[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And not to be trusted or allowed on MDL :D

2. television

television MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2016
    I installed 8.8.2 from the french WMC team and it works well, looks great on 4k tv and the remote control works better than it has been in years. Latest win10 with dvblink client installed.

I have hit 1 snag, the DTB Addin for commercial skipping will not load, it crashes when opening WMC 8.8.2. I am using the final DTB release, DTBAddin1009R1 and tried x64 and x86 versions with compatibility mode dis/enabled. Anyone getting those pesky commercials skipped?

3. cohe6423

cohe6423 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2015
    Microsoft has disabled the ability to use 'Disable Full Screen Optimisations' for the ehshell.exe process.
    But, if you copy ehshell.exe to myehshell.exe (for example), you can use this compatibility option and you can launch myehshell in full screen.

4. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    I've installed from the French alternate link on 1809 and it refuses to see my Hdhomerun Primes. I've installed the oldest Hdhomerun software I had from 2015 to try and rectify but no help. I've searched this thread but 400 plus pages later I can't find a resolution Can anyone here lend a helping hand? Thank you in advance

5. ktide1

ktide1 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    What Windows version number? Updates auto installed? For cablecard to work, you pretty much have to have a "non updated" version 1511 with updates locked down. Win 10 updates break cablecard period.

6. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    Yes it is 1809 the latest... I guess that's the issue... I thought others had this running on the latest version..

7. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    It's in progress, I mean the WMC pack for integration.

Code:
    D:\Backup\WMC>dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:WMC_x64.wim

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17763.1

Details for image : WMC_x64.wim

Index : 1
    Name : Windows Media Center 8.1
    Description : Windows Media Center 8.1
    Size : 124,840,413 bytes

The operation completed successfully.

D:\Backup\WMC>dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:DVDPlayer_x64.wim

Details for image : DVDPlayer_x64.wim

Name : Windows DVDPlayer
    Description : Windows DVDPlayer
    Size : 24,772,961 bytes

D:\Backup\WMC>dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:DVDPlayer2_x64.wim

Details for image : DVDPlayer2_x64.wim

Name : Windows DVDPlayer 2
    Description : Windows DVDPlayer 2
    Size : 25,242,973 bytes

8. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!

9. Gareth North

Gareth North MDL Junior Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Hello To the user called Television.

Who said the following:-

>>>>I installed 8.8.2 from the french WMC team and it works well, looks great on 4k tv and the remote control works better than it has been in years. Latest win10 with dvblink client installed.<<<<

Is there anything different you are doing to get the 8.8.2 French version working with 1809? I have a problem with getting 8.8.2 WMC + 1809 Windows + DVBLink to work as do other people. Clicking on channels produces nothing but the circle going round. I'm a UK user not using encrypted channels.

Could I ask what specific version of 1809 you have if you can type winver into the Cortana box and post back the exact version you currently are running of it. Also could you list what system hardware you are using? Did you install any codecs? Could you provide the exact link to the 8.8.2 version you are using?

Thank you for this help. I hope I could help you with your issue of commercial skip.

Regards

Gareth

10. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    They're just killing it slowly... I'm still using Mymovies integration & switched to EPG123 for guide data

11. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    #9052 marcustaz, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    So while waiting for something to be done for 1809 I went ahead and installed a copy of 1511. Everything is fine except the dreaded "System Files Modified" on DRM channels. I've searched but can't find a resolution if there is even one. Please someone help. Thanks in advance

12. TwiddlyWilly

TwiddlyWilly MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2019
    I hope someone has an idea on what may be happening. I installed this version of Media Center - WindowsMediaCenter_10.0.10134.0v2.1.rar - on Windows 10 1809, installation went well. Problem comes in when trying to get the tuner installed. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 channel tuner. The app is installed in Media Center and it appears to recognize the card and its 4 tuners but it just won't install them so that it will use them. Going through setup shows the Ceton InfiniTV card and the 4 tuners, but when it through the bridging process Media Center closes and reopens. It tells me the tuner configuration has been saved and would i like to setup the TV Signal. At this point it times out and says it can't find a TV tuner and that is the end.
    Any ideas?

13. cjghome

cjghome MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    Need help....for the past couple of months...Maybe after a Windows update...My Windows Media Center live and recorded shows are displaying colors that are Over saturated.
    any suggestions....it only applies with recorded or live shows in Media Center....any other websites or you tube/dvd/blu-ray are crystal clear..

14. jed1949

jed1949 MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2015
    Since the thread title says 'possible alternatives' -

Fed-up with the twice a year WMC gets broken malarkey, I tested some other TV apps. I found NextPVR closest to WMC. I'm in the UK and use TBS 6205 quad HD cards to watch Freeview T/T2 on Windows 10 x64 Pro 1809. NextPVR works fine for live TV, grabs 7 days of epg and can record as .ts files (which I edit in VideoRedo).

That said, I'm very grateful to the guys here that enabled me to get a few more years with WMC.

15. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    I've asked before with no responce I'm on build 1511. Everything is setup and running great with Hdhomerun prime tuners, guide etc. However my 1 issue is DRM channels give me "System Files Modified", is there a fix/workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

16. ktide1

ktide1 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    Have you tried reinstalling PlayReady? Or a DRM reset? I also have a prime and have had some funny issues pop up with having to reinstall hdhomerun software after WMC, but IIRC that was in response to "no tuners found" errors. I don't think I've ever experienced what you're describing, but sure sounds like a PlayReady or DRM reset issue. :confused:

17. ssevan

ssevan MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2010
    Make sure indexing is running on pc. Type index in search bar on desktop and open indexing options. Click on advanded and rebuild. Wmc should be in included locations.

18. marcustaz

marcustaz MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    It's a brand new install and everything went fine without error but I'll give it a go and reset DRM in see if it fixes it, thanks for the reply and direction.

19. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Why not use LTSC 2019 like I do? no problems at all.