Energy problem solved!!!???!!!

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, May 31, 2014.

1. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I don't remember who said it and I doubt I'll live to see it occur, but it went something like this:

"The Stone Age didn't end due to a lack of stones and one can be certain that today's Oil Age won't end due to a lack of oil".

2. pompey

pompey MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2013
    well said!
    the likelyihood is that it will end for lack of money...
    solving the energy problem is a total illusion, imho..
    we simply use too much of it by far, globally.. maybe
    just maybe, stone age man was a lot wiser than us..
    he did not even start the global warming industry..
    i suspect because he failed to realize that there
    were multi-billion dollars to made, there.. :D
    dollars had not even been invented..;)

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #23 Yen, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    You are surprising me!!!!
    Not in the 'established' books, so to say not really.
    Since when have you sympathies for black pearls or even mystic / magic / Metaphysics? :D
    Shouldn’t it be Edison for you? :D:D:D

To me it has the meaning that we can replace oil before it is finished. With bronze, lol.

Would you spend 150€ / Year more with your electricity bill if your provider would invest in 'bronze' = renewable energies?

Identification with wrong ideas. To find values where there are no. Alienating from the nature.
    This 'seed' was already present in Stone Age...important on the one hand and there to overcome on the other hand...

It is simple. If we fail to resolve those patterns 'in time' then they will kill humankind.

Contrary to most I say this cannot be resolved by an intellectual progress.

It is a process of self-awareness which finally destroys the old ego pattern. A radical change in consciousness, driven by suffering.

The term free energy Tesla used has two completely different meanings.
    -Energy for all, from ‘free sources’ like sun, wind, potential energy. This idea can be realized.
    -Free energy as defined in Para sciences which violates the law of conservation of energy.
    No comment....

BTW: Edison was actually first at wireless transmission of information. He had a patent which made it possible to transport information wirelessly, a wireless telegraph.
    He did not realize it by himself, but sold it to Marconi. Marconi improved it and finally could send an Morse -s- over the Atlantic.
    Morgan wanted to beat Marconi and got Tesla. But Tesla failed, because he had a far more altruistic goal. No capitalist would support altruistic goals. -free energy-

Tesla was not good in handling money. And he had been ripped off several times. Edison however knew the business...
    Tesla was so to say a victim of capitalism.

My sympathies go also to Tesla. He was a genius, far more than Edison who had luck and a better 'relationship' to capital. Edison primarilly was a businessman, a real US guy in this regard, lol. ;)
    But I'd not say Tesla has invented the 20th century...there were far more involved....Braun, Hertz....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pompey

pompey MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2013
    that may be a scientists point of view, yen..
    but when i ask myself who invented the 20th century,
    i think of otto von bismarck, vice admiral john arbuthnot fisher, who
    invented the dreadnought, an obscure general called Schlieffen, maybe..
    or this man pricip..
    even foster dulles and lansing spring to mind.. and i doubt if it was worth
    inventingat all... just my two cents.. :) sorry if i am a bit off topic..

5. catgirl

catgirl MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2014
    Well I think every "Genius" has their oddities, just as we all do.

Tunguska has been widely attributed to an astronomical event, but to this day, and there have been many investigations, no outside material, no impact crater, no pressure dimple, nothing has been found to affect the area or the surrounding, to make even the slightest testament to an astronomical event of any known kind. I think the suggestion of his death ray was so absurd in most minds, that it made the Astronomical solution prima facie.

And then there are the numerous exploding UFO's and their parts (yet to be seen).

But my personal favorite is the Pinhead sized Black Hole... I holding out for that one...:shisha:

Bottom line..No other Inventor had the FBI rush into their hotel room and swipe the "work" as soon as they died, well at least that we know of..

Tesla did have problems, personal, financial, social. But that should not religate him to "nut" status. He had the stuff, much of which we are only starting to understand.

The Supreme Court even gave the Radio invention credit to Tesla. Edison's invention of Transmission of Telegraph via induction, was not radio, not even close, it had its merits but not the realm of the current technology. Edison was just looking to run with the big dogs. The system was "played with" for a year and then forgotten.

Tesla was not right about everything not even 20%, but his 10% holds some magic, that we should pay attention to.

