Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Alphawaves, Mar 6, 2014.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Small update to Office2010 lists in WHDownloader
office2010-kb2879953 is replaced with text file that contain the download links and more information about this "special update"
* This update is only needed for Office 2010 RTM
* It has no effect if installed after Office 2010 SP2 (or SP1)
* To install the update properly on already installed Office, use the exe file installer
* To add the update to Office 2010 ISO image:
- open office2010-kb2879953 exe using 7-zip, and extract osetup.dll and rmaddlocal-x-none.msp
- rename rmaddlocal-x-none.msp to pre_rmaddlocal-x-none.msp
- move both osetup.dll and pre_rmaddlocal-x-none.msp to "Updates" folder in Office ISO
checking that update led me to some interesting findings for updating Office 2010 ISO
- updated osetup.dll and ose.exe can be added to Updates folder, and they will be used instead the RTM files (e.g. inside ProPlus.WW folder)
this keep the original ISO files integrity
- updated osetup.dll allows to control the installation order of MSP patches:
files with pre_ prefix are applied first
files with post_ prefix are applied the last
- this means, to properly add SP2 msp files, along with post-SP2 msp update to the ISO:
either rename SP2 files adding pre_ prefix, e.g.
or rename post-SP2 files, adding post_ prefix
- updated osetup.dll can be found inside:
kb2879953 exe file
kb4022208 osetup-x-none.msp (newest)
updated ose.exe is in SP2 or kb4022206 ose-x-none.msp
- updating osetup.dll and ose.exe for the ISO works also for Office 2013 and 2016
however, the pre_/post_ trick is apparently for Office 2010 only
So if we want to make Office 2010 SP2 iso then what we will do is download the Office 2010 SP1 iso, extract the iso then change the name according to add the prefix for SP1 fiels like pre_ and then download kb2687455 (SP2), extract then change the name with add prefix for SP2 files like post_ and put them to the updates folder?
Should be like that?
You don't need any SP1 file
SP2 files are enough with RTM ISO
Ok. I found it.
The most current version of Office 2010 is 14.0. 7261.5000, which was released on October 13, 2020.
After waiting for a very long process, finally the installation went smoothly and was successful.
However, with such a long process, I highly recommend for myself to do the update process through a script that has been perfected by you, @abbodi1406.
But, At least I have an SP2 iso with contains all the files updated now which is created by myselff.
Thanks for that.
Here I attach some final version images and the contents of the updates directory in my iso.
Best regard from me. Thank you for everything.
I am using the 14.0.4763.1000_Select_volume_ship_x86_en-us_dvd.iso version which I found in the google jungle.
Spoiler: Content of Updates Folder