Find Dell Laptops By Serial Number

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by armadillotuff, Sep 18, 2016.

1. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I agree with this, some people these days tag their children as if they are a prisoner. The obvious mindset the child will have is that the parent doesn't trust them so why trust the parent, and it spirals from there !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #22 Hadron-Curious, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Oh, come on! You are reading too many meanings to the OP. His intention might be different from what you mentioned in your post because we all reason differently in some situation at times.

I totally agree with most people on the idea the laptops are gifts and shouldn't be monitored.

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Just think about it.... Bat can now learn to get Free web cam girls!!

5. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Wait till he latches onto Granny Cam :eek:

:laie:

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    By the way, I find that people who use the word "gifted", are usually Indian. People in North America would usually say donated or gave !

7. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I don't find that. Gifted is a very common word here in the U.S.

8. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    In my own experiences, I find that people, when exposed to a different culture, tend to pick up some of the colloquialisms of the new culture.

Some things just sound pleasing to us. :)

@dhjohns: I agree. I also think that's more mid-west or western USA. :)

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There is a nice relation to the OPs intention and the German language, lol

Gift= German word for poison/venom. Gifted then means -simple past- (ver)giftet.

One official German meaning for vergiften is:
    To cause harm by harmful agents, or to spoil, to make sick or unuselable or unenjoyable.

He in fact (ver)gifted(t) the device by that...:)

10. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    :laie:

ich liebe es!

So true. :thumbsup:

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Lesson for the day:
    Never accept "gifts" from Germans that you do not know!
    LOL:p

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Sorry for OT I researched a bit about the origin because I always smiled about the double meaning of 'gift'.

It originates from 'Gabe' (medical sense of administration of...) Old High German word that later became 'Gift'...

It has a relation to the English 'to give' or simple past 'gave' as R29k already mentioned but has got a 'bad taste' during time...LOL :biggrin:

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If the House of Respresntives in 1794 had chosen the German Language as national Language for America, how the world would look today? And that was only because one German abstained to vote (F. Muehlberg)!

As answer to your speech: "Never accept "gifts" from Germans that you do not know!", I would simply say: Americans go back to you own countries and give America back to it's own native people!

The simple fact is, the real Americans are just a very small minority of those claiming to be real Americans!

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Doesn't know meaning satire? Not be taken seriously:beee:
    Was only in response to Yen's reply:
    BTW: the name Keller in closely in my family tree, which means that I am of German decent

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    So, you like to teach others a lesson, but just telling it's just a satire?!

Keller by the way could be also Swiss or others who speak the german language!

And my post was just to remember that the majority of Americans simply living on 'stolen' ground, which even goes that far to restrict the real owners in their rights!

Have a good day!

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    You are correct.
    Not only Keller but Truax and Holmes too. Thus I am an Euro mongrel....aka American. The land was already stole when my great great grand daddy got here from Canada, another American thief

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I thanked JoeC for his reply. Never accept "gifts" from Germans that you do not know! Being German I find it funny.;):)
    Who ever would take Gift (poison) voluntarily? :)

It hurts when hard feelings become involved....I am here to have fun and I have it! Never thought it could lead to a 'who is a real American' controversy. lol

Nevermind!

18. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Yen: Those of us 'in the know' realize the fact that unless you're a Native American (Often called an American Indian) You are -NOT- a native here.

We (meaning our ancestors) came here in hope of a better life, free from whatever tyranny was in our respective countries of origin.

And being of Italian and German decent, I would only go back to those countries to visit, because they're beautiful places.

When will the day come when we realize that we are -ALL- brothers and sisters from one race...The Human Race.

@Pisthai: What were you thinking? :dunno:

19. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @MS_USER: It wasn't always like this. And I do miss the days when Craftsmanship, honor and integrity meant something.

Oh, and I'd name Him Sam. :D