Just Sayin...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #26 gorski, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    (OP)
    Oh, dear... you are totally lacking in information, my good man... :D Never mind, here's ol' uncle gorski to enlighten you... and the rest of da boyz... :D

What bollocks - it was Tesla and his ilk working for him who made him what he was remembered as, stealing from Tesla, in particular, after which Tesla split and established himself as THE inventor... not only of XX but also XXI century, as we can see quite clearly from this thread's top post... and onwards... :)

Sure, there were bits of Tesla's "general views" that were complete bollocks - but his inventions - oh, well, they speak for themselves!!!

Oh, here we go... :D I was starting to worry you "changed your mind"... But it was only a matter of "when"... :D And you have something to say about Tesla's "metaphysical" ideas?!? :rolleyes:

BS! It's all uninformed nonsense, so it's a bit difficult. Where to start? When Marconi did what he did Tesla was doing it on a much grander scale. The Nobel prize for it was posthumously taken away from Marconi and given to Tesla. When Marconi did it, Tesla had a look at it and said "Mr. Marconi is using two of my patents in here, without acknowledging it". And so it was. For instance... I am not even starting to "disprove" the Edison lies and urban legends... Yayks! You should have known better, m8! :D

Apart from Tesla being a victim of Capitalism - I'd say he found a way to be more free of it than most could have imagined, thanx to his genius - Tesla and money story is correct though. Not only did he not care (look at Niagara - resting on mostly his patents - and his contract to Westinghouse, which he simply tore up to help them, when they were in difficulties) but he also refused the Nobel prize in his lifetime, since they wanted him to share it with Edison, by then already a well known thief!!! But not many in Stockholm at the time read Tesla's words on the subject...:rolleyes:

And now, let's see who really invented most of the stuff you are using in XX century and even more you will be using in the XXI century - like wireless transfer of energy (what Edison - are you mad?!? :D ) :

http://www.amazon.com/The-Man-Invented-Twentieth-Century/dp/148122980X

http://www.robertlomas.com/Books/openframetesla.html

Here, have a good dig and forget about the old BS stories and "facts" before you start reading this... :D

P.S. Later there were more of these...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/174194024...on-and-the-Man-That-Invented-the-20th-Century

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    we should still go hydro/steam lol, and with this they would have an endless (practically) supply

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I wouldn't mess with that, if we have the Sun, waves/tides and in some places wind...

Better not mess with stuff we do not fully understand...

Something scientists are too eager to do...

Rather arrogantly, I would say...

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #29 gorski, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    (OP)
  10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Gorski, you don't need to enlighten me, I am with Tesla..:biggrin:

With „Shouldn’t it be Edison for you?” I wanted to pull your leg… :D;)

I want to mention that what I wrote is no BS, though. I am talking of Means for Transmitting Signals Electrically. US-Patent 465971, which Edison sold to Marconi.
    And Marconi was first sending information over the Atlantic. (Morse telegraph, which is actually nothing but on / off relative to time)

I am not talking of ‘radio’, means modulated (amplitude/frequency) transmission.

I have sympathies for geniuses who are ‘eccentric’, who have trouble with the ‘established’.
    (There are some parallels in my own life.) :):D:)
    Anyway it is not that easy to isolate things and to completely attribute them to Tesla.
    Especially the scientific progress was made because a few different people had successes.
    (No Marconi and Tesla without Braun and Hertz)

Some people are over-mystifying Tesla and AFAIK more than 50 Watts could not be transferred via air until today even though there are current researches on that.

The basic statement of his “The Problem of Increasing Human Energy” is that an energy system which is based on electric energy makes only sense if the energy is obtained from renewable sources, to burn fossil fuels is barbaric and research for renewable energies has to be intensified. I am 100% with this.

To me Tesla is rather important for the 21st century.

Especially when reading latest news:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/tesla-motors-releases-all-patents-encourage-electric-car-development-1599902

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I'll reserve my judgement of this... :D

Like, for instance, who made it for Edison - a Q you don't even try to ask...:kicking:

Never mind Hertz and Braun - without Tesla there wouldn't have been Tesla!:worthy:

:smartass:

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Seemingly to some people it is more important that Tesla becomes honored than it had been to Tesla himself. Exactly this attribute of him I appreciate much.

It were Tesla's altruistic visions that made Tesla 'special'... nobody else wanted to transmit energy for free.

