[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office 365

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Alhaitham, Oct 17, 2021.

1. jineso

jineso MDL Member

Oct 8, 2021
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. orbittwz

orbittwz MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2011
    I wanted to correct myself there and you already answered
    I will answer to myself since I've thoroughly checked...
    Both Visio and Project are available as cloud based but for on premise aka offline use, the versions are the ones you posted which are standard/pro 2021...
    So for that, thank you very much!

3. orbittwz

orbittwz MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2011
    EDIT: one more thing, I tried to get the Language Accessory Pack for my Office 365 but it's online installation using a c2r file.
    is there a way to get the offline installations?

4. jineso

jineso MDL Member

Oct 8, 2021
    #65 jineso, Feb 9, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2023
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Knives*

Knives* MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    After getting Office 365 up and running using C2R-Retail2Volume and KMS_VL_ALL, does it have a support life cycle time-frame like Office LTSC 2021 (5 years, I think)?

Basically, I'm wondering if Microsoft will be supporting Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) indefinitely after it has been converted to a volume license using C2R with continuous updates forever, or if there is a cut-off date for it like Office LTSC 2021 has.

Thanks.

6. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    If you are about receiving updates, then they will be released according to the selected update channel and OS. Changing the activation name does not change the update download source.
    If you are talking about official support, then "formally" you lost it after switching from a purchased (?) license to a non-purchased license.

7. Knives*

Knives* MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hmm, I'll ask a different way:

- Office 2021 has 5 years of support or so, right?
    - Office 365 (Microsoft 365) has infinite support given it is always getting patched and updated, right?

So if I run Office 365 with C2R-Retail2Volume and KMS_VL_ALL, then that means the software will always be supported by Microsoft forever, and that I'll never need to install another version of Office ever again since it is always being updated, right?

If I'm missing something here, I would love to know.

8. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
  9. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Correct.

Though better put it this way, the O365 update is supported on a Windows version as long as that Windows version is supported.
    They will pull the plug on Windows 10/11 as they did with Windows 7/8/8.1.

10. Knives*

Knives* MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you Dolmatov and Windows_Addict.

11. kirios

kirios MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    I have Office 365 installed from an ISO found in some thread of this forum and I have it activated with a Mondo 2016 license.
    From what I have read, it seems that it offers superior options to 2019 and 2021, and would be as close as possible to an Office 365 license.

Can someone tell me if this is true?"

Thanks

12. jineso

jineso MDL Member

Oct 8, 2021
  13. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
  14. jineso

jineso MDL Member

Oct 8, 2021
  15. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Not sure if you will get the desired result. You need to understand exactly what you want to get.
    The "official" img images contain an exe with a predefined product edition. The folder structure is constant and moving executables should break product installations.
    Placing other language files is allowed while maintaining the folder structure. But you will have to use a separate script or program to select the desired installation option.
    I recommend not experimenting unless you want to test different options for a while.
    Placing different versions will be even more "confusing".

[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation
    [Tool] Office Tool Plus Official Thread

If the GUI is more convenient for you, and one current version is enough for the product, then I recommend the second link. You will need to select the parameters in the program and download the product (deployment type). Then create an ISO (deployment type).

If console and scripting is for you, then you can visit the first topic to create something "through" or "based on" Office(R)Tool: The New Era. I didn't create a multipack. Theoretically, there is no problem to create a GUI or console-like menu for choosing not only products, bitness, language, but also different versions.

16. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #77 Sajjo, May 3, 2023
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
    @jineso7341
    I understand what you'r thinking but creating an image file like those Microsoft release from time to time is just a to cumbersome process.
    You need to specify type of installation, bitness, language (based on your files of course), update image with each update...etc, etc and so on every time you want to create "latest" image.
    Copy'n paste may break installation at some point, you will have to test each image you create.

With the old msi that would make sense (maybe), the "updates" folder was/is available for this purpose.
    It's simply easier to learn the new way with C2R, download latest files, all files if needed, to a folder/path (for your desired language) and use deployment tool with your specific .xml file.

To summarize: Yes, you can create an updated image but when you done this 2-3 times you will ask your self if this is well spent time when it's faster to download files and have specific .xml files for the/each installation.

abbodi's tools - YAOCTRI/YAOCTRU are highly recommended, but I must also confess, Ratiborus's Office_2013-2021_C2R_Install is a really handy to create a .xml file with a GUI.
    Of course, there are several tools to choose from/and supported at MDL, all are well made tools.
    :)

17. jineso

jineso MDL Member

Oct 8, 2021
    @Dolmatov
    @Sajjo
    Just want to tell you that you were right.
    It is better to just use the latest img or iso released by Microsoft and let it update on its own.
    Extremely time consuming.
    So thanks for your reply and i should have listen from the early stages instead of going through a road you were just came back from.
    While i can not deny the enjoy of making or building such a thing, but i think it ould be better to make a better use of my time and learn programming.
    I am considering start with c++ to learn basics.
    Thanks once again.

18. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Depends on the update channel and the absence of task blocking in the task scheduler. It's unlikely, but something else might be preventing automatic updates if you haven't turned it off manually.
    The update is installed using the new deployment method. See profile topic for installation.