Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Wow....somebody who is almost conform to anything I have posted...

"The need for a vaccine is still very large, the data doesn't change that."
    Yep it'll vanish as soon as reason returns. We maybe should move focus to treatment.
    Vaccine is for special groups of people only...and it could be that COVID-19 naturally fades before we get one at all...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Have they? Wow...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Actually yes.
    Although this is very far fetched it could be clearly excluded if they'd practise proper GLP. And to GoodLaboratoryPractice belongs a proper validation of the tests and approval there where it is used.

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Jesus Marx wept - you claimed we are almost there in terms of having herd immunity and these guys are saying we can't.... and so on and on....

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1366 Yen, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    "Exactly what the antibody drop means for immunity is still uncertain. There are other parts of the immune system, such as T-cells, which may also play a role, directly killing infected host cells and calling to other immune cells to help out."

Your source refers to specific antibodies of COVID-19. It only briefly mentions t-cells. (Hence my answer actually yes. The difference is that I think t-cells are most important.)

Actually all what's posted there about specific antibodies is conform to what I know. A vaccine will use the same defence approach!
    And yes the source mentions we do not know how will be the initial antibody level compared to a natural level, if the plateau is still enough, if we need a boost...that the level at elderly people is declining more....that we have very very few reports of a second infection....

Natural herd immunity..your stimulus. :)
    I clearly differentiated two instances of immune defence. All the more even that is crux of my arguing since it is missing frequently.
    One seems to be long term (t-cells) and one seems to be short term (specific antibodies)
    At a natural infection and undergoing COVID-19 / corona illness you 'train' t-cells additionally.

And the two sources I have posted (there are btw lots of more cross references there) found out that t cells of blood samples which were never exposed to COVID-19 do recognize the spike protein of SARSCoV-2 to a high amount ~80%.

Here my initial post about (where I was very upset and you thought the original Yen has disappeared).
    I settled down in the meantime....but I stick to what I mean about herd immunity....a combination of cross-immunity and t-cell response...and to an unknown amount of antibodies..
    I thought I had illustrated what I mean by natural herd immunity.
    -We have already cross immunity.
    -We gain immunity by infections of former corona viruses and SARSCoV-2 infections (by t-cells)
    -To be immune means you do not get ill. (It does not mean you do not get infected).

The 'other instance' specific antibodies is still controversial. It looks like but maybe not a long time.

But it actually doesn't matter. It's the result = actual immunity to COVID-19 what counts.
    Your source is right, but only goes into the specific antibodies....a part of defence.

My surprise at this article is that it's one of very few that even mentions the t-cells at all.

7. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019

Interesting - at least there is some movement in Russia

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yen, FCOL, it seems we do not have the immunity long term, therefore there can be no herd immunity - WTH are you on about?!?

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    About an exciting subject of research.
    "Cross-reactive memory T cells and herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2"
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-00460-4

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I am talking about saving lives and/or good health right now!!!!

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1371 Yen, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Wanna learn how PCR at corona is working?
    https://www.otago.ac.nz/biochemistry/research/otago736925.html

The brothers:
    Code:
    SARS-CoV     SARS
    SARS-CoV-2   Covid-19
    MERS-CoV     MERS
    HCoV-OC43    Common cold
    HCoV-HKU1    Common cold
    HCoV-229E    Common cold
    HCoV-NL63    Common cold

And understand pitfalls
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/tbed.13684

And understand that PCR kits depending of supplier can have false positive rates of almost 50%....especially at low prevalence samples (random testing)...

Current news: Error rate of 96% (58/60) !!!!
    https://www.reuters.com/article/hea...produces-run-of-false-positives-idINL8N2HJ321

12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Aha. Now look around you, Yen.... Even if you reduce it by 50%...

13. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I dont know much about the science but covid is spiking again in many parts of the world and winter will soon be here.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1374 Yen, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    That's not the point.

I post that to inform. I post that because this is no proper testing. I post that because it is a hit in the face for everybody who is conform to GLP. (We btw have to be trained every year about.)
    Each analytical process here in the pharma industry has to be validated according to GLP. And rightly so!

But this PCR test affects the entire humankind, legal actions, interventions, freedom.
    And it is NOT conform to GLP!

50% it's like playing dice! 5-10% is still a mess.

I expect a lawsuit, actually!!! At least those affected from the Augsburg lab.
    Are you actually aware on the scope of this?

You take water (actually an aqueous buffer solution) to 10 PCR testing and you get the result 5 out of 10 is 'suffering' from COVID-19!
    Not to speak of the 'water' would contain another brother of SRASCoV-2 which would add another 7% of false result! (Source RKI Germany)....

Imagine this would happen to you. What's with your psyche then, your family life, your kids.
    You would think you are going through this with all consequences, but actually there is nothing at all.o_O

15. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    The only problem i see is that not enough people are dieing and they're not dieing fast enough .

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You mean before Yen & co. take any notice?

Alas, I fear even that would not shake them!

Unless their gurus change their story - no change will happen in such quarters...

17. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    :) I wasnt taking sides

18. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #1378 ipx, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Ask them... Nurses and doctors on the battle line.jpg

20. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #1380 ipx, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022