Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: ran out of huge red fonts, gorski?;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #1242 ipx, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1243 Yen, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    For everybody who has studied the basic principles of diagnostics the use of the PCR positive numbers at the pandemic and how they are concluded is it a hit in the face.(We are using PCR tests to identify subspecies of plants....we know the principles of PCR diagnostics practically)

It is a complete scientific mess and a misuse. (Not to speak of lacking of standardisation and validity of the test).

I am sorry to say you belong to those just swallowing current interpretations of them without really being capable of making a professional statement..and that's why you have just posted :"You have no clue.":)

It is unbelievable that such a mischief is still practised and that all those who know that still had not enough influence on that to change it!

I have never seen in my life something like that.
    Either they cannot admit it or they want not lose their identity by giving up their unreasonable staring on those numbers.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Bat couldn't believe he quoted de SOURCE instead of just plagiarizing as usual :eek: Then Bat noticed SOURCE was part of the picture o_O
    Guess as long as nuffin appears Copyrighted the Mods will allow that and MDL won't get hit width a DMCA Notice to remove de thread ;)

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    The world has entered in a "modern" old dark age of techno-feudalism.

Omg

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop LYING, Bat! One - in all other cases I strictly put up the source!!! ANYONE can check it! And the one I didn't put up by a simple oversight - you could check. Alas, this is beyond you.... Which is why you are beneath contempt, with such obvious BS...

Noddy, what's better: to run out of big red letters or lives? I know where I stand. Do you?

@Yen: obviously, you are not a good professional politician. And it shows. Thank goodness people like you are NOT in charge of public health policy... At least good politicians understand they are in charge of not only economy but also public health and lives depend on their policies. They don't hide behind numbers and statistics. Unlike some bad scientists, businessmen and some really bad politicians. Good politicians understand there are other principles which override statistics and scientific models....

Lost, some of you.... completely lost. Empathy is a foreign word for you! Difficult to see and come to terms with... at least for me...

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hm.. i would have no problem with yen playing Mutti Merkel, @gorski.. at least we can trust him..:D

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I don't - not on this issue, that's for sure! And I think no one should!

For as long as Germany doesn't play the UK game - you can trust those guys in charge.

Once Germany starts following BoJo - well, look at the BS we have here, the mess, the deaths, the suffering....

9. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Wouldn't know for sure cause got a real life so don't has de time to read all de Copy/Past FAR Left BS You post. You got called out and in your usual fashion replied inappropriately. Anyone else guilty of a "simple oversight" would have apologised and corrected de error. Who is beneath contempt o_O

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    OK, then I will report you for LYING ABOUT WHAT I DO AND HOW I BEHAVE!!!!

@Yen, can you see that I always source what I put up here? ALWAYS!

As it happens, ONCE I forgot to do it and then this a-hole jumps to the occasion and alleges I NEVER do it!!! Which is a LIE!!!!!

How to resolve it? Well, mercifully, it is EASY to check who is a LIAR!!!

Can @admin check if I ALWAYS POST SOURCES and this one he mentions was a fluke, as in an exception to the rule or if I NEVER POST SOURCE, as Bat alleges...

11. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Youve posted several posts in the last few days without links.

12. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #1252 Bat.1, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2020
    Bat think de Pink Bot Need a Time Out until shim able to read de RULES
    1.3 Treat other members as you would want them to treat you. Any comments of a personal nature such as but not limited to, race, religion, intelligence, literacy, gender to another member will be deleted and the poster banned.

Maybe Some Folks just Don't has to obey dem :dunno:

13. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Maybe him actually took de time and typed dis all out :g:

One more time, let's clear the notions properly:

"Maria Van Kerkhove, the World Health Organization's technical lead for coronavirus response, said during a media briefing in Geneva last week that "herd immunity" is typically discussed in the context of vaccinations -- not as a response to a pandemic.

"Normally when we talk about herd immunity, we talk about how much of the population needs to be vaccinated to have immunity to the virus, to the pathogen, so that transmission can no longer take place or it's very difficult for a virus or a pathogen to transmit between people," Van Kerkhove said.

"If we think about herd immunity in the natural sense of just letting a virus run, it's very dangerous," she said. "That means that many people are infected, many people will need hospitalizations and many people will die."

