[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office 2019

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ratzlefatz, Sep 26, 2017.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    @johntyrhodes
    probably it's the same

but single individual apps gets separate license/entry for each
    they may not get all features like Office 365 ProPlus

@Pir8pete
    what's the error you get?

2. Ellie Miller

Ellie Miller MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2020
    Microsoft locked my account 12 days ago. I have a suspicion that it happened because of this. But I never had problems for over two years of using the R Tool to get Office 2019 for free. Anyone else having this issue?

3. Pir8pete

Pir8pete MDL Member

Nov 15, 2018

gets to 94% then pops up a message saying "something went wrong sorry try again or contact support" ??? Also alot slower at getting to the 94% compared to the versions that install correct.

4. Bladeslap

Bladeslap MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2015
    Hi Folks,

I have been following the recent discussions here concerning applying changes to the update channel.

I have recently completed a new system and so downloaded a fresh copy of Office 2019 ProPlus (Volume Licensing) using the ODT set to the (restricted to!) PerpetualVL2019 Update Channel. In the past I have utilised the excellent "Office Tool Plus" utility to subsequently force an amendment to the update channel so as to reflect my desired preference (previously InsiderFast/InsiderDev) such that I can receive the more frequent Office improvements.

As it has been some time since I forced an update channel change to the Office 2019 VL setup I would very much appreciate some current advice on how this can be achieved. Please note that I have experimented with the previously successful processes with similar results to Windows_Addict (https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...osoft-office-2019.75232/page-157#post-1610591) using:

1) Office Tool Plus (Office Config > Update Channel) - Continues to report that 16.0.10363.20015 - V1808 - is up to date!!

2) Via registry tweak (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate UpdateBranch (Set to InsiderFast) - Continues to report that 16.0.10363.20015 - V1808 - is up to date!!

I am also aware of the recent changes made to Microsoft's naming convention for Update Channels though it is not clear precisely how these should be applied within registry..... e.g. InsidersFast = Insiders DevMain = Insiders BetaChannel??

Finally, my previous system (also Office2019VL ProPlus) continues to update itself to the releases offered (the current revision recorded as 16.0.13219.2004 - V2009 - 24.08.20. Would it be possible to configure the new system using the older one as the basis, if so what aspects of registry do you recommend that I should compare and then subsequently replicate on the new system? (e.g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration settings??)

Taking the above into account, I would hugely value your expert advice....

Bladeslap

5. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    @Bladeslap

As per a couple of tests in the past, here is my understanding,

- We can change the update channel to whatever which has a higher build version (latest) than the currently installed office build version with the proper update and we won't miss out on any update which may have been released for that changed channel.

For example, if we change the installed current channel build to insider then it will work just fine.

- But if we change the channel to whatever which has a lower build version (latest) than the currently installed office build version then we will not receive the updates which may have been released to that changed channel and the office will report that it's on the latest version.

For example, let's suppose we have a 1-month insider build version 5000 and we change the channel to the current which has latest build version 4000, in this case, the office will report that it's on the latest version and we will not receive the updates which have been released in last month for the current channel.

Long story short, we can upgrade not downgrade.

- Production::LTSC channel is a exception in this case, here we can not change the channel to non LTSC, (office will report it's on latest even if it's not, if we change it). abbodi cheked the logs for this, it states,
    Code:
    C2R::TaskUpdateDetection::IsUpdateBlockedBecauseOfVersionChannelPriority {"{\"message\":\"Machine has NonLTSC version and is trying to update to LTSC, Blocking\",\"update to version\":\"16.0.10363.20015\",\"installed version(oldest)\":\"16.0.12527.20482\",\"installed version(newest)\":\"16.0.12527.20482\"}"}
    C2R::TaskUpdateDetection::GetAvailableBuildVersion {"{\"message\":\"Skipping update because the Update source is not allowed for this machine configuration\",\"Update Version\":\"16.0.10363.20015\"}"}
    TaskUpdateDetection::DetectUpdateForMajorVersion {"Update detection task succeeded, O16 up to date."}

--------------------------

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...osoft-office-2019.75232/page-154#post-1605169
    here you can find update channel codes and changing method.

For your solution, you can use YAOCTRI to directly install VL office 2019 with any update channel from any build/channel file.

If you prefer ODT then install 2019 with a non-VL version (ODT only blocks VL office 2019 installation with non PerpetualVL2019 files) and convert it to VL with C2R-Retail2Volume

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bladeslap

Bladeslap MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2015
    #3146 Bladeslap, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    @Windows_Addict

Thank you for your informative post. I have now downloaded Abbodi1406's YAOCTRI utility for future reference as you recommended.
    It rather appears that as things seem to have changed since I last performed what was then a (relatively) simple procedure (post Office 2019 installation) to change the Update Channel from PerpetualVL (now Production::LTSC) to Insiders DevMain (then Dog Food) with the 'Office Tool Plus' I may have inadvertently gone somewhat '@rse about face' in my approach this time round and it is particularly regrettable that I did not think to review my options here, on this thread first!

As a result I have already installed (via ODT) ProPlus VL, Project VL & Visio VL and subsequently comprehensively custom configured the entire Office suite (including a rather complex Outlook profile) which is now performing perfectly thus I would very much prefer to avoid installing all over again from scratch following a more applicable download using the highly regarded YAOCTRI.

That said, is there an 'in place' procedure I might follow to achieve the same result whilst avoiding removing and then reinstalling the whole shooting match! I am guessing that the necessary entries which allow/forbid the PerpetualVL setup to update from a more desirable update channel can be bypassed once the appropriate registry entries are revised accordingly?

