Customer support sucks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pasta88, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi Guys, when it comes to customer support with anything, do you guys feel like if they cant answer a question and you ask for the next line of support, you are put on hold and you are eventually hung up on? I think 9 times out of 10 this happens to me. Customer support in this country and around the world has totally gone down the hill. About 15 years or so ago this would never happen. You would be with them until your situation was resolved or there is proof that the device is damaged and a replacement was sent to you.

Sorry if I am rambling on about this but I am sick of this fu*king sick of this happening. There has to be a way to prevent this from happening. It seems to me that most if not all corporations dont care about customer support quality and just want to know how much money they are making.

I am curious as to what others think about this subject. Your thoughts plz?

thx

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I think your statement is way too general. Customer support depends on the company/branch or on the particular person who is working on it.
    Also it depends on the service (RMA, tech issues i.e. ISP, warranty-return, replacement, service, advice...)

But what annoys me most is that there is always another person when I have to call again concerning the same process. So I have to explain the story again and again to another person.
    I'd say in average it is still the same. But particular companies have changed. Some to the better some to the worse...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. .org

.org MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2015
    ideally the agent who took your call will summarise your problem as a note & attach it to your account for the next agent.
    if you are an important customer the company can also assign a dedicated customer service agent just for you.
    importance as a customer is measured in terms of revenue you generate for the company.

4. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Does this sound familiar?

Hello, my name is Habib, I will be irritating you today.
    Please give me the page full of information you gave to the five previous people who transferred you to me.
    Thanking you.
    Now I will put you on hold for 30 minutes.
    When I return, I will either hang up on you or transfer you again.
    Please to be having a nice day.

5. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    LOL so funny palladin.

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Some companies are really great at customer support, and some are just awful at it.That also holds true for people.

I hate to say this, but when we run into a customer service agent whose voice sounds different than what we are used to, We automatically become prejudiced toward this person. Plus, it doesn't help that the phone system is severely limited in terms of fidelity (300hz to 3Khz).

Those two factors add an immediate irritant factor into the customer support experience.

It's also important to remember that customer service people have to deal with people who are already angry and aggravated with the product / service. They go into the task expecting to be chewed out, or possibly mistreated by the customer.

Two things: Try to remember when you repaired a computer for someone who was a complete a$$hole to you. How did that make you feel?

-and-

What did I do to enable them to feel that way?

Anyone who says "I like people. I want to work with them and help them" Will eventually become embittered to people.

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    from way back from dos days; customers asking helpdesk people where
    they could find the any key... but perhaps it belongs in jokes.. frankly,
    i never found a helpdesk person who was not reminding me of a trained
    parrot...

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    There is no "great support" by ANY company in Italy (where I live ATM)! And you can quote me on that in ANY court!!! :D :D :D (Mind, I am only quoting my Italian acquaintances... :D )

Neo-liberalism is getting really cocky...:rolleyes:

9. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Customer care /support.
    The customer support in the country where I used to live in is worst. The online (email/phone) support;
    You'll never ever get an email (positive) though you clarify all your predicament in details in numbers of mail you sent them.

And if you happened to make a phone call you'll be redirected (IVR) 'to press this numbers/that numbers' and when you reached the desired number then you'll be redirected to another person who'll irritate you for say half an hour then s/he will tell you his/her inability to help you and promise to redirect you to some more 'qualified/experienced' person who has acquired a good reputation in 'customer cheating' . It will go on and on for couple of months till the expiry of the goods you've purchased.

The manufacturer of the consumable goods are/were dead sure that the 'goods' they produced to last at least to its guarantee period (1 to 2 years from the date of Mfd.) be it daily household goods or durable electronic items like LED TVs, Laptops, Cameras or computer peripherals etc.. and if it happens to malfunction during the warranty period, you'll be facing the aforementioned customer support not only from my country but also in other parts of the world.

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I can only wish customer service from other parts of the world where I live... :D :D :D

11. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    I have called HP's customer support only once. A very nice woman with an Indian accent completely ignored my technical question and focused on trying to sell me a wireless mouse, an external DVD drive, and an external hard drive. After 10 minutes of getting absolutely nowhere with my problem, I politely asked her if I had been connected to the sales department by mistake and asked her to connect me to customer service. When she replied that she was indeed a customer service representative, I hung up.

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I called customer support for something one time, I got an Indian fellow that had very poor english, when I asked for someone that I could understand better, he hung up on me