Yes I know Edison bought a lot of patents, improved them to be filed as new and sold them again.…Telegraphy and ‘radio’ were not differentiated yet. AFAIK the original idea was to supply the railroad with wireless telegraphs, but they had no interest that time.
    There were also some ‘interference hearings’ in the patent office, two different technologies electrostatic and electromagnetic induction. All the inventors involved thought they can make profit that time.

It is not possible to determine 'the' inventor of radio. Many were involved, many different parts had been invented and the term 'radio' has (has had) different meanings (during history) and during differentiation to telegraphy.
    People think with radio it is meant what it means today...a receiver (device) to receive audio broadcasts..

The US patent court later said it was Tesla, but they ignored the contributions of A. Popow and others like Hughes.
    And the Nobel Prize was for “in recognition of their contributions to the development of wireless telegraphy". No word about ‘radio’.

The 'global' problem here is investor versus inventor...businessman versus true contributor.....
    All the patents where our workgroup is involved are owned by the company where I am working...my boss (also scientist) is frequently involved in 'interference hearings'......

All the more I have been surprised when reading that Tesla Motors has released their patents for the public.

13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #33 gorski, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    (OP)
    To Tesla it was something else that was important.

To us, though, it may be important to know who did what...

Look at this: http://www.teslauniverse.com/community/forums/tesla-history/heritage-and-homeland/topic-294/0

Nevertheless, contributions are one thing (Tesla had absolutely loads) but actually working invention - quite another... even if one's friend does it, not acknowledging his friend's 17 patents that went into his "novelty"...

Tesla el. cars need the creation of demand on the market and them and a few others alone might not be able to pull it off, that is the point in it...

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    To be more specific, this

15. catgirl

catgirl MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2014
    R29K...That be the cheese!

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To correlate Tesla with Tunguska fails at the very basics already. He was simply not able to do it!!!

There is no evidence that he could have had an apparatus which could deliver the power responsible for the Tunguska destruction...

People who think that Tesla could have something to do with Tunguska should not ignore that the Wardenclyffe tower had not worked that time, it never had worked (besides of the ability of precise focusing of the energy)!!!
    Also they should not ignore the witness statements, they saw something falling from the sky....finally...

Why should he not have talked about this event? That time he was lacking of money / had psychological issues and such a massive event would have provided to him more attraction (money)...

And not to forget that that what Tesla has meant with wireless energy transfer is already covered with a 'simple' transmission of electromagnetic waves. You are transmitting energy when using your mobile....the point here is not the possibility, it is the amount of transmittable energy / time = power...

Electricity was something new, like a magician Tesla celebrated its effects...

To some of us it still is....fluorescent tube below of a high voltage power line...wanna be a Jedi Knight? Try it below of a high voltage power line...:D

[​IMG]

And all who know simple Physics know that it is possible to ‘steal’ energy from electromagnetic waves that are broadcasted, one only need an antenna / load (receiver).

Electromagnetic waves (electricity and magnetism) and induction are the big terms...

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    One of many...

10449455_781175515247505_5926954596346703664_n.jpg

18. catgirl

catgirl MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2014
    There is also:

No evidence for a comet
    No evidence for a meteorite
    No evidence for a geological event
    No evidence for a UFO, crash landing or breakup
    No evidence for any chemical event

So I guess we are at a ...........

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    No, from "no evidence of..." there is no way to conclude "So, it must be X!"

That is just a logical fallacy!

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    As long as there is no evidence we can only speak of probabilities. But everybody can have an own opinion, of course, but should be able to give reasons and to say why he thinks so. :)

The cause of the Tunguska event remains unknown.
    For me personally most probable is an asteroid impact. Impact crater is today's Tscheko lake. Geophysical analyses and shape of the lake support this.

Two major reasons why it can't be Tesla are (to me):
    There is evidence that the Wardenclyffe tower has never worked.
    The power that is needed to cause such a destruction (even though calculations are varying) is far too high that it could be generated and if generated there it would have attracted attention there. I don't mean Energy, I mean power. Not to speak from power loss and a probable distraction due to earth's magnetic field on its way to the north pole....adherents draw a straight line from Wardenclyffe to Tunguska.

I don't want to go further off topic just saying that IMHO Tesla had nothing to do with Tunguska.:)