Help with the motherboard for windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by soamz, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I am confused..doesn't OP use LGA2011? The posted Asus board @Hadron and this Intel have got an LGA1155....:confused:
    So both suggested wouldn't fit.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011

Im going to bangkok this week.
    Shall I carry it with me and they can fix it same day and give it to me ?

Do you know any good stores ?

4. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011

Again heart broken :(

Dear Yen, what do you suggest then ?
    what do I search for ?

5. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

it wont half make your eyes water :laie:

6. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Its running fine on windows 10 though.

Do you mean, I shall better install windows 8 again and test for few days first ?

7. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sorry ?? Did not get you.

8. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

bang cock :rolleyes:

9. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @soamz: Neither did I. :dunno:

10. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

:( oh well, vodka razor blades and bathtub i reckon

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There 2 very big IT Centers in Bangkok:
    1. Zer Rangsit, not far from Don Muang Intl. Airport, it's the biggest one with more than 10 MB Repair Shops
    2. Pantip Plaza at Petchburi Road, Pathumwan, with also more than 10 shops specialized in MB Repair.

And there still some more.

Mainly they could do the job (if possible) within 2-3hours.

If you already go to Bangkok, why not give that a try? You may could save quite a bit of time (and money)!

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I've seen video cards fail before the mobo does, As suggested, get it checked out by someone who knows about computers first. Pity to replace the board when it could be just a bad/overheating video card

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I think (due to my little own experiences building PCs at home) it's not an overheating problem since the PC restarts every 1-2 hours. If it would be the restarting cycles would get shorter.
    You should check the fans/case for dust and if they are still all spinning, though.

The tricky thing here is that the issue occurs always after a particular period of time which means it would be hard to spot even for a pro except one of the 'parts' like a bad capacitor can be seen optically to check.

OP can go to a repair shop and try, though. And if they cannot find anything they could make a proper suggestion how to go on or maybe offer a replacement board.....

If it's not much efforts to try w8 with (more) compatible drivers would be an alternative although I also think it is the board...

14. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    pisthai has the right idea. If you're planning a trip to Thailand, then bring the MoBo with you and visit a repair shop over there.

If they fix it, and you bring it back, only to find the problem still exists, then consider purchasing a new power supply.
    That would be the least expensive route. Get a power supply with a higher power rating than the one that you have.

If the power supply does not fix it, then consider doing what Joe C said and replace the graphics card. If it's an onboard graphics card, then see if you can disable it and plug an external card in.

If not, you will need to replace the MoBo. While you're in Thailand, see if the techs there can recommend a replacement MoBo for you.

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    From what I see, the Asus 9X79 pro motherboard does not have on board video, so the OP must be using a pci-e graphics card

16. SLICuser

SLICuser MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2009
    Your screen shot shows an over heated CPU. You should be running at about 30c at idle not 50c.

I had the same issue with my laptop. Windows 10 does not support the Intel power management with out UEFI enabled and a >2 year old unit will not have the UEFI ACPI vectors needed to work anyway.

My laptop (HP ENVY I7 3280qm) after upgrading to 10 took about 20 minutes to boot and that is with three Samsung 840s. The CPU regularly would hit the 105C and reboot under 10. Before the BIOS / OS hand off the CPU hit threshold and enters Intel thermal halt state unlike 7, 10 waits about 30 seconds each time before re-engaging the CPU.

Install a program that can log your thermals. Ill bet you hit thresh-hold all the time.

17. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011

Thanks man.
    Do you have the direct contact numbers of the ninjas there ?

I know Pantip Plaza and I get lost there, as its too big.

And do I need to carry mobo with processor and RAM as well ?

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There a lot changes at Pantip because of renovation. Best is on the 4.floor. But ground floor in the back has several too.

Just at Zer Rangsit you'll have a lot more choices, to be honest. On the first floor, near to NPE (NattaPong Electronic) is one service company which has all spare parts (the biggest assortment from all) and they are well equipped with the needed tools as well.

Zer Rangsit is easy to find, all Taxi know them. It's also the old Asia Airport Hotel and located at Phahon Yothin Road between Soi 74 and Soi 80

Don't need CPU and RAM (if they still working!)!