has our world changed, after snowden?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nodnar, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #41 Skaendo, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    okay, 9 posts within one day.. if it was no, it hasn`t, it
    would be an answer of sorts to the original thread,
    as it is it is just embarrassing..
    i hate oneliners, btw, sunnyn71, they are not very
    illuminating, you know..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Wait, what? Did I miss something here?

4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    a member, who thought fit to make 21 posts, most of them oneliners, maybe.
    but the problem has since been solved.. :biggrin:

5. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #45 Skaendo, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  6. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #46 Skaendo, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
  8. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #48 Skaendo, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    One cannot trust encryption which comes from an US company. (is implemented in the OS)
    I expect from encryption that nobody but the ones who I have classified as trusted can decrypt, means I create the key pairs and I administrate them.

Thank god there are 3rd party solutions...there must be a way/the right to keep data hidden from govt/authorities. Just the same right they claim for their own...
    Besides of that why should the US authorities like FBI/NSA be able to read encrypted data of citizens from different countries?!? They should keep their mouths shut!!!!

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Yen: The answer to that is simple: It's because we have meddled and interfered in the policies of so many countries (In the name of democracy / capitalism) that we are paranoid as to who our enemies are,
    and what they're doing.

Control = power. To control others (or to give the illusion of being in control of others) is the easiest way to keep the masses in line.

:MJ

11. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #51 Skaendo, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I know MJ. :)
    I can see through this, I have tried to find a general mechanism.....and I came to this....

.........the issue is (collective)ego related. 9/11 must have created a psychoses.
    And this ego does it all to survive....and always feels incomplete, vulnerable. It justifies its means by spreading fear....

But what's a shame is that the so propagated Christian values are not lived. What about to forgive? What about to trust others?
    Snowden has created awareness by uncovering the actions of ego of authorities.

13. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #53 Skaendo, Apr 15, 2015
    And yet they want to persecute Snowden, while Hitlary can wipe personal servers clean, ignore congress and face federal charges, all while campaigning to run for POTUS. Our system as it stands is a joke. We need to get rid of these globalist elite wannabes and restore our countrys power to the people.

Not to mention obama destroying our country.

eg.
    1. Relations with Cuba. He takes Cuba off the "Terror Sponsor List" and 1 day later FARC Terrorists (Supported by Cuba) kill 10 Colombian soldiers. Here.

2. ISIS (IS, ISIL whatever) is not considered a threat to the US, "right-wing extremists" are, while ISIS has camps 8 miles south of Texas in Mexico. Here.

3. The TSA continues to operate unlawful search and seizure operations at airports, when they haven't stopped a single terrorist. They actually let one go right through in the "Pre-screened" program. Here.

4. DHS & ICE release hundreds of illegal aliens that are MURDERERS, RAPISTS, and CRIMINALS. Here.

5. Criminal illegal alien was deported 20 TIMES, leads Arizona police on wild chace. Here.

I can keep going, but it's making me mad right now.

PS: 9/11 was a government orchestrated false flag.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The ego in us reacts on other egos and they keep them each other alive....

I could now be upset and emotionally bad, indignant and agitated because of the NSA, authorities and the like....BUT that would make me even more unaware and blind and finally I would not be 'different' to 'them'....ego=ego

I consider this as a own challenge and I go for it to grow generally in life, to stay aware.... and not to react blindly....:)and sometimes I fail....insulting others like US companies and authorities :biggrin:..lol.

The 'place' to work on it is always oneself....'the others' need to go their own way.

To speak out loud what is wrong without to become ego involved is the real challenge. Snowden is a good example. :worthy:

15. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #55 Skaendo, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    While I generally agree with you Yen, I believe that just sitting back and letting "the others" go their own way has been going on too long. That is what got us where we are today.

I do agree that it should not be approached "blindly". But the evidence is mounting on a daily basis and is not going to get better unless something happens.

Congress has now compared bloggers and alternative news media like Drudge Report, RT, Daily Mail to ISIS.

The government is militarizing our police, which looks to me like a preparation for martial law.

They are targeting Veterans, who served our country and labeling them a domestic threat, and forcefully taking their guns without warrant, suspicion, or trial.

Militia groups are being targeted and labeled as domestic threats (our country would not have survived the British without them (no offense to the Brits)).

They are constantly attacking and dismantling our Constitution (Free Speech, Gun Rights, Privacy, Illegal search and seizure, property/money forfeiture without suspicion, charges, trial).

While every other nation around the world clamps down on illegal immigration we are opening our borders and destroying our economy and job market.

Allowing ISIS to set up camps in our borders and right outside of them.

Snowden has done us all a favor by exposing what he has. I do not like what the NSA is doing. They are functioning as an illegal, unconstitutional terrorist organization collecting EVERYONES digital communications, including this post, recording every phone conversation, every text message every picture, video feeds around the world.

Why else would they need a 1.5 million square foot, 1.5 billion dollar (+2 billion for hardware/software) data center in Utah?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

Now in order to justify that massive spy complex, expect another 9/11 magnitude incident, because their budget is set to expire. The exact same reason why 9/11 & sandy hook happened.

With that huge complex the NSA has found approximately 2 terrorists. What a great deal.

Just to add insult to injury, Hitlary Clinton takes campaign donations from foreign governments for her presidential bid. WTF is that all about? How can that be legal, or even ethical?

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You're completely right.
    Not to lay back! To speak out loud what's wrong. But always reflecting oneself, keeping emotions based on blind reactions out. To keep clear awareness of things. One can change things without to become much ego involved.

I am grateful that we can exchange thoughts also from people of different countries, it makes up one's mind. And I am grateful to have the possibility to talk about such matters.:)

17. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #57 Skaendo, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  18. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #58 Skaendo, Apr 17, 2015
  19. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #59 Skaendo, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  20. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    i guess that there just too much poison about, skaendo.. and maybe snowdon is just the tip
    of the iceberg.. what i try to avoid, personally, is to let the mountain of sh*t spoil my temper..
    we just need to get to grips with what it all means to an open and free internet, imho. and maybe, just maybe,
    find some tools to that end.. we may not have the vast recources that nsa and the corporations have, but we have
    got a spirit of freedom! :) that is worth twice of what they have got. just my 2 cents.