has our world changed, after snowden?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nodnar, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #22 Skaendo, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011

4. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Honestly, this stuff not only affects the US, but the whole world as the US government seems to be hell-bent on world (information) domination. President Hussein here was appalled that other nations like China and Israel have spy networks that spy on us. What a joke (he is).

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    maybe, just maybe, my thoughts after snowdon got a fatalistic twist. i graduated from all the sopa etc sh*t to an attitude that i have got nothing to hide, to an attitude but wtf, if we are not carefull they will be all over the www.. and on a good day, i decided that enough is enough. there is a limit to tolerance.. so my tolerance by now simply is below zero.

6. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #26 Skaendo, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    I was like that too. First I was ignorant, second I was the "nothing to hide" (then I found out that that was ingrained in Hitlers playbook), now I'm at hell no I'm not telling you anything, and I'm going to make it as hard as possible for you to find anything out about me. Although this "screen name" (Skaendo) that I have here I've had since the mid 90's, is not very "hidden" and can find it in a lot of places.

One example is that if I ever need to visit a .gov website, I fire up Tails/Tor.

7. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #27 Skaendo, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    And the S41T keep getting deeper, get out the rubbers people.

FBI Uncovers Another Of Its Own Plots, Senator Feinstein Responds By Saying We Should Censor The Internet

Google Settles With Class for $8.5 Million

I think that there is a big problem with cases similar to the Google one. Companies don't care if they get sued and have to pay afterwards because in the end they are still ahead. Example: If they make $100M, it's no skin off their sack to pay out $8.5M. Something needs to change with this. Somehow the accountability needs to equal the profit.

8. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #28 Skaendo, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    False Flag attempt by US agencies:

How the U.S. thinks Russians hacked the White House

"Net Neutrality" is now not going to be enough in the eyes of those who favor it. Feinstein wants to censor the internet and this is how she is getting it done. We need to fire the entire government and start over with people who do not have big corporations and globalists in their pocket.

IMO.

NYCLU releases details of EC Sheriff's cell phone spying

*Note: I didn't mean to take over your thread like I have nodnar, but I see this crap everyday and I think that it is notable to point these things out. If people would wake up and see the signs, the world will start getting better, and we can get rid of the globalists trying to eliminate humankind.

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i am okay with that, my friend, it is good to see i am not the only one who
    started to use his head.:)

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Has our world changed after Snowden?

‘Our world’ actually not. He just confirmed what one who goes through it with open eyes already knew…..
    One’s own world might have changed due to the awareness Snowden created.

The US government is known to enforce own interests by disrespecting other countries’ sovereignty. Any means are right…wars also.

It is not a coincidence why they have ‘enemies’ and issues with Muslims. It‘s due to their aggressive behavior as an imperialist who is always interfering anywhere…as world police
    In this regard nobody is worse. Nobody for instance requests takedown of contents from privately owned sites which are located at other sovereign countries and enforces them with anti-democratic (dictatorial) measures.

But I actually do not blame the US government therefore. I blame the EU still cooperating with them as friends making concessions such as the DMCA and market conditions so they can enforce their power without the local process of law…

This is no personal addressing of people, though. :hug2:

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    In the end, it all comes down to money, power, and control. The ones with money have the power to control the lives of the ones who don't. And the best way to control another is to snoop into their private lives, in the hopes of finding something that can be used for leverage.

So how do we change things for the better, without toppling an infrastructure that kind-of works albeit quirky, and underhanded? And where do we start? Do we start with how we eat? The act of farming and growing food is toxic to our waterways. The fuel that we use to heat our homes and power our vehicles is toxic. We consume technology with a voracious appetite, leaving waste everywhere, some of which will never biodegrade.

Humans are dirty, toxic animals. For all our lofty spiritual aspirations, we care very little for each other, and we care less for the environment in which we live. And we never learn. As a species, we're doomed to repeat our mistakes.

How can we possibly fix this without working together as a planet? No one country / province can do it alone. And it's not the fault of any one country. We are all responsible. Our ideals force the hands of others, whose ideals clash with our own.

But, if We try to work together, there are those who will scream "new world order" and throw the old party line, coupled with every conspiracy theory imaginable if the faces of all parties involved. "Don't trust those filthy ___ (Insert your country here) ! They don't know what's best for our people!"

Personally, I'm sick and tired of hearing the same old mantra by the parties in power. It saddens me and disgusts me at the same time.

