Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No, I even expect far higher rates....besides of that I always try to find positive scientific results.

Nature is pursuing it. Right now.
    I mean it's a bit odd to warn about something that is naturally happen.

They should read the scientific news I have posted. The work from Tübingen is excellent.
    81% of the tested samples who were never exposed to SARSCoV2 clearly indicated immune defence to it!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Nonsense! I am warning about people doing WRONG THINGS IN THE NAME OF PROFIT!!!! You are not "warning" about anything here - you are advocating a dangerous policy!!!

Nature is nature. But this is all about PEOPLE!!!

Some people, to be more precise, who are pursuing that goal through their policies.

But you simply do not understand this essential difference and hence you would be willing not to wait for medicine, science etc.

You are willing to sacrifice a lot of lives and a lot of Human well-being "simply" following your gurus, who are dangerously close to eugenics...

I have shown many examples where these things do not have to be the way you are advocating them, very REAL - but to you it's like a little water down duck's back....

Unbelievable....

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm can trust I no longer come back here, because I only see fights, retaliation of every order and so I deliver everything in the hands of God only my 2 cents ;)

5. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Bat not interested in having them problems in him hands ;)

6. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Personaly when i dont understand something i close my eyes and ears , turn my brain off and trust in Dr.Who because i've watched him for 50 years saveing the planet ....... and he wasnt dumb enough to get cruzifyed ...... doesnt abuse children and women ......... and hes ALWAYS there . He never let inhumanity suffer even when he had to fight the daleks . You sir are blasphemous !!! ...... Dr.Who died on transelor for YOU ........ only realy evil people deny that .......... you can clearly read about him in the books ........ you can even see his documnentrys on TV !!! ...... that were insppired by him and are undenyable holy ........ and if you dont give me money and allow me to steal your land Dr.who will punish you ....... and he told me i can kill you if you dont do what i ....... oooops !!!! what HE says ............ you wont go to heaven ....... and santa wont bring you pressys for crapmas !!!!

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1207 Yen, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020

You simply are not able to leave an objective fact alone. We are on the way to natural immunity ATM. As long as we don't have a vaccine. Period! This is not advocating anything. It's just a sentence like: A ripe banana is yellow.

Instead of you involve me as person, you assign some political attributes to me and then you vehemently go against them....
    And what has profit to do all about that..if not making money with vaccinations?

Please keep your idea of my person out here...
    I have presented scientific work that suggest pre-immunity. And it is just a rational conclusion (what I think) that we'll reach herd immunity before we'll get a safe vaccine at all.

It is a personal evaluation and not what I 'advocate' or want!

There will be a day where you have to decide if you want to get vaccinated when available at the public. And there will be a day (far later) you have to make the decision for your kids as well. (I do not expect approval for kids anytime soon after approval for 'adults').

Then you can 'sign' against natural herd immunity. But until then we all are on that natural train.

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The Great Barrington Declaration

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University
    Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University
    Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School

Harvard, Oxford, Stanford. Three elite Universities. Leaders, gurus? Or just best experts?

Make yourself an opinion.
    https://gbdeclaration.org/

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  11. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    #1211 case-sensitive, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    @Yen: you just can not, for the life of you, understand the ABC of this problem - HOW MANY LIVES AND/OR HUMAN WELL-BEING (= BAD HEALTH) WILL THIS COST, IF YOUR "UNDERSTANDING" BECOMES PUBLIC HEALTH POLICY?!?

Behind the numbers are Human Beings, their lives, their health, their destinies and your "Public Health Policy" would adversely affect countless people! In fact, this is what is going on in most places!!!

BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT!!! As we can see quite clearly, from some of my posts!!!

So, YOU ARE NOT "OBJECTIVE"!!!!

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Leading "libertarian" wan*ers - dangerous people!!!

Seriously, you should at least CRITICALLY inform yourself from different sources, FCOL....

15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  16. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :rolleyes:

17. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #1217 Mr.X, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    hey bro you look kinda silly with those rolling eyes. roflao
    What do you mean?

You do that almost every post I do lately.

Understand, not everybody thinks or have the same opinions about anything in life. It's good to vent your concerns so you don't explode at night in your bed...

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    is simple friend, i am not possessed yet by any psychotic abnormality ok ;)

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I try to post it from another perspective...maybe you can get me 'better' now.

What if there won't be a vaccine that is able to protect humans 100%? (And reading the scientific works I also posted here makes me assuming that). Besides of that not everybody wants to get vaccinated.

I expect one that comes with its own 'statistics'. Means something like: It creates an antibody level of X which is able to absorb a special amount of viral load Y at the first month after vaccination. This level X is decreasing soon to X2. By that the body can absorb a far lesser amount of viral load. And so on... And the vaccine has an own statistic of probable side effects Z.

The next conclusion is: If you get a viral load that does exceed you current capacity of anti-body you get sick either way. You probably (at best) get a nearly 100% protection because the initial amount of anti-body is that high that a 'common' viral load will be easily absorbed completely. But that relationship is always changing to less protective abilities.

The 'other thing' that happens is that people get sick by COVID-19. By that 'the second instance' the t cells get involved. And thank god they have a long time memory and they have learned already. (Without that fact COVID-19 would be really really dangerous)!

As final conclusion a potential vaccination just adds another countermeasure with own statistics to delay reaching natural herd immunity and nation by nation has its own factor of delay depending on applied measures and available vaccines and their potential.

Since the applied restrictions always come with huge impact on economy we cannot afford to repeat the same amount of restrictions all the time.

The pandemic on its way will probably attract attention by peaks from time to time until it naturally vanishes in the background. But a 'vaccination day' would not determine its end.

What makes you sure that this evaluation is wrong?

(As being said. I do not advocate a health policy I try to evaluate)...

20. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    No, Yen, we do not function on "what if we can't" - that defeatism never led anywhere good!!! We are not animals, we are Human Beings, with creativity, imagination, Science, Technology, Politics, Ethics and so on....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email

Covid-19 may cause sudden and permanent hearing loss, experts have found, adding that such problems need early detection and urgent treatment.

The coronavirus has been found to affect the body in myriad ways, from a loss of taste and smell to organ damage.

Now doctors have reported fresh evidence that Covid could also affect hearing.

Writing in the journal BMJ Case Reports, experts at University College London report the case of a 45-year-old man with asthma who was admitted to intensive care with Covid, ventilated, and given drugs including the antiviral remdesivir and intravenous steroids.

A week after leaving intensive care he developed a ringing sound – tinnitus – and then hearing loss in his left ear.

The team say none of the medications the man was given would be expected to cause damage to his hearing, while he had no problems with his ear canals or ear drums. Further investigation showed no sign of autoimmune problems, while he did not have flu or HIV – conditions previously linked to hearing loss. What’s more, the man had never had hearing problems before.

Subsequent tests revealed the man had sensorineural hearing loss in his left ear – a situation where the inner ear or the nerve responsible for sound is inflamed or damaged. This was treated with steroids with partial success.

The case is the first such incident to be reported in the UK, although a small number of similar reports have emerged from other countries.

Dr Stefania Koumpa, a co-author of the study, said it is not yet known how Covid might cause hearing loss, but there are possible explanations.

“It is possible that the Sars-Cov-2 virus enters inner ear cells and brings about cell death, and/or causes the body to release inflammatory chemicals called cytokines that can be toxic to the inner ear,” she said. “Steroids likely help by reducing inflammation and therefore production of cytokines.”

Figure it out, Yen....

I have asthma - plus I already have tinnitus :p - I am a bit overweight... I have 2 young kids who need me.

Wanna play dice, wanna play Russian roulette with my life with your policies?