Fandroid vs Windows Phail

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Drunken Karnie Midget, May 10, 2012.

1. Drunken Karnie Midget

May 10, 2012
    My wife is about to upgrade to 4g with AT&T in the coming months, and she's been asking me about the Windows phones. I'm a Droid guy, she was an iPhail chick until she realized that iOS was s**t, and made the switch to my old Craptivate. But now she's looking at upgrading, and isn't sure which way to go, WinOS (we're zune owners, and being able to maintain on Zune marketplace is appealing) or sticking with Droid.

I don't know ANYTHING about windows phones. So, I'm looking for your thoughts/opinions on the matter. I know the windows app market is a bit on the thin side (by comparison,) but is that projected to catch up in the next year or two? I've been told (by a phone salesman, thus word is not to be trusted fully,) that the windows OS is stable, and extremely customisable. Is this true, or a fabrication to make a sale?

Finally, how do individual devices match up? Nokia vs Samsung, motorola, etc..

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I know nearly nothing about WP either, but I'd say that android is more customizable. You can easily install a different launcher from the market or somewhere else and make it default. If you wan't to go really far: android is open source so you can literally change everything.
    With WP you are always bound to the metro interface.

I mean: WP is customizable with the settings MS provides you, and maybe some 3th party appes. In android you can invent and try things yourself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...