Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    Not what you need ? Ok my bad.:oops:

3. Windows 10 User

Windows 10 User MDL Expert

Feb 2, 2017
    #6863 Windows 10 User, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Don't know. I don't understand what you meant with your previous post.

4. Windows 10 User

Feb 2, 2017
    #6865 Windows 10 User, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    I didn't do a thing and I was still offered the updates. Anyway, virus & threat protection is no longer blank and stating it's managed by my organization so the problem is fixed.

So, in the other 2 PCs' case, should I use this ISO to do an in-place upgrade or should I integrate the latest updates on a 18382.1 image with NTLite and do an in-place upgrade? Maybe it won't screw up Windows and detect new updates, not to mention it won't be so slow to create the image.

How can I remove Adobe Flash Player and the Malicious Software Removal Tool? Msconfig's name is still in english and not in my native language, I still can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me click on them), still nothing happens when I copy certain folders to the windows sandbox and I still have non-empty folders with an empty icon. Let's see if empty folders on the Documents one keep on being automatically deleted. Internet Download Manager became broken so I had to reinstall it to fix it and now my USB devices appears as "unspecified" on the control panel.

EDIT: I forgot to say that even after doing clean installs (even when using untouched images) I still can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the ones I mentioned earlier), msconfig's name is not in my native language and nothing happens when I copy certain folders to the windows sandbox.

Also, which focus assist's setting should I use since I don't want to have notifications and may I still have them if I don't touch focus assist (the same with leaving it with the priority only setting checked and not messing with the automatic rules' settings) after disabling notifications on "get notifications from apps and other senders" as well as the 5 below settings and on "get notification from these senders" below? And may I still have notifications if I don't touch focus assist (again, the same with leaving it with the priority only setting checked and not messing with the automatic rules' settings) and disable "get notifications from apps and other senders" as well as the 5 below settings and on "get notification from these senders"?

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The problem is you do roll up all your queries into one single question and it becomes difficult to answer.

As far I have seen enabling the features or capabilities after the updates do re-offer the CU but I haven't tested with the In-Place upgrade since I don't do upgrade at all, do wait for another CU to be released and then try out.

Flash Player can be removed using either the Toolkit or NTLite and Malicious Software Removal Tool doesn't contain any package for it so you can disable it from offering through WU.

The Windows Sandbox needs the Virtualization to be enabled in BIOS and then Hyper-V + Enhanced Storage Service and still some more components which needs to be identified.

The Windows Sandbox uses a template container and offers all the apps by default, it won't reflect your current OS state. I have tried much with the sandbox since it works only when the OS image is un-touched.

6. panosxidis

panosxidis MDL Senior Member

Oct 8, 2017
    on 12 november 1909 comes on MCT?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  8. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    In my opinion it's a waste of time to integrate .net and flash updates. It's faster and easier to just leave them out and let WU install them while you are going through your post installation routine. </2Cents>

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm try open code operating system, you can configure it in your way some Linux distribution for example ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Windows 10 User

Feb 2, 2017
    #6873 Windows 10 User, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
    I didn't enable features and I still had this problem but why is it related to it, anyway? I was talking about removing them on a live install. I also have problems with Windows Sandbox using an untouched image (and it worked even on a "chopped" image) and I didn't even mention Hyper-V.

I didn't enable a feature nor installed a language related file but why are they related to it, anyway?

I followed those instructions before installing.

Which problems may I have if I just integrate updates with it and don't "chop" (like you say) Windows and afterwards do an inplace upgrade with that image? But like I've told you, some of those problems also happened after I used an untoiched image to do a clean install so they're not NTLite/MSMG ToolKit related.

I'm not the only one complaining about problems on Windows and I have problems even if I don't "chop" it. It isn't even correctly translated to my language, which is unacceptable.

Anyway, can someone answer my questions? I still can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me click on them), still nothing happens when I copy certain folders to the Windows Sandbox (and when I'm able to copy from the host to the sandbox it's very slow.) and I still have non-empty folders with an empty icon. Let's see if empty folders on the Documents one keep on being automatically deleted.

Even after doing clean installs (even when using untouched images) I still can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the ones I mentioned earlier) and nothing happens when I copy certain folders to the Windows Sandbox (and when I'm able to copy from the host to the sandbox it's still very slow).

How can I prevent my external HDD (and I guess other USB devices) from apparently shutting off since when I click on its letter it takes some time to appear its content and starts to make noise when accessing it (if I don't access it for sometime it will stop doing noise and if I click on its letter I'll have the same "problem")?

Also, which focus assist's setting should I use since I don't want to have notifications and may I still have them if I don't mess with focus assist (the same with leaving it with the priority only setting checked and not messing with the automatic rules' settings) after disabling notifications on "get notifications from apps and other senders" as well as the 5 below settings and on "get notification from these senders" below? And may I still have notifications if I don't mess with focus assist (again, the same with leaving it with the priority only setting checked and not messing with the automatic rules' settings) and disable "get notifications from apps and other senders" as well as the 5 below settings and on "get notification from these senders"?

11. jim_p

jim_p MDL Senior Member

Dec 11, 2013
    #6874 jim_p, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Probably not the right place to ask, but I will make a shot.
    Can windows update... update from 1803 straight to 1903 without going through 1809 first?

I have a laptop runninng 1803 and wu is stuck in "windows 10 update, version 1903 - downloading 100%" for the last 2 hours (plus the time it took to download the update itself and a couple more besides that one) and I am afraid to reboot it now :p

---edit
    Nvm, it popped up an error on the 1903 update (0x80244018). I will let it finish installing the other updates and I will reboot it asap.

12. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    you can.
    but only if the latest cumulative update is installed on the 1803 system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Windows 10 User

Feb 2, 2017
    #6876 Windows 10 User, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
    Is it me or it's taking a lot of time for new versions (1803, 1809, 1903, etc.) to appear on WU for the Enterprise edition (I have this "problem" on 3 PCs)? I might as well download it from UUP and run its setup instead of waiting weeks/months (if I don't a new version may be released meanwhile).

14. oilernut

oilernut MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Are you not on 1903 right now? Because 1909 hasn't been released yet.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    On what exact build are you now? We are discussing your "problems" for a few weeks now, here, in the msmg toolkit thread, and wherever you post it, and now you are waiting for what new version? I've seen you installing/inplace upgrading 18363.449 yesterday.

16. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    #6879 AeonX, Nov 11, 2019
    The solution for him is to do a clean install without chopping and without tweaks, using Windows as it is. Chopping and tweaks is for few people.

If it still does not solve installs LTSC 2019. Persisting in having problems can only be something wrong in hardware, RAM or motherboard.

17. Windows 10 User

Feb 2, 2017
    #6880 Windows 10 User, Nov 11, 2019
    No, on 1909. I just remembered I've been having this "problem" since the first Windows 10 version was released.

On 1909 (Build 18363.449). It's a different question. I've been having this problem since the start. It's taking a lot of time for new versions to be available on WU. I thought Microsoft had sped up the process some months/years ago. For instance, when 1909 (for example) is almost out, only recently 1903 is available on these 3 PC's WU so they're always months late. Does this have to do with the Enterprise edition, i.e., I woudln't have this "problem" if I had the Home or Pro editions installed?