General Phoenix BIOS modding question (Medion Akoya E5411)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by robby2k9, Jul 20, 2010.

1. robby2k9

robby2k9 MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2008
    I have read several posts that say you can't use a backup of a Phoenix bios to do a SLIC mod, which is a problem for Medion owners as Medion hardly ever post BIOS files.
    My question is: does this only apply to a BIOS with no slic, mine already has SLIC 2.0 so can it be modded to 2.1 from a backup.
    If not then would a backup of a BIOS from a machine with a SLIC 2.1 BIOS load onto my earlier version of the same model.
    I ask as I have an Akoya E5411 (MD97099) which came with VISTA & has SLIC 2.0, but the current version of the E5411 (MD97337) ships with Windows 7, so I assume it's SLIC 2.1.
    If the backup from the newer version would work then is there anyone out there who has bought an E5411 (probably from ARGOS) with Win 7 pre-installed who can send me a backup of their BIOS?

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The problem isn't to mod it. You can mod it.
    But you need additional data to flash the modded one back. This data you cannot obtain of a backuped bios, the OEM provides it with the biosupdate.

This is special at Phoenix bioses, at any other there isn't that problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...