[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    If you extract OfficeRTool-7z archive to a path named C:\OfficeRTool then Conversion and
    activation is running from there. Nothing must be copied to another location.
    I still suggest to use MSFixIt-Tool in such "strange" cases.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WHITE/Q0DE

WHITE/Q0DE MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2018
    bro I used that tool. I did all the steps mentioned. I am back to where I was sadly. The conversion is a problem as the moment I click on 'C' it converts. But nothing happens in real.

Now it says: All ok. No conversion or clean up required. Exiting.

The moment I click Activate using Internal KMS Server (1), it pops an error saying:

Windows cannot find 'C:\users\MyName\FolderName'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.' I have no clue why this is happening.

3. Zopeman

Zopeman MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2016
    @Ratlefatz - Many thanks - followed your instructions above and indeed, issue now 100% resolved. Splash screens and Morph back again :)

4. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    Manually clean licenses/keys:
    Goto folder "\OfficeRTool\OfficeFixes\win_x64" or "...\win_x32" and run "cleanospp.exe"
    as administrator. This will clean all licenses and keys.
    When finished, start OfficeRTool and redo (C) CONVERT OFFICE RETAIL TO VOLUME,
    followed by KMS activation.
    No clue either, sorry. I don't want to know your username,
    but what 'Foldername' is your system complaining about?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    @WHITE/Q0DE

try to run the tool from simple short path, e.g. C:\OfficeRTool
    likewise KMS-VL-ALL

6. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #2606 ratzlefatz, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    A new OfficeRTool version (2018/July/28) was released today

Function "(I) INSTALL OFFICE SUITES OR SINGLE APPS"
    -Bugfix-
    Corrected generation of %TEMP% variable in start_setup.cmd (reported by devloz1996)

-Change-
    "OfficeRTool.cmd" and template file "start_setup.cmd" changed to be better portable.
    This requires file "package.info" which is automatically generated in download-folder
    when downloaded with OfficeRTool.

No other changes were made.

Download-links and checksums in OP were updated.

7. Winclub.pl

Winclub.pl MDL Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I found a small error:
    If you change the name of the directory with the downloaded name and it does not have a number at the beginning, the script will not detect this directory. Earlier, I remember that it detected the directory.

8. WHITE/Q0DE

WHITE/Q0DE MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2018
    that did it!!! activated!!! thanks a bunch!!!

9. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #2609 ratzlefatz, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    I'm sorry, but you remembered wrong. Directory name always has to start with "16.0.."
    This check (line 1122) was in "OfficeRTool.cmd" script right from the beginning:
    Code:
    for /F "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir "%downpath%\" /ad /b 2^>nul ^| findstr /i "16.0"') do...

It's used to filter Office download-folders in a bunch of others and create available
    downloads-list in OfficeRTool Install-section. Or do you mean "start_setup.cmd" ?
    But "start_setup.cmd" should work in every folder, regardless the naming.

10. NDeeNA

NDeeNA MDL Novice

Jun 16, 2018
    Does any one know what the SHA-1 was for Office_2013-2016_C2R_Install_v5.9.9_ps2017 ??

11. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    @NDeeNA

why you asking in this thread?

12. Winclub.pl

Winclub.pl MDL Member

Jan 28, 2016
    No, I mean the main script. Can be done to detect a folder with a changed name that does not contain numbers? - of course, after entering the path to the folder with the new name

13. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    Next OfficeRTool will allow to enter a individual textpattern (not only fixed "16.0") to search for when package foldername is not found in download-directory.

14. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    A new OfficeRTool version (2018/July/29) was released today

Function "(I) INSTALL OFFICE SUITES OR SINGLE APPS"
    -Enhancement-
    Implemented simple search function in input routine for downloaded packages. (requested by Winclub-pl)
    Any string/character can be entered and this will be used to search for matching
    package folder-names. This allows you to rename the default 16.0_xxxxx.yyyyy_
    OfficeRTool foldername-structure to match your personal preferred storagename.
    Requirement: All package foldernames must be located in the download-path which
    is saved in OfficeRTool.ini.

No other changes were made.

Download-links and checksums in OP were updated.

15. Winclub.pl

Winclub.pl MDL Member

Jan 28, 2016
    #2615 Winclub.pl, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Unfortunately, the implemented function does not work at all.
    It does not look for the downloaded folder with the changed name even though it is in the download place included in the .ini file
    - and here too a small suggestion to get rid of this requirement, and make it so that the script will find the downloaded files from anywhere - if the script will not be able to detect automatically then you will just need to enter the path to the folder

Of course, we're still talking about detection under the "I" option

16. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #2616 ratzlefatz, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    And it does this only in your special environment.
    Not true. If a package folder is saved in downpath retrieved from OfficeRTool.ini
    then it is found (if it has default name beginning with/containing "16.0"). If you are
    renaming this existing folder in downpath to somewhat else, then you must change
    search filter pattern before it is shown. Choose some string or character which is
    definitely in the changed folder-name and you will see the package.
    If you always save the packages in downpath from OfficeRTool.ini then no "super-
    special-searching-AI" is necessary. And if you always rename package-folder-
    name following the same structure, then you only need to enter one short search
    filter pattern to show.

17. devloz1996

devloz1996 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2014
    Not sure if I should ask such question here, but can I KMS activate Office 365, or does it have some weird stuff behind it, that would make it difficult? Last time I tried to get 365 instead of 2016, it didn't go too well (been a while).

18. Winclub.pl

Winclub.pl MDL Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I do not know what to enter or modify.
    Anyway, the changes introduced are unintuitive, embarrassing, and that's not what I meant.
    Certainly you did not introduce anything from my suggestion, only a prosthesis from which no one but you will be able to use.

According to my proposal: the script should itself find the package with the changed name after giving it a path with a folder containing the downloaded content. - no need to modify the script from the user's side

19. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #2619 ratzlefatz, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    After you get this:
    Code:
    Download-path = "c:\test"

List of available installation packages

#   Package
    No install packages found

You press any key.
    You are not changing the script itself, but you must enter a search string here:
    Code:
    Download-path = "c:\test"

Enter search pattern or enter x to abort >test

Then you will get all packages which have "test" (non case sensitive) in their names:
    Code:
    List of available installation packages

#   Package

1   TEST#1

2   TEST-no.2

3   99Test

4   WinClub_test

Enter package number # or enter 0 for new search pattern >

For searching other package-names, just enter 0 and use another search
    pattern string (single character or single number or any 1 word combination)
    which is part of the package foldername.
    To get a little comfort, I can add "default search pattern" to OfficeRTool.ini.
    This will instantly give the package list if the folder-naming has a certain
    structure.

20. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #2620 ratzlefatz, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Retail2VL conversion tool by abbodi1406 and OfficeRTool can add KMS capabilities
    to Office 365 during conversion. Afterwards KMS activation is possible. Most Office 365
    functions (e.g. Morph in PowerPoint, Black-theme) are available. Other paid functions
    which need online sign-in using Microsoft account (such as Onedrive with 1TB space)
    may fail. Some functions (such as Insights in Excel) need a trick to get it work.