Do you think a wall on the border with Mexico can stop the immigrants?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Katzenfreund, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Will the wall be effective against illegal immigrants?

1. Yes, the wall will be largely effective

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. It will only have a small effect not worth the cost

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. No, it will be a monumental failure

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Por eso Michaela, yo tampoco tengo pelos en la lengua, en la mayor parte del tiempo lol.
    Aunque muchas veces me contengo, excepto en estos comentarios en este hilo.

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    pelos en la lengua?????
    Must be over my head

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012

@Mr.X: Mismo aqui. :)

And I understood what you meant. National pride, and the sore lack of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    A wall is not going to stop anyone....look now whats happening in NY immigrants are being turn back after they help our military in Iraq and they pass the back ground check.....this president is clue less and hes going to make us more enemies in this world... like if we didnt have enough already.

[​IMG]

5. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Heres a thought on the wall .

[​IMG]

6. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Here's the latest from the Daily News (NYC)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...n-sparks-chaos-u-s-airports-article-1.2958288

And now you'll all get to see how our judicial system works. A federal judge stepped in and blocked the order.
    The ACLU will step in and fight for the rights of Immigrants. And "Case law" will be used to change the system
    so that human rights will prevail.

Our laws need to be changed. And this is how it's done.

7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Talking in general, once something goes to the courts, there’s a chance it may bounce from one to the other, with previous decisions successively reversed, while costs mount and the final result remains unpredictable.

Continuing to talk in general, and not necessarily about this particular case, it surprises me that politicians, often lawyers themselves but in any case always surrounded by expensive lawyers, can pass laws that contravene the constitution.

This applies everywhere, but seems worse in USA, especially as regards legal costs and endless levels of appeal.

8. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Just a pulling at those heartstrings...
    “This will mean that my new husband will never be able to join me in the U.S.”

Please tell me, why did that remind me of the coke snorting, strip club visiting, devout muslim :)laie:) Mohammad Atta ?

9. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mohammad Atta is a name that will live in infamy.

For those who do not know (or simply chose to forget) Read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Atta

We will NEVER forget.

10. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Oh, I forgot... His favorite drink was Vodka and Orange.

Definition of devout

:
    committed or devoted to religion or to religious duties or exercises <a devout Catholic>

:
    expressing piety or religious fervor
    :
    expressing devotion <a devout attitude>

a
    :
    devoted to a pursuit, belief, or mode of behavior
    :
    serious, earnest <a devout baseball fan> <born a devout coward — G. B. Shaw>
    b
    :
    warmly sincere <a devout wish for peace>

:rolleyes:

11. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
  12. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Without being involved on “either side” of building the wall, or approve/disapprove of its construction, I make the general statement that if a country wants to keep foreigners out, it has the inherent right to do so. I’d even go as far as to say that it’s also its right to discriminate about who to let in. It’s their country and their decision, over which us outsiders have no say. Something analogous to not wanting strangers to live with you in your home that you yourself built for your family.

This is not to say that I like Trump, or consider what he’s doing as being in the best interests of his country, or expect the wall to serve its intended purpose.

13. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    What Trump did was wrong. And here's how we (The people of New York) feel about it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...refugees-immigrants-protest-article-1.2958966

We don't need a wall. It's a metaphoric symbol which indicates that the Government must not turn a blind eye to Immigration enforcement.
    I have seen arguments where some have tried to say that Immigrants do not have the protection of the U.S. Constitution, nor do they deserve it.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that stance. If you come to my house, you will be afforded the same rights and courtesies that I give my friends.
    If you come to my house and bring my family or friends trouble, I will kick you out with as much force as is necessary.

We need to take a hard stance on Immigrants who come here and commit crimes. That means immediate deportation and permanent disbarring from entry into America.

14. prashantsays

prashantsays MDL Member

Jun 13, 2016
    India has also finalized to build a wall in regions nest to Pakistan and Bangladesh, but the reason to build wall here is completely different. Its to control terror groups infiltrating our country and killing innocents and to stop islamic radicalization. India has had enough for far too long, all we need is a safe life and share love.
    So coming by this mindset and thining about Trump and his wall seems legit for a instance, but when you look close they are completely different scenarios, means mexican immigration don't challenge any existential threat to america as mexicans don't cross the border in the name of quran to kill the kaffirs (us hindus).

15. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @prashantsays: kaffirs...Infidels...we're all the same to them. So we must stand together and protect the innocents.
    Of -EVERY- race, creed, and ethnicity. Bar none!

That includes the Muslims who come to our countries who believe in a lifestyle of peace and peaceful coexistence with others.

We need to follow the mantra of the US Marines. "No one gets left behind."

Semper Fidelis.

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    This whole immigrant banning from Muslim countries is just a temporary thing. By the time it gets to the courts to be over turned, it'll be over. People are going to have to wait a couple months to get into the U.S.

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #77 Yen, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    You can always use the argument that things are temporary only. But 'real' insight of this means that nobody would suffer from this...and I think almost nobody is able to leave their family members behind without suffer.

Another thing is that actions cause re-actions, ego is re-active to keep things alive at which the ego has fun. It is the driving force of every rant and cause of every war.

- Entry ban of other countries (Iran and probably Iraq)....
    - Trump fired Sally Yates...

. ???

The 'issue on higher level' is Trump himself. And generally 'ego'. Both are also temporary, but 'the higher level' has always a greater duration. At most humans the ego dies with the person and not before.

It is actually not hard to look through that. Politicians who address the re-activity and emotions of humans rather than Reason. Nobody needs a wall, there is a border and control (immigration)...

Trump's politics is made this way, provocative and re-active. To pronounce a separation from 'others' and a seemingly superiority over a self-defined group of enemies. The measures are promptly and symbolic such as building a wall and the intention to realize them makes him not to stop to ditch original US American values. The Statue of Liberty would cry if she could...

Yes the measures made by Trump will be temporary so Trump himself is..but he will create a lot of agitation it has just begun.

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Why was this a no issue when Obama did it for 6 months, but today Trump does it for 3 months and now people are actually suffering? Where was all this suffering back in 2011?

Please do not fall into the media propaganda machine

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I never heard from Obama a notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion.

20. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Yen. It's only a travel ban for 3 months from those middle east countries that Obama selected when he was in office. They are making this out to be more than it really is.