Dell 530 now unactivated.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by geist, Jul 10, 2008.

1. geist

geist MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    I installed Vista 64-bit on my Dell Insperion 530 PC.

I just recently looked (i had tinkered with the bios because i installed a hd eariler) i t now says i have sizx days to activate.

What shoild I do? I tried importing the dell certificate but still get the same issue... when i originally installed i simply left the cdkey field blank.

thanks in advance

2. geist

geist MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    Help. Please. :)

3. geist

geist MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    Just a note, I was attempting to fix last night and i must of 'rearmed it' and it went back to 15 days... though when i run MGADiag.exe it says 'genuine.'

so i don't know...

4. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    I checked the files you uploaded and your SLIC seems valid and so does your certificate. I believe other things are causing your activation problem other than the activation mechanism itself. Does it show that your are activated if you run the slmgr.vbs -dlv command?

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You can try to reactivate: General reactivation method: (described from RF-mode, not needed of course at SP1)

1) Open Internet Browser
    2) Type %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.
    3) Find the file CMD.exe
    4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
    5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing (there is no free space at 'Roaming', it's a bug, cannot edit lol!)
    7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    9) Type net start slsvc
    10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    11) Reboot Twice

After that re-apply your cert. and key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. geist

geist MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    It says my license status is in the initial grace period..

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    OK, then just apply the cert and the key using the slmgr commands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. geist

geist MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    that's just it, i have to no avail.

i did install a combo hd/blu ray drive the other day if that did anything i get a message on bios about AHCI bios not installed but that really shouldn't have anything to do with vista activation.

9. geist

geist MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2008
    I reinstalled with a Dell OEM Version of 64-bit ultimate. It's activated and I used 'Backup and Restore OEM' to save a copy of the cert and key.