[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #6161 Enthousiast, Sep 10, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  2. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twizter

twizter MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    Thanks @AeonX for your answer.
    I'll take a look at simplewall and TinyWall. As for comodo firewall I just got used to it over the years. The version of comodo firewall that I used for so long (and its currenlty installed) is v.5.10. Its an old version which I liked and refused to update to new versions.
    As for the 'outbound traffic', yes I need to control it.

I agree about Avast and all the other all-in-one sowftware which include both firewall and antivirus. I really hate when they all decided that its a 'good idea'. Back in the day I was using Kaspersky AV and then later ESET NOD32 (when it was 'easy' to get them 'activated').
    Kaspersky always felt like its killing my pc speed. NOD32 felt a bit better. But at one point 'easy activation' wasn't available anymore, so I searched for free AV and ended up with Avast AV. I'm still using that (old version 2015.10). As with comodo firewall I refused to have 'internet security' versions installed on my pc (all-in-one package).
    I looked at comodo couple hours ago and they don't offer anymore an offline installre for ther firewall. They only offer offline installer for comodo internet security (CIS) and then from there I should be able to un-check all the other components and leave ony 'firewall' to be installed.
    But the pick of antivirus app is what creates a problem. With all the crypto miners sh1t everywhere I never know what could be installed accidently and to be honest I always 'scan' the files that I download from the internet (you know that 'right click' option). :)

Btw.. why did you turned off windows defender and windows security and didn't installed any antivirus at all? There must be some other device between your internet modem and your pc that does that job, other wise if I were you, I would feel 'naked' without those apps (firewalls and AV).

4. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Just get Hitman pro combined with Hitman pro.Alert and be done with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Does this Kaspersky free version has the real time protection ? I was unable to find a crack for a paid version.

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Like for Cortana to work on LTSC needs to enable a policy in the product policy there might be one for WMR too, check with Product Policy Editor.

7. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
  8. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
  9. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
  10. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    I hadn't thought about that case :D

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hi my beloved friends please read this: Hmm things are getting difficult for us windows 10 users see only my situation! After installing all the necessary Win 10 LTSC updates I always use some Dism commands so that the system is always "lean", so casually I checked the facilities made by our eternal MSFT; Made this could not observe that when it opened Windows Explorer I realized that there was something wrong or inconsistent! Again then I discovered that when opening a simple Windows folder for example the Downloads folder I could observe a strange "slowness" when opening the downloaded files! So I used the Dism commands to check out of course and finally I discovered another Windows 10 bug that s**t ... in my view one of these updates (KB5005102 and SERVICING STACK 10.0.1776.2140 (or both) are simply leaving my system "without Control "About the paging file (Pagefile.sys) So I tried any ways to solve the problem by 3rds the system does not allow any way at least until now how to solve this; see more I configured the system to use a Windows cache To streamline thumbnail images ie: Item for 8192MB ... So I searched a mountain of places inside the M$FT So look at this article Please look here: https: //docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/slow-page -File-Growth-Memory-Allocation-Errors but another s**t what our friend "teaches" I already did and does not solve any s**t ... this way I just do not go back to my worshiped W8.1 because AMD does not make drivers for my GPU only the initial drivers Windows 8.1 / 10 that are naturally old ... in this way if someone here can help me I will be very satisfied right now thanks ;):)

12. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Sorry to hear about your issue friend, wish I could be of more help. But I was wondering what's wrong with the old AMD drivers?

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #6173 Tiger-1, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  14. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    @Tiger-1 have you tried to install Windows 7 drivers on 8.1? At least the nvidia drivers for the 2 systems are exactly the same until the SHA-1 hashes are the same. For AMD I can't say but anyway Windows 7 and 8.1 are very similar.

15. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
  16. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    AMD drivers for discreet GPU won't work across 7/8.

17. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    :roflmao:

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hi my brother from "cariocas" state :D:p, well Well in the current situation I'm tied in two options: I remove the new video card that cost a lot of money here in São Paulo everything fault of the damn crypto currency and use only the onboard video card with the only driver available that is for w10 2015 !! and it's worth the same for W8.1, but the problem does not stop there if you read my post carefully you can see the reason these problems just read calmly and you should understand ok...;):mad:

19. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :rolleyes:

20. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014