Does anybody else here get migraines? I need some help.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Muerto, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I have heard that Hawaiian Baby Rosewood seed is supposed to work for migraines too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. melted

melted MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2015
    Good point! You can always change refresh rates to see if that helps. Not to mention the fact a lot of companies that provide television
    use interlaced formats. You can really see it when certain patterns in the background start to flicker and loose clarity.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, it should be taken in a small dose to avoid any 1960's/70's side effects

5. Miamijerry

Miamijerry MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2011
    For headache in the morning.

What has worked for me is Hydrogen peroxide.

Take a small sip directly from 3% store bought H2O2 bottle, and swish in your mouth as long as you can, and then spit out.
    Once a day works great... Kills germs between cheeks and top of upper gums.

How this helps someone.

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Interesting, I've never heard of hydrogen peroxide for a head ache. You do know that they also make rocket fuel out of that stuff?
    http://www.peroxidepropulsion.com/article/5

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Argyreia nervosa seeds do have stomach related side effects. But one active substance is Lysergic Acid Amide, it can be considered as serotonergic....(There are sub types of serotonine receptors).

LSA can be very effective at cluster headache and there where triptans do not work.

Also there are studies where bromo-LSD works very well, but unfortunately due to the classification of LSD it is not available to the public even though bromo-LSD is clearly non hallucinogenic....at LSA reasonable research is restricted..... I know that from my works...the company where I work would not go for Argyreia nervosa due to the 'laws'.......

When trying Argyreia nervosa seeds I would start with one only...you might get stomach-sick/nausea...

Hmm.. interesting. Although it makes no sense to me how it could since its administration is locally and H2O2 is not CNS active, it decomposes quickly...it's used for sore throat therefore to kill germs....and to clean/bleach bones and teeth and hairs.... :biggrin:

Yeah and explosives...

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, that is an issue which requires extraction of LSA, using petroleum ether and a food grade ethanol.
    This method removes the nausea causing effects, involves some very elementary science which isn't for this thread

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #29 Yen, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    It's difficult to argue. LSA on 5-HT receptor mechanisms can be used as argument for relief of headache, but also as a cause of nausea/sick feeling....

When I did some literature research long time ago it's been advised to peel off the white skin after welling in water....this should remove the side effects....I guess LSA is not the cause of the side effects (nausea/sick-feeling)

The bromo-LSD worked very well against cluster headache itself....people who are suffering from such only get Oxygen treatment and cannot make use of that what really helps. It's a shame since cluster headache must be like hell....

10. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    #30 BobSheep, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    My experience of migraines is an attack 3-5 times a week, extreme photo-sensitivity, vomiting and then back to normal after 4 hours and mostly between the ages of 13-17. Hardly any now but I still have Sumatriptan at hand just in case. No idea why they started or finished (mostly). The most recent was a sudden drop in blood pressure which triggered an attack. The drop in blood pressure was expected but the side effect not. Not sure if it helps but this is my experience of migraines.

The drug that my lowered blood pressure was Amlodipine which is normally used for
    high blood pressure but sometimes some forms of migraine.

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @BobSheep: I'm not surprised that certain medications created for one purpose serve another use. I have seen papers somewhere on Calcium channel blockers being tested for efficacy against cocaine addiction.

The brain is an amazing organic machine. :)

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    They also have audio processors that clip onto your skull
    [​IMG]