Going to buy a Huawei... Good move?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Coastal Jay, Sep 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I am afraid then I wouldn't have a phone. It's also the other way around. They have apps out of the box I do not want.

Each phone comes with pre-installed system apps (stupid Samsung apps or others) I do not use and they have online access. Sys apps cannot be uninstalled without root.
    You either root it and remove them, disable them (and hope they are quiet) or you block them by firewall. The latter is possible with a no-root firewall, but wasn't before.

It's about to be satisfied with the modifications done, whatever they are. And it's about to get more out of the stock version.
    The major reason why I have rooted their stock Android is to run viper4android. Since Magisk is able to apply root and I can have it still certified by google playstore it is the option for me.
    It also passes SafetyNet.

I do compare devices and when it comes to hardware Samsung is (unfortunately) very good all the time.
    But what I don't is to buy a new phone every year. I am happy with my S6 edge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Yes Samsung has excellent hardware their software is a huge turn off though.
    Disabling what you don't want is fine, I find in stock you can uninstall what you don't want. The only thing I ran into that doesn't let you do anything to it without root was the radio.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Bought a Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
    Two day battery life on medium usage from banggood.

Android P in November and it is part of project Treble.