"De-Americanizing the World" a must, says Chomsky...

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It would be of a lesser issue if it hadn't become spoiled with chauvinism = the belief in a superiority of the own nation

'today'. :)
    Where is a good question. Well the topic is de-americanization of the World.
    Lets separate two things:
    Personally (own 'measures')
    Concerning politicians / politics
    Especially rather focus on foreign policy, or domestically (as a nation to become a good example of social democracy).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Why not focus on Revolution? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I mean, the time could be ripe for it...:rolleyes:

[video]http://www.utrend.tv/v/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact/[/video]

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Gender, race, class, religion, nationality are all reasons to not trust humans. Until people realize that they are just monkeys with bigger brains then humans will go no where. The superiority complex is a major issue towards human advancement.

5. moon510

moon510 MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Americans, as any modern nation struggle to keep cohesion, social unity against national desintegration and conflicts caused by the system that propagates competition, selfishness, everyday struggle for daily bread. So population is taught to live on myths about "our exeptionalism", "special mission of the nation" and so forth. Nation endures through the senturies, sometimes tries to dominate over others by believing that "we are the chosen ones" We are the chosen ones. We have a mission. It sounds so powerful. OK, be the chosen ones, but don't try to save others, to make others free and happy. In reality the result is just the oppsite.

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :eek:There is national disintegration in the US ?

7. moon510

moon510 MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    It is disintegration on psychological level. Myths and police-force keep nation together, not solidarity.

8. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I think this has more to do with a black president being in office and the bigots putting on their tin foil hats.

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Rrrr, can you point to a "monkey Hegel", please...??? :rolleyes::D:biggrin:

"Monkey rights"?

"Monkey science"?

"Monkey medicine"?

"Monkey art"? Their version of Surrealism, perhaps?:biggrin:

"Monkey Jimmy Hendrix" even?!?:p

Gimme something to go on, for crying out loud...:rolleyes::D:p:biggrin:

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Not so fast! He who perceives, interprets and makes a judgement has already been "skewed" by one's family upbringing, education, general experiences, school of thought one belongs to, general state of s**te in one's country and city/-ies one lives/-d in etc. etc.

There have been many pieces of research into these matters and not everybody thinks as lowly of "the other" as you! One could say that similarly poorly constructed countries, based in adversarial societal/economic/political model... Oh, well... Better read from the link below...

Here is one of those: http://www.pewglobal.org/2008/04/15/where-trust-is-high-crime-and-corruption-are-low/

To me, this clearly indicates which countries will have most people up in armour every day of their lives... The correlation is more than obvious... Something to think about... Scandinavia versus......... Well, here is another:

http://www.econstor.eu/bitstream/10419/50209/1/350527032.pdf

Quite the opposite: for as long as lots of "us" remain "only monkeys with a bigger brains" we shan't go as far as we otherwise could/should have!

We are superior to animals in all things, other than being animals, of course...:rolleyes::p:D There, they are superior!:bye1:

11. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Not hardly. The major forces in power have been working a lot longer than Barack Obama has been alive, dividing the American people into factions which hate (with or without good reason) each other.

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #32 R29k, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    @gorski, We are superior to other animals only in intellect, we are basically fleshy water sacks physically. If you ever meet a 10 foot ant you will know what I'm talking about.
    I certainly won't go around stereotyping and saying everyone is bad and disingenuous. However look up politicians and their roles umm well I have an app err I mean a quote for this from Richard Dawkins during one of his TED Talks.

Oooh and the monkey bit

Some more

13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Apparently, we have 60+% genes in common with a cucumber :rolleyes: - so what?:biggrin::D:p

That way we do not see any developmental novum...:bye1:

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Ahhh ha belief in human superiority, atypical.

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Creature superiority...lol :eek:...lol as all life is governed by one timing mechanism and thus in life and/or death we all are all connected and an equal part but why humans are responsible for every planetary problems and destruction's

Why is America an model for how the world should be and act?

America is like hero's to the European countries like France/Germany and other places the Philippines

There is actually reverse racism in the Philippines because white people U.S. saved them

This whole world is crazy with power tripping, creating unsustainable "environments" and "organizing" societies that fight amongst themselves

This situation is totally f@#$cked and either we will need Jesus as he was miracle worker or the Pleadian's (R29k's friends) or the suns solar spot cycle's raise our energy to a higher collective consciousness so that we can unify beyond limiting concepts or ego ways of distributing resources and love...

I don't f@#$kcin know but whatever does reunite us with each other and with nature will definitely be the coolest f@#$'in thing or idea or whatever that has ever hit the world ever and I pray the suffering of all comes to an instant and complete end

Who's with me

TS :hug2: Life

16. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    deamericanizing the world?
    it can only be done if the
    world is americanized in the
    the first place,
    the funny thing is that there
    seems to be total agreement
    among posters here that it is..
    but is it really?
    the american way of life is
    just one way of life.
    and imo it rarely makes people happy..
    mb a very few at the top of that sick
    society..
    why not dearabizing the world?
    or dehumanizing it??
    and save all chimpanzees a world
    of trouble?
    just wondering..
    because i suspect chimps are the
    happier species... i dunno about
    cucumbers yet, gorski..
    :D

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    We are superior in all things Human. The nature of the thing itself.

And animals are superior in all things animal.

What's the problem to grasp this?

18. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Does not separate you from the animal kingdom unless you like to believe fairy tales aka religion.

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Coincidentia oppositorum: you and the Church...:D Your positions are the same, differing only in - or + in front of whatever you are saying... :D

Either way, I feel you really have nothing to contribute to the debate, since you are strenuously avoiding responding to my Qs... :D

I.e.: "fairy tales" like Philosophy, Ethics, Politics, Art, Medicine etc. etc, in Animal Kingdom, please....

Have fun finding those...:rolleyes::p:D

20. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :eek:Didn't know you asked a question. Understand what I am saying humans are animals ! Apparently you have humans as something else, maybe plants who knows. :p