Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by luzea, Feb 28, 2020.

1. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Senior Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Well at least we have the comfort that we finaly know something reliable about corona = Things wont get better untill at least the end of next year ...... if all goes well ...... acording to the best most optimistic official predictions :)

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Indeed, we must protect each other from each other for a while, 'till we get medicine(s), vaccine(s) and whatnot....

In the meantime, REALITY CHECK - the numbers are rising like nuts, if there are no stringent measures in place!!!!

Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in your area?
    [​IMG]IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES

There have been nearly 700,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus so far in the UK and more than 40,000 people have died, government figures show.

However, these figures include only people who have died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus and other measures suggest the number of deaths is higher.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    >Indeed, we must protect each other from each other for a while, 'till we get medicine(s), vaccine(s) and whatnot....

Yep :) ...... I'm 100 % with you on that ...... just in case we have marshal law and the pigs come round or starving rampaging rioters ...... i went and bought myself a pick axe handle , some CS gas , a 500000 volt cattle prod and i've wired the front door knob to the 600 volt main house conection ...... and have a bucket of water next to the bedroom window in case the f**kers have rubber shoe soles :)

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    #1245 case-sensitive, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    > is this how you wanna "just do it", brainlessly and callously?!?

Stop talking crap . What evil arogant people . IF that reception becomes a hot spot the couple should be prosecuted for putting the general population in danger .

Another posibility . Instead of this futile fight against evil-ution we should help it to seperate the wheat from the chaf ......and tell the population that we cant go on like this and we must get rid of the people causing problems . The morons . To do that we'ill stop all law enforcement and rules . That will mean that we might have a rough ride for a short time but we will solve the problem . The morons will go to weding receptions / not wear masks / go to the beach ........ and infect eachother and die . The more intelligent ones will wear masks , do social distancing and not die .

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1246 Yen, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    LoL, who ever is already trained on something that never had become real to that great amount???...on a pandemic simulator or what? :D

But...it actually doesn't matter. (I am not in the responsibility to public health policy.) I can freely say how I evaluate..and we'll see if my evaluation on a future vaccine (that it will IMHO not contribute to overcome the pandemic) and anything at post #1229 will unveil as some future truth...or not.

And Tedros....."too little was known about immunity...." yeah sure but to him. Maybe he should overcome his laziness and should make the efforts to read the studies! (If he's capable to understand their contents at all).

Besides of that...what's the use of being trained as you propagate if the decisions that are made are actually useless yes even prevailed by disadvantages...

For instance....

Argentina. The nation with most restrictive rules continuously from March until today.
    But have a look where they are!
    The now pronounced compulsory vaccination won't help them either!

The 'trained ones' do underestimate the number of infections (yes underestimate) in that way that they still think measures applied by humans can have a great impact on how the pandemic is turning out concerning numbers of infections...
    But they do overestimate the sense of purpose of counting them.

No we cannot do that much to get down the number of infections when a raise starts rolling -as shown in Argentina-
    But we can make sure we always have enough medical capacities and wait for a medicine.

The number of infections does not behave according to restrictions and it is no suitable value to determine the state of the pandemic.

If there's a 'saviour', then it is the good result of seroprevalence and contrary to a vaccine it is there already.

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Mexico on the same path.

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You really have no clue!!!

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: ran out of huge red fonts, gorski?;)

10. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    as of now...getting married : dumb, hosting a marriage reception : dumber, attending a marriage reception : dumbest

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1251 Yen, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    For everybody who has studied the basic principles of diagnostics the use of the PCR positive numbers at the pandemic and how they are concluded is it a hit in the face.(We are using PCR tests to identify subspecies of plants....we know the principles of PCR diagnostics practically)

It is a complete scientific mess and a misuse. (Not to speak of lacking of standardisation and validity of the test).

I am sorry to say you belong to those just swallowing current interpretations of them without really being capable of making a professional statement..and that's why you have just posted :"You have no clue.":)

It is unbelievable that such a mischief is still practised and that all those who know that still had not enough influence on that to change it!

I have never seen in my life something like that.
    Either they cannot admit it or they want not lose their identity by giving up their unreasonable staring on those numbers.....

12. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Bat couldn't believe he quoted de SOURCE instead of just plagiarizing as usual :eek: Then Bat noticed SOURCE was part of the picture o_O
    Guess as long as nuffin appears Copyrighted the Mods will allow that and MDL won't get hit width a DMCA Notice to remove de thread ;)

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    The world has entered in a "modern" old dark age of techno-feudalism.

Omg

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop LYING, Bat! One - in all other cases I strictly put up the source!!! ANYONE can check it! And the one I didn't put up by a simple oversight - you could check. Alas, this is beyond you.... Which is why you are beneath contempt, with such obvious BS...

Noddy, what's better: to run out of big red letters or lives? I know where I stand. Do you?

@Yen: obviously, you are not a good professional politician. And it shows. Thank goodness people like you are NOT in charge of public health policy... At least good politicians understand they are in charge of not only economy but also public health and lives depend on their policies. They don't hide behind numbers and statistics. Unlike some bad scientists, businessmen and some really bad politicians. Good politicians understand there are other principles which override statistics and scientific models....

Lost, some of you.... completely lost. Empathy is a foreign word for you! Difficult to see and come to terms with... at least for me...

15. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hm.. i would have no problem with yen playing Mutti Merkel, @gorski.. at least we can trust him..:D

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I don't - not on this issue, that's for sure! And I think no one should!

For as long as Germany doesn't play the UK game - you can trust those guys in charge.

Once Germany starts following BoJo - well, look at the BS we have here, the mess, the deaths, the suffering....

17. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Wouldn't know for sure cause got a real life so don't has de time to read all de Copy/Past FAR Left BS You post. You got called out and in your usual fashion replied inappropriately. Anyone else guilty of a "simple oversight" would have apologised and corrected de error. Who is beneath contempt o_O

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    OK, then I will report you for LYING ABOUT WHAT I DO AND HOW I BEHAVE!!!!

@Yen, can you see that I always source what I put up here? ALWAYS!

As it happens, ONCE I forgot to do it and then this a-hole jumps to the occasion and alleges I NEVER do it!!! Which is a LIE!!!!!

How to resolve it? Well, mercifully, it is EASY to check who is a LIAR!!!

Can @admin check if I ALWAYS POST SOURCES and this one he mentions was a fluke, as in an exception to the rule or if I NEVER POST SOURCE, as Bat alleges...

19. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Youve posted several posts in the last few days without links.

20. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #1260 Bat.1, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2020
    Bat think de Pink Bot Need a Time Out until shim able to read de RULES
    1.3 Treat other members as you would want them to treat you. Any comments of a personal nature such as but not limited to, race, religion, intelligence, literacy, gender to another member will be deleted and the poster banned.

Maybe Some Folks just Don't has to obey dem :dunno: