London, and Stockholm. The question is why." Morons!!!!! And I don't care if the study was published 11 days ago! This is utterly moronic!!!! Against any and all the data we have!!!! God forbid scientists starring at their screens, locked up in their labs, going nowhere, doing nothing but research and then jump from that "experience" into a politicians' shoes and create a Public Health Policy straight away, without any scrutiny and consultation.... errmmm.... with REALITY!!!!!

My conclusion from reading this utter rubbish is - they do not have a clue!!! They are still wildly guessing, so anything goes, any wild "theory" can now see the light of day, as everyone at the moment is an "expert" and as an "expert" one can simply ignore the facts right under their window...

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't think so. The target is not the reproduction system of the virus, it's the T cells, their response and their 'memory'.
    It could be a general approach to stimulate those T cells, though.

BTW: you should quote the entire passage to keep it original!
    Further T cell studies can turn out to become something great.....also for your special interest...

16. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    "No Medical Justification For Emergency Measures" - Open Letter From 100s Of Doctors, Health Pros Urges End To Lockdowns
    Open letter from medical doctors and health professionals to all belgian authorities and all belgian media.
    Masks
    Wearing a mask is not without side effects. Oxygen deficiency (headache, nausea, fatigue, loss of concentration) occurs fairly quickly, an effect similar to altitude sickness. Every day we now see patients complaining of headaches, sinus problems, respiratory problems and hyperventilation due to wearing masks. In addition, the accumulated CO2 leads to a toxic acidification of the organism which affects our immunity. Some experts even warn of an increased transmission of the virus in case of inappropriate use of the mask.

Our Labour Code (Codex 6) refers to a CO2 content (ventilation in workplaces) of 900 ppm, maximum 1200 ppm in special circumstances. After wearing a mask for one minute, this toxic limit is considerably exceeded to values that are three to four times higher than these maximum values. Anyone who wears a mask is therefore in an extreme poorly ventilated room.

website

17. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Is this a competition = Who can post the worst brain dead crap ?

18. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Zero Hedge or ZeroHedge is a far-right libertarian

Over time, Zero Hedge expanded into non-financial analysis,[c] such as conspiracy theories and fringe rhetoric[27] that has been associated with the US radical right[14][28] and a pro-Russian bias.[1][29][30][31] Zero Hedge's non-financial commentary has led to a number of § Site bans by various global social media platforms,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

19. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Using a FAR LEFT FAKE News Site to say Zero Hedge is Far Right o_O

20. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #1100 gorski, Sep 28, 2020
    I already wrote about it here and gave you the links, @Yen....

https://www.index.hr/eng/world/arti...iscovered-a-weak-spot-of-covid19/2201984.aspx

The professor Ivan Djikic, the Director of the Institute of Biochemistry II at the University Hospital in Frankfurt and the senior author of the study, explains:

"We used the non-covalent inhibitor of the PLpro enzyme (GRL-0617), and we described its mode of action in detail. We concluded that the inhibition of PLpro is a very promising double-hit therapeutic strategy against COVID-19. The further development of the therapy substances which inhibit PLpro represents the key challenge in COVID-19 clinical trials."

https://www.biochem2.com/

Remember now?

One target? Since when are we clones of each other? The target? Jesus Marx wept....

https://www.biochem2.com/newsentry/2020-07-29

"29 Jul 2020 -
    Double-hit therapeutic strategy against COVID-19

[​IMG]
    The CoV-2 team: Rukmini Mukherjee, Ivan Đikić, Donghyuk Shin and Diana Grewe (left to right).

Molecular differences between SARS and SARS-CoV-2

Scientists from IBC2 and collaborating teams identified the papain-like protease (PLpro) of SARS-CoV-2 as an essential viral enzyme and potential weak spot. PLpro is required for the processing of viral polypeptides and the assembly of new viral particles within human cells. In addition, SARS-CoV-2 uses this enzyme to dampen the anti-viral immune response, helping the virus to modulate the host’s immune system to its own benefit. By this, the virus can easily multiply and spread further. The team has demonstrated that pharmaceutical targeting of PLpro by a non-covalent inhibitor (GRL-0617) blocks virus spread and increases anti-viral immunity in human epithelial cells, the prime site of pathogen entry. The respective results are now published in Nature."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41...u5CjdxWh_JMuYe4s_y6HvhEvgfwvDTqYelOH7OaKQUVc=

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2601-5

https://www.biochem2.com/files/news/1588752745_shin-dikicfigures.pdf?94368bfecf

I quoted what was necessary to make a point and however wrong I might have been, you should really try to figure it out and maybe we can actually talk....