Disappointed by the censorship

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by dk2463, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I want to add...

Decisions are made within the team. I am mostly the one who 'communicates' them here.

This does not mean that I am the one who makes those decisions alone.:)
    We've a majority with the same opinion here...threads about this leak (downloads) had been deleted by different team members already.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Just to give my two cents... decisions are team-based and for some areas it's really hard to moderate. People going berserk over each other or over different builds... so we have to decide what is in compliance of our understanding of MDL and what is not. As MDL became a big forum, you will always find people to disagree with a certain decision. But without decisions, nothing would be going on at all.

About this censorship and "right of free speech" thing:
    Having the right of free speech doesn't mean that everybody in every place has to provide room for all kinds of communication - we've experienced some frenzies over the years with new OS and it's the same with Windows 10 now. It's enough work already to keep this at bay... some things just have to pass. The change of policy was necessary for MDLs survival. And not everything that is going on "off-stage" will be made public here. We have our reasons and we try to keep MDL as open as possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. barnnmk

barnnmk MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2010
    One has to remember that the right to free speech, regards the restrictions on Government. This is not an extension to, conformity by, or limitations on, non-governmental areas nor private organizations. The last I checked MDL, is not now, nor ever, been an extension of the Government. For that, eternal gratitude should be extended by all to those that give their time to the extension, moderation, and policing of this forum. To those that disagree with the moderation of this forum, I guess, It Sucks To Be You...

4. November_Zulu

November_Zulu MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Agreed. Use of smilies is an indicator of being retarded.