Very much hoping that the forum experts like yourself and @abbodi1406 can suggest a 'recovery' strategy that I might deploy whilst Office 2019 remains in place!

Thank you all so much for the detailed advice...

Bladeslap.

**UPDATE**

Following a little ‘careful’ analysis of the registry entries on the older system and trial replication of those entries in the new system eventually, by identifying and altering all of the entries containing the version differences between the two machines, I hit pay dirt and finally (after numerous failed attempts along the way) with office deciding that it did need to update itself after all!

After a nervous wait of several minutes I was delighted to see the old style office icons update themselves to the newer style already on the old machine.

All appears OK with my office installation aside from two very minor (probably unrelated) Issues 1) My custom Outlook ‘Quick Action Toolbar’ disappeared and required redefining - no big deal :) ! And 2) Several Outlook RSS Feeds mysteriously reassigned themselves to new folders - which I expect to be readily corrected when I get around to tackling it tomorrow !

7. k$

k$ MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Using OfficeRTool, I may have changed some privacy settings which prevent me from accessing Online Help. OfficeRTool seems to have no obvious way of reverting those changes. How do I reenable Online Help?

8. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #3148 ratzlefatz, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    (OP)
    Office has a privacy option in Options->General that lets you disable “connected services”.
    Unfortunately, when you do, you lose access to some features, such as Help, online templates,
    Smart lookup and other features that use online content.
    Activating "connected services" should bring back Online Help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    @abbotdi, I would like to uninstall Office2019 ProPlus by using official office uninstall tool SetupProd_OffScrub.exe. from Wondows 10. Office 2019ProPlus installation was installed in retail,then using C2R.R2V conversion to VL & activated with KMS_VL-All. What happened to the auto-activate with KMS_VL-All that I used to activate Office2019 ProPlus?
    I would like to use Yoctri to reinstall Microsoft 365 Enterprise office. Would I be O.K. to proceed with what I described?

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Use Office Scrubber after uninstalling office.

11. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #3152 ratzlefatz, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    (OP)
  12. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    SetupProd_OffScrub.exe don't remove Office licenses, so the system itself will keep reactivating Office 2019

it's better to remove Office 2019 completely, or try Remove_Licenses.cmd from Office Scrubber

13. Bill_Boquet

Bill_Boquet MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2012
    #3154 Bill_Boquet, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Since Office 2010, there is indeed a registry key hard to delete :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Common\Smart Tag\Actions\{B7EFF951-E52F-45CC-9EF7-57124F2177CC}

As @abbodi1406 explained, there is no real need to delete this key. If desired, it is possible to do so :
    - Run cmd as an administrator (!!! Very important, failing to do so could definitely block the key).
    - Open regedit and navigate to the abovementioned registry key.
    - Right click on the key -> Autorizations -> Advanced -> click on 1st entry -> Remove -> Apply -> OK -> OK. (Translated from French, maybe slightly different).
    You can now either delete the single key or run Office Scrubber.

14. SacMar

SacMar MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2019
    Is is 'impossible' to add support for installation of office 2013 using YAOCTRI? The problem is i dont need any of the features from the newer versions and my 10+ year old laptop seems to get bogged down due to them. I use 'SetupComplete' command to install various software during installation of windows 10, 64 bit Enterprise.
    I put this in the cmd:
    @echo off

SETLOCAL
    call "%SystemRoot%\Setup\Scripts\Office\YAOCTRI_Installer.cmd"
    ENDLOCAL
    Works flawlessly for all office 2016/2019 versions. but if i try to put **\setup.exe /configure configuration.xml for office 2013 it doesnt work. If YAOCTRI/YAOCTRIR may not be used is there another way of getting this done, unattended like above?

15. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #3156 drew84, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Just popped this in here in case someone could shed some light...
    Starting yesterday (no issues previously) when I attempt to open any Office application
    it shows Office is updating please wait... the message stays open for about 30 secs then closes
    at which point nothing happens, can no longer access any of the applications

Checking Activation Status returns this
    Code:
    BETA EXPIRATION: 01/01/1601
    LICENSE STATUS:  ---LICENSED---
    ERROR CODE: 0x4004F040 (for information purposes only as the status is licensed)
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product was activated but the owner should verify the Product Use Rights.

16. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Put setup.exe configuration.xml inside Office folder
    then
    Code:
    start /w %SystemRoot%\Setup\Scripts\Office\setup.exe /configure %SystemRoot%\Setup\Scripts\Office\configuration.xml

17. SacMar

SacMar MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2019
    Ok, will try that and get back. Thanks.

18. SacMar

SacMar MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2019
    This does not work on Live Windows installation. Is it supposed to work only during Windows installation?
    This is what works, provided the setupcomplete command is placed next to setup.exe and configuration.exe
    ECHO.
    ECHO Installing Office . . .
    START "" "E:\Software\Office 2013\Office\setup.exe" /configure configuration.xml"

19. ranamaj

ranamaj MDL Junior Member

May 27, 2015
    #3160 ranamaj, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Dear members - I was unable to install a fresh copy of Office 2016 in Windows 7 Ultimate. When trying to remove previous office installations by Office scrubber, it shows the following error and fresh installation attempts are stalled by Error 1714. Setup cannot remove older version of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. How can I reinstall Office 2016?

Thanks for any help.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Tapas\Downloads\OfficeScrubber_5f\bin>reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Soft
    ware\Microsoft\Office /f
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Users\Tapas\Downloads\OfficeScrubber_5f\bin>reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOF
    TWARE\Microsoft\Office /f
    ERROR: Access is denied.

C:\Users\Tapas\Downloads\OfficeScrubber_5f\bin>