Dynamic Windows 11 Setup TPM Bypass

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by AveYo, Sep 2, 2021.

1. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #101 IXMas, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    No, but as far as I know the OP has 7-11++ new in the project, so maybe some of those, but not sure. :bananajoj2: :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. vdbepz

vdbepz MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2020
    In all cases of the remaining 6 files. Are there any of the 7 files here that can be substituted for the other 6?

3. Jaydenmark

Jaydenmark MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2021
    This bypass approach works flawlessly on a 5th generation i5 laptop without TPM.
    Thank you really lot.

4. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi,

Ok so we know there is workaround to install windows 11, but what about if we don't have any intention to upgrade from windows 10 at this time?
    Is there a way to disable/remove the message with the red 'X' on it
    "this pc doesn't meet the minimum system requirements to run windows 11"
    from Settings/windows update screen? I cant imagine looking at it until 2025 if not upgraded...

thanks!

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    You could try OfflineInsiderEnroll, use 3 for enroll to Release Preview Channel, reboot, then use 4 for Stop receiving Insider Preview builds.
    In theory it should reset the offer. Then just don't miss-click / install that system requirements check

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. GaGiLu

GaGiLu MDL Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    I have still the zip with the bypass.bat, does this solution still works with newer ISOs?
    I ask because i see it was removed from the first post.

7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Registry-based bypasses should still work, but not universally (for example, it won't work in virtualbox 5.x)
    Feel free to keep using it if you find it more convenient than other more established solutions.
    copy to root of media \ bypass.bat
    Code:
    del /f /q "%~dp0sources\appraiserres.dll"
    reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinPE" || (start "11" "%~dp0sources\setupprep.exe" &exit)
    for %%X in (sRAM sSecureBoot sStorage sTPM) do reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v Bypas%%XCheck /d 1 /t reg_dword /f
    start "11" "%~dp0sources\setup.exe"
    then run via [Shift]+[F10]: C:\bypass or D:\bypass or E:bypass (try more letters until you find the usb/dvd letter)

8. Dgk

Dgk MDL Member

Jan 18, 2020
    #108 Dgk, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    The OP is quite messy and really hard to read for anyone who just tuned in into W11 bullcrap. Let me recap if I understood it correctly:

(speaking in context of installation ISO tweaks/modifications)

1. There is only 2 way to bypass TPM check:
    - install as pseudo-Server (with all the negatives that come with it)
    - dll patching (oh god pls no, XP horror flashbacks of custom ISO and patched files and constant BSODs, GOD PLEASE NO)

2. There is no way to bypass Secure Boot requirement.

Am I correct in my assessments?
    Basically I was hoping there is a way to mimic W10 installer, so I can still install it on client machine with compatible CPU if he wants.
    (Yes, I'm aware of the method where you literally replace the installer in sources/ with w10 ones but I've already read up on possible issues and bug + it does not work for everyone and varies on machine per machine: some people lose upgrade option)

9. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    And these negatives where...? There are none, except that it shows Windows Server Setup. The end result is the same. This method circumvents all checks, TPM+SecureBoot+CPU.

You are patching one file from the Installer. This file does not end up in the resulting installed Windows. This also circumvents the checks.

10. Dgk

Dgk MDL Member

Jan 18, 2020
  11. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #111 AveYo, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    (OP)
  12. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd v6 update!
    kinda monstrous due to IFEO escaping and lame windows update on one hand, and garbage defender doing fake-positive shenanigans on the other hand
    unfortunately can't use a simpler symlink alternative because windows update driven setup is hard-coded to fail when it can't refresh the temporary folder in a certain way (and due to IFEO it must be kept alive - hence busy)
    note that v6 no longer intercepts vdsldr to trigger each time you open disk management for example - but instead goes for setuphost directly whenever windows setup runs
    ✅ getting latest 11 dev build via windows update (after OfflineInsiderEnroll / direct reg / other subscribing methods)
    ✅ running setup from official 11 iso
    ✅ running setup from official 10 iso (filtered by exe version as to not enable /product server unnecessary, and also force disabling DU - else it would not relaunch itself)
    ✅ running official mediacreationtool (filtered by ifeo path, else mct would fail to run since the heavy lifting is still setuphost.exe based that the script intercepts)
    ✅ and as always, if you don't need it anymore you can just run it again and it will remove itself

13. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    I upgrade my laptop
    no need bypass :roflmao:

14. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update v6f
    v6f fixes a bad regex issue, it should now work for everybody!

15. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update v7
    v7 also forces undo of previous v1 wmi-based method, not just the ifeo vdsldr-based v2-v5 (while v6 - v7 share the new method)

Turns out people still had v1 installed, and that would mess thing up with latest dev builds because it would delete appraiserres.dll
    I was eager to drop uninstaller for it (4 lines in my book is 4 lines too much) in v4 thinking people would just use the latest - and it did not matter if it was still installed before build 22509..
    But I should not assume much - users will "surprise" you.
    Probably why microsoft bloats everything they touch - once out of the "factory", you're kinda doomed to keep supporting the older blueprints and can't just present a fresh, neat new version ;)

16. cahmbandung

cahmbandung MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Will this script work too on Windows 10 LTSC (21H2)?

17. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes. It technically works even on windows 7 (but 11 will not keep files and apps directly from 7, so it's better to start upgrade from 10)

18. I don`t know i guess people like to do stuff the hard way, it's my only guess.

19. jack-armstrong

jack-armstrong MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2021
    I wager your help is not much help.