German Government Warns Windows 8 Is an Unacceptable Security Risk

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Garbellano, Aug 22, 2013.

1. pompey

pompey MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2013
    hm.
    i see no reason for complacency here..
    contempt of us government officials will not make
    our privacy any more secure..
    i would be more comfortable with fellow members`
    thoughts on how to counter such things..

2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Normal Germans - sure,after all,some people still remember the dark days of Gestapo and Stazi. I just linked that article to point out that unfortunately every government is taking part in domestic surveillance programs that are borderline illegal (In fact,I'm pretty certain the Germans were even connected to the NSA's surveillance programs through data-sharing),so warning about a certain OS (though my german's very rusty,I don't think they were actually saying 8's an unacceptable risk) or program strikes me as a bit... weird ;)

4. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Yen, you are 150% correct. It started with G Bell and the telephone invention...............then Berkeley University TCP/IP.........DoD...........INTEL - MOTOROLA - Windows, APPLE OS's,etc,etc........the whole of the internet, software and hardware, in its majority is not Russian, Polish und Deutscher, mein Herr. Keine parolen.............................

5. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    #26 M0rriss0n, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  7. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Touché
    For the people who just surf and use email you are correct, and these are billions.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    'Ordinary' gamers also. Unfortunately one almost has to be a kinda expert to have own privacy / security....

When some friends are calling me saying they have a 'computer problem' and I have a look what's on their PC and how they have used it...OMG.....no wonder that doesn't 'work' anymore and is full of bloatware and malware....

What's real bad, they are not aware of the entire problem....they cannot since they don't know about. They are using that what is already INSTALLED and they are using anything at default settings, trusting that it would be anything OK. But it isn't!!!