"De-Americanizing the World" a must, says Chomsky...

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, Nov 12, 2013.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It would be good to go back to Chomsky's points a bit... please... :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    white house = y.m.c.a.

i know it is :offtopic: i would just like to add an observation of mine :rolleyes:

america has had 44 presidents...all men :confused: not a single woman president ever :eek:

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Moderator: The same thing was said about a Black (African-American (?) ) president. And that came to pass. :)

Give it time. Anything can happen.

I don't think it's about "De-Americanizing" the world as much as it's about curbing greed.
    Avarice and hyper-consumption are what's destroying the planet. And these are human traits which show no preference for race,creed or color.

We Americans didn't invent conquest. Nor are we the best at it. The Romans (Italians?) didn't do too bad at creating an empire based on conquest and greed.
    Neither did the British. (The sun never sets on the English empire)

Every "evil" deed that Americans are accused of are shadowed by dozens of evil deeds done by others.

We're not the only guilty parties here.

5. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    god bless america

i admire your modesty :D

6. Erik B

Erik B MDL Member

Oct 10, 2008
    @ Galileo Figaro
    Skämskudde o_O - please don't post anything more politically related and claiming you're Swedish. At least try talk to a woman first and see for yourself, they aren't that bad. As for your manhood/masculinity issues well :eek: time will do wonders don't worry. :p

7. lomax512

lomax512 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    Good idea but wont be implemented ever.

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  9. moon510

moon510 MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    The first association with the word "America" is not freedom and democracy anymore. It's aggression and violence. Here is yet another strong case for de-americanizing the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaq50D4Tp6w

10. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    It is all part of the bigger plan that's been in place almost since the beginning of time.
    1. make America perceived as the bully of the world
    2. dumb-down the populations through entertainment and propaganda
    3. get every nation tied into the central banking systems
    4. collapse the world economy, causing famine, disease, civil unrest and political upheavals
    5. instigate a war, to destroy the evidence and shift blame from those who caused it

You can know who is at fault, by seeing who it is that finances both sides.

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    "Perceived as the world bully"?:rolleyes: My word, what is that if not propaganda? :D It most certainly IS THE worst bully in the world, hands down, no debate needed...

And the financiers are (mostly) Americans, from powerful individuals and families, to corporations that earn fortunes through war...:mad:

The rest - where do I sign? :p :D

12. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    ach, wtf, gorski... de-oilifying the world would be more feasable, then.. whereever oil is found, war and misery follows in its footsteps.. and the profits go down the same funnel. always.. look at sudan, etc, etc, call me a cynic if you like.. :(

13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I would say de-capitalising the world... They are the pole bearers, you know...:cool:

14. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    de-capitalize... and replace with what exactly?

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Oooohhhh, I luv this bit: history used to be - but NO MORE!!!! :D :D :D

C'mon, get your thinking hat on... :D

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Just one aspect of it all...

For how long shall we allow the "chemists from the dark side" (the poisoners of Mankind) to continue their devilish work?!?!?!?!? Evidence aplenty but...:eek:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27980344

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

17. Ixtili

Ixtili MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2014
    In more than one thread now, I've seen a lot of anti-capitalist rhetoric slung around, and I'm curious as to why y'all don't seem to care for it.

Personally, I'm of a bit of an anarcho-capitalist mindset, but that's hardly static. As I read and listen to various podcasts, my views are both changing, and reinforced. What's so wrong with capitalism itself? Is it to blame for the state of the world, even partially? What of the concept of the state? Is that not more destructive than any greedy capitalist notion? When this entity called "the state" has a monopoly on the initiation of force (or the threat thereof), would it then be suffice to say that anyone who is corrupt, or "evil", would desire to become a part of that monopoly?

This isn't isolated to simply America, but any government institution around the world. The thought that a select few have more rights than you, and know better than you how to live your life. A system of human beings granted power to protect us from other human beings, even though we're all human. Personally, I think it's not so much about "De-Americanizing" the world... rather, it's more about shedding these power-over structures and replacing them with power-with. The rights of the individual, the world's smallest minority.

If governments serve to protect the rights of minorities, then why not yours?

18. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The problem with the world is money, it shouldn't exist and the system needs a change that really won't happen.

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To go back to the more basic principle: It is about false ideas of oneself. One is identified with 'things' and the rule: The more I have the more I am is the effect. Since this idea is lived by US authorities / companies most it can be determined as American attribute, hence De-Americanizing the world is synonym to de-identify with things. Strengthen / cultivate social attributes.

Money / capital are not bad. They are already the effect of a bad cause (greed due to false identification, accumulation of things as replacement for real happiness).

20. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Agreed with Ixtilli regarding the anti-capitalist rhetoric.

The problem is not capitalism. Real capitalism has not been tried anywhere in any of our lifetimes. How can anyone possibly say something doesn't work if it has never been tried and proven.

What people are calling capitalism in this discussion is more correctly termed "crony capitalism" or simply "cronyism."

A simplistic example:
    - Some rich guy with a large pile of money spends a portion of it to purchase politicians (his "cronies").
    - The politicians make laws that favor the guy (their crony) who gave them the most money.
    - The politicians also make sure that the laws are detrimental to the guy's competitiors (a less powerful politician's "cronies").
    - You and I, who pay the taxes, are not deserving of respect or consideration from the politicians because we are not cronies.
    This results in the guy having an even bigger pile of money, politicians having their own big piles of money as well, and the rest of us having less choices of what to buy and how much it costs because there's no true competition.

The problem is not the money. It's not the principles of real capitalism. It's not even the greed. It's the fact that greed is allowed to exist unencumbered, without any fear of being held responsibile. That has enabled a few people who think they should have control of everything, to engineer, bribe and buy their way to unlimited power.

If someone got rich by their own hard work, I am all in favor of that and would like to do the same myself.
    If it was done through nefarious means, by taking undue advantage of every loophole and walking on the backs of others and by bribing politicians and making backroom deals, well I'm not really sure what should be done with such people. Give them a rank of Private First Class and a gun, and deposit them behind enemy lines to be the boots on the ground in the wars they funded and instigated, that might be a good idea.