I put it to you once again: scientists, sadly, are frequently NOT properly trained in either Logic or Public Health Policy, many are almost autistic, if not sociopathic and can't see Human Beings past the numbers for love or money. They are frequently the most dangerous people, with such tunnel vision!!!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another." I. Kant, "What is Enlightenment" in "Political writings" (1784) - the basis of Modernity...

14. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    So ...... two things ...... either herd imunity through vacines or through letting it take its cource ....... BUT ..,.,... its not either or its somewhere in between ....... and ...... it seems to me to be clear to see that there's already a large part of the population that has some degree of imunity .....,.. otherwise the streets would be full of bodys :)

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Jesus!

It is full of bodies or seriously ill even young and fit people, let alone older and people with preexisting illnesses!!! And it would be many more if "let it all hang out" attitude prevailed!!! THAT'S THE POINT YOU GENIUSES DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT!!!!

In that case public health services like NHS would not have been able to cope. In fact, some of them are on a brink already, as I have written before, the nurses are planning of leaving in large numbers, they never saw so many people die on their watch, including their own colleagues, who were left without PPE and/or support - it's like wartime for them.... PTSD is a new term for you, I see....

But don't let that worry you: since you are not seeing it, since it is not happening to you - it simply doesn't exist, sure... FCOL!!!! Autistic, are we?!?

I have posted tons of posts with links!!! If I re-posted my post then I haven't felt the need to post the link yet again!!! But they are there! Always credited the source!!! CHECK IT!!! And even if I made a mistake, as I have written already - FCOL, it's dead simple to C&P a title into DuckDuckGO or some other search engine, so f-off!!! What do you think, that I am inventing the wheel?

But I will tell you who here is posting BS trying to be "clever".... Oh, shoot.... I already did.... so many times it hurts...

Never mind.... Go, regurgitate some more soft eugenics ideas....

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Bat, have you ever heard of PUNCTUATION?!? These signs: "" - do they mean anything to you?!? It's back to primary school for you, m8....

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  18. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    So Bat is FREEEEE to say whatever him wants without repercussion :) YEN might put up width Your BullShidt but promise Bat won't ;)

So de Same Old Crap with My Posts getting deleted while Gorski keeps Running shis mouth:mad: WTF You get Alex to come back just to cover your ass ?

So take Your Gay (I have nothing against udder Gays) Ass and shove your Gender Studies Degree Up It :D

Gawd an Education is a Horrible thing to waste on an IDIOT :roflmao:

Don't bother Banning Bat Mods, Bat Quit :mad: FUCQE Dis SH!T

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There has to be no fight about posted sources. The thread is a public thread and anybody can read where exactly sources have been posted. :rolleyes:

You again avoid to argue on the matter proper diagnostic. If there would be valid objections you cannot recognize them in your mind, they are always false per se. I mean what way of arguing is that?!
    The number of positive PCR tests is used to justify to release and to execute rules for the pandemic and that by suspending the constitution.

The currently used PCR test has lab approval, but no approval for diagnostic.
    The reasons for it are:

It is not standardized. Means depending on lab its way of processing varies, means you get different results. Different nations have different thresholds.
    It is not validated. Means it is uncertain if it repeats to the same result and the chosen DNA sequences were never zoned against other corona viruses.
    It comes with a natural error rate on positives which is 5000 every million. It is even higher when you test healthy people.

Proper rules of diagnostic, every physician actually knows them and applies them. But here at the pandemic they are treated with contempt. People with positive tests are sent to quarantine because positive=illness.
    This is scientific dilettantism!

To determine an illness there is anamnesis. A lab result is used to substantiate the assumption. It is never used to determine the illness alone and has to be used as medical tool (if it has got the approval for it). A test never determines the illness it is always the physician!

You go to the doc, the doc makes the anamnesis, the doc uses different tools of diagnostic and the doc determines the illness and choses the right treatment. This is proper diagnostic!

You can now find counterarguments against mine...or again waste your time drifting away to your same record.:)

20. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I'm afraid you are doing that, Yen. Wasting your time on very dubious interpretations of this phenomena, while numbers are going up and up, as we are learning of more and more horryfing aspects of this illness, that we might get it again, having had it, that all are possible victims, that it is not feasible to ring fence the vulnerable and so on and on...

You are ignoring all this on dubious grounds, so pardon me if I am exasperated when I see such posts regurgitating numbers and not seeing Humanity....