[HOW TO] Change your Windows 8 Bootlogo

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Krutonium, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Krutonium

Krutonium MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2013
  2. Krutonium

Aug 27, 2013
    Also, he did the same thing as me when it came to setting testmode, and fakesigning. The difference is he patched files that are part of the bootloader to enable testmode without the watermark, which I did not feel safe doing.

ALSO:

Application got some work done.

3. Krutonium

Aug 27, 2013
    Does anyone have any requests for images?

4. Malgarroth

Malgarroth MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Blue Razer logo! :p

(Pretty please?)

5. Krutonium

Aug 27, 2013
  6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    can anyone get me a Windows 8.1 RTM bootres.dll with HP Logo inserted. also I need the Windows 8.1 RTM bootres.dll with Windows 8.1 Preview Beta Fish Logo inserted.

7. Malgarroth

Malgarroth MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
  8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Thanks for HP logo and for Windows 8.1 Preview Beta Fish Logo, well I don't have the preview ISO now, so please can you upload it.

9. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  10. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    #32 greyaburton, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    hi.i tried 7zip and win rar but it wont let me open it.first i tried right from the disc,then i copied to a drive and still wouldnt open.?i am downloading the iso again and will try it that way and if i get it will check back to see if anyone else has gotten it for you.sorry ive tried that and stil wont let me open it.

11. sharpmonte

sharpmonte MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2013
    I am working on a mutli-OS machine and have customized the Grub & Ubuntu splash screens with Star Wars themes. Would you be able to create a "Darth Vader" bootres.dll?

12. giovahkiin

giovahkiin MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2013
    I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64 and whenever I run the "signer" programme it gives me a dialogue box telling me to insert a smart card. Unfortunately, this means that I can't even sign the image identifier, let alone the final custom bootlogo I'll make. Any way to get past this?

Smart Card Device.PNG

13. lilito99

lilito99 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    Krutonium you rule....

I have a couple of Anonymous pics i'd like to use as a boot logo, would u be able to help me too ???

Tnx so much anyway !

14. lilito99

lilito99 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    Hi everybody,

First of all tnx everybody for sharing knowledge and having patience.

About patience, i am starting loosing my hair (pubic hair included i think :biggrin:)

On a serious note, should say "from a philosophical approach", I understand the "signing concept", a customized certificate so that windows thinks that the modified dll is its own blood and still use it the way it's supposed to.

My problem: re-compiling the dll, the "restorator"... The torrrent link on our favorite website (Jack Sparrow's boat) is dead and can't find a free version...

I wish i had more knowledge but i'm from the tutorial's generation used to google and learn and make, but this time i suck big times...

If somebody has good knowledge and some time to kill, plz let me know if u can customize the following pics to bootres.dll

Ano logo.jpg Ano voice.jpg Anony.jpg Ano mask.jpg

Again tnx to u all

Attached Files:

15. bonyjose

bonyjose MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    damn it messed up,i dont have a boot logo now,anyway i can fix it ?

16. tetn

tetn MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    Hi Krutonium,

First of all: thanks for doing this. I've been trying to change the hideous Acer boot logo from my win8 tablet for quite a while now and this seems to be a great way to do it.

However, is there a way around the 'testsigning' part? The reason I ask is because my tablet won't allow me doing the command due to some Secure Boot Policy thing. I've been looking around for ways to turn that off, but here's the rub: the secure boot policy seems to be hardwired into the UEFI (there is absolutely no way to change anything other than the boot device priority in it). To make matters worse, turning on the option to boot via Legacy BIOS (which disables the secure boot policy) renders the tablet useless (gives me a 'no boot device found' error until i change back to UEFI).

So I'm kinda stuck here and I can't even test your bootres.dll to check the images.

Is there any kind soul here who has an idea how to work around the testsigning command (or the secure boot policy)?

17. dark9k

dark9k MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2010
    #39 dark9k, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    my english is not good .. I think I know how to custom bootres.dll
    . same resolution image --> oke.I changed the resolution of the image, the virtual test successfully on the machine :) but it is notwork real machine :). I think winlogo selected by resolution of the screen :)

18. lilito99

lilito99 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    Hi guys,:D

Managed to go all the way, to resize my winlogo pics and stuff.

First problem, my initial bootres.dll is like 8Kb, when reziped with 7z and restored through restorator the new dll is 544Kb

Second problem, I can't manage to get this signer to work !!!! Not easy in the beginning u need to know how to force signer to go to a specific address (ur forlder) and then type the command signer/ sign etc....

But it doesn't work !!! So much time wasted and so much frustration !!! I need to torture a cat..

If someone knows what to do or can sign winlogo pics please help me I did 99% of the job an can also share for signer and restorator if u need a jack sparrow version, and and and SO PLEASE help, i've been very proactive and asking help because i can't go any further, stuck just at the door F';'.'!@ing HELL !!!