Got bit rather late by the failed BIE KMS thing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by GDVX, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDVX

GDVX MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2014
    #1 GDVX, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Enterprise 7 BIE x86 (not sure which exact one -- N ? E ? or ___ ?)
    It suddenly had a blackened desktop, with the 'Not Genuine' message appearing at bottom right.
    I believe I may have seen an error message pertaining to the KMS server no longer being reachable (?) Otherwise, this may have been triggered by having to replace a dead CMOS battery and re-input the CMOS data . . . or simply the passage of a certain period of time ?
    This is not a particularly recent computer, so I don't think a Win S/N (or Reg. _whatever_) entered into the BIOS could be involved. I think there may also have been some error message about reaching the max. # of re-arms, in the course of trying the BIE-provided remedial files ? There is a vast amount of apps and other custom stuff installed into this rig, so I'm hoping for a way to salvage this situation and not lose anything.

I began with this MDL thread:

25802-BIE-KMS-crack-no-longer-works

moving on to:

19404-Not-genuine-after-KB971033-update-Read-this!

and others, but I'm confused. (I'm nearly certain that I avoided that KB like the plague, so the above thread may not apply.)

I have downloaded AfterBurner, Cody's MS Toolkit, and various other items. But which one -- if any -- is most likely to lead to success, with the least chance of going off of a cliff ? And how should I use it ?

In retrospect, it is looking like having gone with that BIE version was a horrible mistake. If there was some reliable way of transferring everything, in one clean shot (like Laplink PC Mover or certain other apps claimed to be able to do), I would even consider that. Non-BIE Ultimate has been trouble-free.

Your help would be much appreciated.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Is that Win 7 Ultimate we're talking about here ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eydee

eydee Guest

Just run Cody's MS Toolkit, go to the activation tab and click ez-activator. Done, reboot. You can install EVERY update freely, there is nothing you have to avoid. (That was only the case with those old activation methods.)

4. GDVX

GDVX MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2014
    No, I have both -- but on different computers. The case in question involves the BIE Enterprise x86. The Ultimate is x64, not from BIE, and has no issues I'm aware of.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    BIE Enterprise x86 is modified ISO and not supported on MDL.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Yes, one of the most important thing is to start with a original ISO. (Original hash).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...