[Download:] Windows to Go x64 x32 for Pro and Core RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by moderate, Jul 21, 2015.

1. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    I seem to be reading about WTG Creator which on a genuine W8 Enterprise creates a separate W8 Disk (typically USB device/drive) (or if it can be mapped to a VHD).

Is it possible to take an existing W8 Enterprise Installation and convert it to a WTG on a VHD?

I am wondering what steps would apply?

Also, if this hack can be added to a W8 Pro, can the above same be done with it as well?

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    #62 coleoptere2007, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    @moderate Finally solved with these files , dunno what was the problem exactly :cool:

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Question (for the Red): Why I should do that? All my computers using legal software and near all are already upgraded to Windows 10 Pro! Just 2 of them still running 8.1 Pro!

WinToUSB uses to create WinToGo workspace with the same credentials as WinToGo from Enterprise does. Also, WinToGo need to activate only once, the first time it runs after creation! The first time I run WinToUSB after creation is on the same machine I created it with! May that has some effect, just I really don't know! What I simply know is, the created WinToUSB external HDD's are all activated same as the master!

And just to mention, if I need to create more than on WinToUSB drive with the exact same apps, like I need for my stuff, I just create just one and after that use HDClone Enterprise 16x for to create up to 16 drives at once and that also simply impossible with WinToGo! And for all of them they're still activated. The last I was do were to create 1 and recloned 7 with HDClone Enterprise 16x

If you've a problem, I would only say you do something different than I did! If you try as stated in your post (red), then I would think that the problem come from your action to re-create a 'static' OS from an WinToUSB drive and would understand that wouldn't work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I really don't know what some other users having problems with WinToUSB?! For me, it's just working fine and I use it for about 2 years now with no problems. That's all that's matter for me.

Also, the advantage it has compared to WinToGo matters a lot and also sves a lot of time. No need to setup a system with all needed Apps on a USB Drive saves a lot of time and for to be able to clone those drive saves even a lot of time more!

If someone has problems and it didn'r uns as it does for others, I would suggest to contact the Developer of that apps. The use of that apps is as simple as possible and even an Computer Novice would be able to work with it. The few steps needed to create those WinToUSB Drives, everybody should be able to handle that!

From my site, I just have to take your words and would be not able to check it's true or not because I simply didn't have, and also dont want to have, access to the hardware of those complainants. And you've to take my words that's working for me as I reported in my posts, like it or don't like it!

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Please-8

Please-8 MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Only for testing. When that is possible, then a "pirate" can clone an activated Windows 10 to 100 other HDDs and install the cloned HDDs into other PCs or notebooks.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but "Enterprise" uses always KMS or MAK activation. And especially KMS activation works different. I have two (legal) KMS keys for Windows 8. When I use an USB3 HDD with Windows 8 and KMS activation - then, yes: This USB3 HDD installation activates itself via KMS on every foreign machine.

Yes, but it is not clear to me what you make different.

Hm, in other post you write that this cannot work:

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #66 pisthai, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    #67 luky, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Is HDClone better than Acronis True Image :confused:

8. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    Iv never used HDClone however I am a longtime user of Acronis (about 10 years give or take). Its never let me down yet (always validate). Im a huge fan of backup,backup,backup,back, etc.. :)

9. Please-8

Please-8 MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2012
    It's still not clear what licence channel you use.

Please can you tell me what licence channel your with WinToUSB cloned Windows 10 has ?
    Open command prompt with admin rights and enter: slmgr -dli

• Retail channel ?
    • OEM_SLP channel ?
    • VOLUME_MAK channel ?
    • VOLUME_KMS channel ?

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows 10 Pro! Retail

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    For my work: YES!!

Main Reason are, it works very fast, then I could clone and Activation is still working, further on, I've an Enterprise x16 License. Later simply means I could multi create clone up to 16 Clones (HDD/Image etc.) at the same time! Save a lot of time

12. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Please advise.

13. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I don't think its possible to mount a .VHD as a USB drive or Vice Versa, maybe WinToUSB can do that :confused:
    Short answer: Convert it, NO. The initial setup is different on WinToGo and Standard installs.
    But, theres no reason why you can't clone the WinToGo HDD to a VHD.
    In fact I thought we'd discussed this before :confused:

I've just done it with W10. Installed W10 Ent on a lab PC, created a new WinToGo install on a USB HDD, used DISM to capture the HDD to .WIM so I can modify and deploy it to a .VHD on my portable drive.

14. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    Hmm.. I'll have to try this stuff out :)

15. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    1. Originally on Enterprise W2Go uses (clones) same KMSed license scheme, so basically requires to be plugged to PC within the LAN with KMS server each 180 days to stay activated.
    2. Same scheme works on Pro with gVLK (KMS) and I ripped W2Go mainly for Pro gVLK.
    3. On Pro and Home (OEM or Retail), it is more difficult (and HW dependant), so you can end having activated W2Go (retail) on one (mother) PC and unactivated on other. Well you can still survive that, since it will automatically re-activate, when plugged again to (mother) PC, where the W2Go was created. This is the reason, why MS didn't included the feature with every edition.
    4. Yes, it is the same on W10 and W8xx.

16. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    #77 crashnburn, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017