How to Make a Activated Windows 8.1 Pro WMC ISO With .Net 3.5 Framework Integrated

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MSMG, Sep 2, 2013.

1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    This method is to make a Activated Windows 8.1 Pro WMC ISO With .Net 3.5 Framework Integrated. You need Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Activated "data.dat" and "tokens.dat" files. This method does not require phone activation.

Did you used the correct data.dat and tokens.dat files.

2. Baghi

Baghi MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2013
    I used said files of my activated Windows 8 Pro w/ MC (activated by usual Windows 8 method, KMS + free WMC key + phone activation).

Thanks! I'll look into it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    No Windows 8 Pro with Media Center Activated files won't work. if you use the so called data files which are forbidden to share here, then you need to make phone activation once and the you can use the newly generated activation files for your system and can make your our own activated ISO using my tutorial. Then each time when you re-install the os you don't need to do the phone activation.

4. Dos_Probie

Dos_Probie MDL Senior Member

Jul 18, 2012
  5. eodille

eodille MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    Hi,

I followed instructions and everything went fine until the DISM /Set-ProductKey command which returned me an invalid file descriptor error.

Once ISO image created, when launching the setup, it said me key could not be validated.

Did anyone got this issue ?

6. Baghi

Baghi MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Just tried your suggested method, took just two attempts and my 8.1 VM is fully activated now. Should I enable auto updates yet? And thanks a bunch!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I get key has exceeded it's unlock limit. It is my own WMC key that I used a few days ago.
    Does this mean my ISO works? Except I already activated it Staurday.
    VMC.jpg

8. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    If you activate on Machine #1 with you're WMC key then make a Windows 8.1 Pro with MCE .ISO (like this topic is about) then that can only be used to activate Machine #1.

If you have another machine (lets call it machine #2) then use the same iso you made for machine #1 it will install fine but won't activate when you reach the desktop. When trying to activate Machine #2 you will just get a message saying the key is being used on another PC.

You can bypass this by the phone activation but then machine #1 would become unactivated at some point and machine #2 will stay activated.

You would need 2 different WMC keys for 2 different machines.

You can make 1 ISO though and that machine #2 you can just change key after install to a different wmc one and phone activate this would keep machine #1 activated and activate machine #2 also.

The rule is 1 key to 1 machine unless it is a MAK key or activated via KMS.

9. Dos_Probie

Dos_Probie MDL Senior Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I had the same issue with my key until I did a offline activation and then it worked..

10. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I just used a WMC key that I found on the net and it activated.
    WMC A.jpg

11. 3zero3

3zero3 MDL Senior Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #92 3zero3, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  12. eodille

eodille MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    I want to add that all the creation process goes fine but when i run the installer from within the OS, installer says my key cannot be validated :(

13. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I get that too. I kept thinking I made it wrong.
    Just run setup from the /sources folder

14. MrAnalysis

Aug 4, 2012
    Yep ofc it will work same with retails keys. Get a random one and phone activate.. Issue is microsoft can tell the key is being used on more than one machine. Although you are active now as soon as the next person who finds that key use's it and you do an update (or whatever) you will be unactivated. This will happen 100% very soon to you might be a month might be less or even if lucky when w8.1 really does hit offical release.

Even the MAK keys that can be activated on many machines at once get blacklisted and will knock you offline at some point.

15. Baghi

Baghi MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Will this happen even if you've your OWN Madia Center upgrade promotional key? Just curious because we install MCE keys on a machine which is activated using some random RETAIL key from the internet.

16. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    It was just a test. It activated online. I thought that if this key was used, I would have got an error. It was a big list of keys.
    I have my own keys to use when needed.

17. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
    so many questions and answers from page one.
    dos the method work.... if i follow it to the letter??

18. MrAnalysis

Aug 4, 2012
    If you have a Valid WMC key it will work. By a valid key, I mean one that you can upgrade normal windows 8 to windows 8 with WMC.This key must be your own key and not in use on another machine, you should have that key for you only and that 1 machine only.

If you have the above then you can follow this method to make an activated Windows 8.1 With WMC install disk that will make you activated upon install.

However to get that data.dat and tokens.dat you would need to actually install windows 8.1 retail (then activate it) and upgrade it to WMC with your free key to get the 2 files. After that make this ISO as said here and you are ok.

Finding any old key online won't do. Trying to use a none WMC key also won't work if making a WMC ISO.

So yes this does work providing you have data.dat and tokens.dat from the machine you want the ISO made for. (so already installed with 8.1 with WMC activated) and a valid key.