But what can I do about it? What can We do about it?

:MJ

12. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    This dirty old toxic walrus was not thinking in terms of solutions, except mb in personal terms...
    I have put all thoughts of improving the world firmly out of my mind. It is like trying to improve the weather..
    The rain will hit you anyway, even if you know the weather forecast..
    And to point at NSA, , Europe, DMCA, or at huge [US-] corporations, as Yen just did, is all very well, they are toxic
    enough, und unhindered by any consisiderations about toxic fellow humans, or democraty. But I live in envoronment,
    that I once thought good enough. Once you find that it has changed for the worse, it is time to get an umbrella..

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I see it similar to nodnar, but have other 'surroundings'...it is a general disease of human.

But what can I do about it? What can We do about it?

In short: Nothing. No action will lead to the better. Actions who are related on past pattern of thoughts are toxigenic. Means they have their cause to be toxic always inside (misidentification, being identified with things and the resulting greed for power/force).

The process of awakening (resolving) is no intellectual process, no process of thinking. It's about grace. The belief it is an intellectual process to find a solution is an ego illusion as well, hence it could repeat in history again and again and is stuck in a loop.

When will be humankind 'educated' / mature enough? Is the wrong question.... When will 'individuals' become sane and hence the world is the right.

To recognize that ego is used as a poor replacement of real being.
    Most humans are not really aware of being, hence they accumulate things as replacement of it things=capital=power=force…so it is not unusual to treat humans like objects.
    It is not unusual to confuse amount with being.

Again: But what can I do about it? What can We do about it?

To smile. To speak things out without to become ego involved = keeping them alive. :)
    To forgive those who are not yet aware of it...ego is actually nothing personal, it is a misidentification.

14. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Yen: And to love. Love one another, love yourself. We need to realize that people are -always- more important than things.
    Lives are irreplaceable; Material things can always be recollected.

I read an interesting interview with snowden, where He puts things into perspective.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/06/john-oliver-snowden-interview/

Nothing is private anymore...That's the reality.

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Oh yes. :biggrin:

The love in Snowden so to say made him to uncover the things.

16. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #36 Skaendo, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Smart Meters: Enforcement Of Mandatory Water Restrictions Is Only Just The Beginning

"MSM banned me, MSNBC gagged me for years over Iraq”- Jesse Ventura (YouTube)

YouTube Removes Rand Paul Presidential Announcement? (I can't explain this one, Due to Copyright?)

Russia Didn’t Carry Out White House Computer Hack, Peskov Says

Police State Rising:

Over 100 People Were Killed by Police in March. Have Police Gotten the Post-Ferguson Memo Yet?

Utah city threatens fines over kids' cardboard castle, calling it ‘junk’

What we (Americans) can do is get rid of corporate funding for political elections. Fire the "elected" officials that are in the pockets of corporations and globalists. Fire those that are trying to destroy our Constitution, and take away our freedom. Vote with your dollars by not buying genetically modified food "products", this is working, look at Monsanto and how they are losing money left and right, McDonalds is losing money, Coke, General Mills etc. etc. We can take back the power.

Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.

-Thomas Jefferson

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable.

-H. L. Mencken

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

-George Washington

Facebook Biometric Snooping Called Illegal

17. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    This article is old, but it's a shining example of how We must start acting.
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2010/06/haitian-farmers-burn-monsanto-hybrid-seeds/#.VSVOzJ3D_mg

The Haitians believe (as We all should) that seeds are sacred, and they are a gift of bounty. What horrifies me is the chemicals that the seeds were sprayed with.

Even burning them was potentially toxic to the people around the fires. :eek:

I'm noticing more food products that do not have high fructose corn syrup. I buy only these products. Type II diabetes is a major killer in the USA.

Obesity = Death.

-and-

Fast food = Obesity

-therefore-

Fast food = Death

18. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
  19. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
  20. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i like the way it going in thread;
    could not agree more with what skaendo said,
    one quote i missed in them all was the German general`s von Hindenburgs`,
    the greatest threat to the German army is the the stupid, but overzealous
    staff officer..
    it is my impession that the large corporations and overpowerful states
    are filled to the brim with such guys..
    but to take action? , oh yes, we can vote with our feet, or dollars or euro`s..
    i remember this black march, long ago, back in SOPA days.. to buy nothing
    from them. greatest idea ever... it may be april by now, but it is still black march for me..