[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. oilernut

oilernut MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2007
    LTSC doesn't receive feature updates. So it will forever be on 1809.

2. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    I know that - i am asking regarding a possibility for doing that (stoping a major update) by the way mentioned here. i was on regular 1809, not ltsc, and i installed ltsc to escape a update. I would rather stay on regular 1809 if it is possible to escape a update to 1903.

3. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2013
    Don’t know if I should be asking advice in this thread, but I could really use some help.
    I’ve used Rufus to burn "en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03" ISO on a flash drive.

Rufus [en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03].png

Assuming everything is in order (have a look at the screenshot and confirm please), I’ll begin installing LTSC 2019.
    But before that, I’d like to know what other Microsoft-related software may come in handy:
    1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1
    2. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
    3. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
    4. (various versions of) Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
    Do I need these things?
    If so, it wouldn't be a bad idea to copy them into the flash drive to have them ready for installation along with the motherboard’s drivers (LAN, USB, audio, etc)

Also, is there a way to merge the Recovery and EFI partitions with the Primary? I think I remember a trick enabling users to have those two as folders in C: rather than separate partitions.
    Or was it an earlier Windows edition? :confused:

4. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Yeah they pulled dotnet 3.5 and DirectPlay from the default install, I have lots of software that still needs it. All of my feature options I set through an autounattend.xml script and I add dotnet 3.5 to the image offline with dism.

The C++ runtimes I install as needed, I actually don't have that much software that needs them, DirectPlay and dotnet 3.5 is required more for me.

5. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Good you were able to download. But just to let you know, those ISO and SVF downloads are from @GezoeSloog It is trustworthy. The SHA is also posted so you can check. The ISO links are downloaded directly from MS.

6. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    The files are small because they are SmartVersion .svf patches which rebuild the LTSC 2019 / Business .iso using the original Consumer .iso image as a source, it's a better method than uploading all of the original .iso images in all the languages which would take terabytes of space and cost money (for the hosting/cloud), the end result provides the exact same checksum hashes as the original .iso images from Microsoft's MVS/VLSC. In order to use svf patches to extract the original .iso, you're supposed to use the svfx software from GezoeSloog's user signature.
    Russian sites like cloud.mail.ru are good for this because they don't care about copyrights, otherwise Microsoft could file a copyright complaint and the hosting site would be forced to remove all the files. :)

7. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Isn't that the case with every reported issue in Windows? Even if only affects 0.01% due to the many users you will end up with tens of thousands.

8. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    Really? Then, how many LTSC users would be affected, if at all?
    I can imagine that your statement would apply to non-ltsc releases as they are more widely used.
    Granted, there have been glitches on LTSC but at the moment it's certainly usable, far from what I would call "faulty release". Even with the latest CU applied.
    Most of the people saying that are those without experience or they haven't even used it yet.

And as far for the myth that LTSC is not/cannot be used for gaming...Enough posts have been made about it.

Cheers.

9. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    #3592 Krager, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    There is one game I know of you can't run with LTSC, that's Forza which is a MS product and requires store and a MS login. There may be a few other MS games and obviously MS Store games require it. Though not a problem for me since I don't have much interest in any MS games. You ~can~ install the store on LTSC and run them, but I don't think it's worth the trouble, just run any other edition of Windows.

I have had updates give me trouble before. It does happen. That's why I don't let Windows update automatically. I want to screen updates before I apply them. Fortunately you can disable Windows update easily with enterprise editions and updates can be obtained manually from the Microsoft Catalog. That was one thing I was actually concerned about going to win10 from win7, the ability to do updates fully manual.

10. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    Store can be installed on LTSC and I've seen posts here from people doing just that to install Forza.
    I don't play Forza so can't comment on if it works.
    Just saw your edit, in fact for me it is worth the trouble and running any other version that updates every 6 months with all the bloat is out of the question.

Disabling Windows updates is a personal preference.
    Some would prefer to avoid potential issues arising from wonky MS patches, others don't want to have to deal with issues arising from vulnerabilities being exploited by (have fun with) ransomware, for example.

Cheers.

11. Angela Pszbor

Angela Pszbor MDL Senior Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I cannot find this version
    pt_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_3e7f778a.iso
    Anyone help me
    Please

12. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #3595 ipx, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022

13. Angela Pszbor

Angela Pszbor MDL Senior Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I´m u
    I´m using now.
    Best thing I did.
    Its fast.
    :)

14. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Guys, how does LTSC versioning work?

I thought LTSC was released only every few years, so we have LTSC 2015, 2016 and 2019...

BUT I keep finding ISOs labeled "LTSC 1809" and "LTSC 1903".

So is LTSC released every few years, or not?

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #3599 Enthousiast, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Assuming they don't mean server.

Fake, probably homebrew, or people having no clue about the naming and versions.

The full name of LTSC = Enterprise 2019 LTSC = 1809 = 17763.1/107/316

Next one can be expected approx. 2022.

16. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Oh wow, thanks.

I have two ISOs now, one is "en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03.iso" and the other is "en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_be3c8ffb.iso"

According to heidoc.net the first one is dated 2019-3-15, and the second one is from 2018-11-13.

What's going on here? What's the difference between the two isos?