[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #5541 xinso, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    What system? 17763.xxxx EnterpriseS(N) Evaluation?

Let me try 17763.1432 EnterpriseS amd64 en-US

Step1:
    Run CMD as Administrator

Step2:
    Install pl-PL language packs

dism /online /norestart /add-package:C:\pl-PL

Step3:
    Import pl-PL MUI registry

Double-click C:\pl-PL.reg --> Yes --> OK

Step4.
    Restart

Step5.
    (Optional) Remove en-US language packs

Step6:
    Run Windows Update

Done

2. kyrcy

kyrcy MDL Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I am not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but with Windows 10 Pro many executable files try to connect directly to the Internet to several IP addresses. Is it the same with LTSC? And is there a way to verify that telemetry setting is set to security?

3. senpaidev

senpaidev MDL Novice

May 9, 2020
    It all depends the way the app is written. If the app is programmed to connect to a server, LTSC won't stop it from connecting to the said server. However, wrt Telemetry, LTSC allows you to change the group policy settings, and allows you to set telemetry to 0. You can you something like a pihole or modify the hosts (not recommended) to block or filter out these requests.

4. boo123

boo123 MDL Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Whats the latest version for the LTSC?

5. kgtuning

kgtuning MDL Member

Aug 26, 2015

6. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    on this edition i can remove cortana and has no story, right?

besides these two things, what else will be differente from windows 10 pro? i mean, what are the advantages os this ltsc over norml pro edition?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes, to normal Enterprise by ISO.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...enterprise-is-it-possible.82111/#post-1609878

8. Angela Pszbor

Angela Pszbor MDL Senior Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Can anyone send me a link to me download LTSC pt-br 64bits newest?

Thank you

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #5552 Enthousiast, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    This is what all is about.

At some point the "die hard" ltsb users switch to the next, to have the advantages of the new developments (features, improvements, etcetc...) of post ltsb, in that scenario you could just have used edu or normal enterprise, that would have been the same period as from ltsb > ltsc.

11. Solarsails

Solarsails MDL Junior Member

Jan 6, 2016
    So one thing that IS important is that there are no surprise updates that would say 'blow the OS completely out of the water' leaving a steaming pissed wife who can't print her shipping labels. (As you are probably aware figuratively speaking: 'the fault always rests firmly with the person who did the installation/setup'). Does the Enterprise version have all of those wild updates that I here so much about? I mean I realize that LTSC is generally speaking the Enterprise version without some of the 'features and updates that come with it'. I need stability and can sacrifice all those bells and whistles for it.. So take the Pro version of Win10 for instance, right out of the box, what are the differences in feature sets with Win 10 pro versus Win 10 LTSC? I assume that you use Enterprise over LTSC and if not whcih version do you generally use most of the time?

12. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #5554 AveYo, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. kiwig

kiwig MDL Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Just a bit harsh :)

14. kiwig

kiwig MDL Member

Apr 2, 2014
    I have a pihole setup for the adblocking and would be very keen to also setup for telemetry.
    Would you have a link to a how-to or something?
    Thanks

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    agree, since the Windows 10 kernel is the same for all versions...

16. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
  17. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    First impulse response to someone mentioning their steaming pissed wife and exposing themselves as a certified adult, while appearing clueless and lazy to even form readable paragraphs for their questions, would have been harsher.
    But I value showing willingness to learn more, so I dialed it back in the right direction:
    get the basics of Pro vs Enterprise vs. LTSC (sic) via google - at the very least I know it will provide the side-by-side table by Microsoft. Then hop into forums to get subjective opinions on the matter.

It was just an over-simplified example for the person I was responding to, meant as the simplest safety net to prevent
    surprise updates that would say 'blow the OS completely out of the water' leaving a steaming pissed wife who can't print her shipping labels,
    nothing more. It does prevent windows from ever starting feature update setup. It does not prevent downloading the feature update and attempts to install it.
    Did hint there are more complete scripts and tools to achieve both.
    In any case, I am sorry for wasting your valuable time and will remove the code there as it may deceive people into a false sense of accomplishment while windows would continue it's attempts unsuccessfully, but wasting bandwidth and hdd space.

I'm currently on a quest to update some of my scripts, soon to tackle windows_update_toggle.bat, probably the first to take a better approach than just block wuauserv. It includes wushowhide functionality by providing a simple desktop context menu to hide/unhide/install updates.
    For the most parts it works even now, more than two years later, except on later versions downloads blocking choice is circumvented since last autumn Microsoft switched to MoUsoCoreWorker. I will provide a fast fix right now, followed sometime later by the redesigned soft-like-butter blocker to contrast Sledgehammer by @pf100
    :p

18. nigaboiiii

nigaboiiii MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2017
    I'm having some issues with my Windows 10 LTSC installation. SFC and DISM also throw errors when I run them and don't seem to fix anything.
    SFC ends verification at 98% and says it cannot repair.
    DISM throws error 87 no matter what.
    I noticed there are also 2 windows updates which error out every time I click 'Retry' to retry the installation.
    I use an AV from the day I installed this OS and it doesn't detect any viruses so I think there are some system file corruptions.

The next thing I would like to try is a repair install, however after following some guides (which were not specific to LTSC but rather to Home/Pro) it seems that doing a repair install is simply not possible on LTSC.

Is this correct? Are there other things I could try?