Couple questions from the new guy

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sk8trfred, Apr 1, 2011.

1. sk8trfred

sk8trfred MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2011
    Ok first off I have an hp pavilion a6234x with an Asus p5lp-le (leonite) mobo.
    I am completely new to bios anything. All ive every done Is updated my bios to Phoenix 5.23 from the hp installer.
    My question is how safe is it to install a modded bios using the hp installer?
    Also is it as easy as the update was?
    Will I be able to skip the post? Or is there a way to make my bios a uefi?
    All I am looking to do it reduce my start up time. I already have a SSD and my time is down to 39 seconds right now but I'd like to see it a little faster since most of my boot time is spent in POST.
    Thanks

2. sk8trfred

sk8trfred MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2011
    No one????

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To flash from DOS with awdflash or with a built in flash tool is IMHO the safer way at Phoenix Award bios. I'm using the built in flash tool when I update my bios.

Anyway it should work when you are flashing the modded one using the same conditions. (Same OS, same environment which you have had when applying the original update, same flash tool.)
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...-*.ROM-files).?p=276921&viewfull=1#post276921
    Mod of (sp37378.exe) is it the same bios?

You cannot convert a bios into UEFI. It's another programing language and needs to be rewritten from scratch therefore. This can be performed by the OEM only.
    You cannot skip post since post is essential for initializing the hardware. All you can do it to disable unneeded options and on board devices to speed up boot time.

Alternatively you may use Daz's loader if you don't want to flash a mod bios. Nobody can assure you 100% success when flashing a bios. Original bios or modified one.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...