How To Use W10UI To Create Windows 10/Windows 11 ISOs With All Windows Updates Pre-Installed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KedarWolf, Jul 12, 2021.

1. swa_kildare

swa_kildare MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Yep it was the thing I did. See pic.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    Try making a folder D:\1 extract the ISO with WinRar to D:\1, then change the target to D:\1

Also try installing ADK.

3. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
    I have folders D:1 & D:2 (so maybe go for folder 3 or X? I'll grab ADK now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    Yes, folder D:/3 is fine.

Edit: Did you download the updates to your updates folder?

5. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
  6. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
    do I go with standard or is there anything extra needed? see pic

Attached Files:

7. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    #48 KedarWolf, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    (OP)
    Sorry, I forgot to tell you. You only need the Deployment Tools. :/

Edit: But usually the script not starting is it's not detecting the updates.

Try putting the updates in the script folder, the same folder the W10UI.cmd is in.

Second edit: And the below.

Code:
    :: updates location
    :: leave it blank to automatically detect the current script directory
    set "Repo="

8. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
    lol a-well it will do no harm. It's installed, do I need to do anything with the ADK? quick recap D:1-> W10UI updated, D:2-> cab & mus updates, D:3-> unzipped iso.

9. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    Edit: But usually the script not starting is it's not detecting the updates.

Try putting the updates in the script folder, the same folder the W10UI.cmd is in.

Second edit: And the below.

Code:
    set "Repo="

10. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
    Code:
    @setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion
    @set uiv=v10.7
    @echo off
    :: enable debug mode, you must also set target and repo (if updates are not beside the script)
    set _Debug=0

:: when changing below options, recommended to set the new values between = and " marks

:: target distribution, wim file or offline image
    :: leave it blank to update current online os, or automatically detect wim file next to the script
    set "Target=D:\3"

set "Repo="

:: dism.exe tool custom path (if Host OS is not Win10 and no Win10 ADK installed)
    set "DismRoot=C:\Windows\System32\dism.exe"

:: enable .NET 3.5 feature
    set Net35=1

:: optional, specify custom "folder" path for microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab
    set "Net35Source="

:: Cleanup OS images to "compress" superseded components (might take long time to complete)
    set Cleanup=1

:: Rebase OS images to "remove" superseded components (warning: break "Reset this PC" feature)
    :: require first to set Cleanup=1
    set ResetBase=1

:: update winre.wim if detected inside install.wim
    set WinRE=1

:: 1 = do not install EdgeChromium with Enablement Package or Cumulative Update
    :: 2 = alternative workaround to avoid EdgeChromium with Cumulative Update only
    set SkipEdge=1

:: optional, set directory for temporary extracted files (default is on the same drive as the script)
    set "_CabDir=W10UItemp"

:: optional, set mount directory for updating wim files (default is on the same drive as the script)
    set "MountDir=W10UImount"
    set "WinreMount=W10UImountre"

:: start the process directly once you execute the script, as long as the other options are correctly set
    set AutoStart=0

:: # Options for distribution target only #

:: convert install.wim to install.esd
    :: warning: the process will consume very high amount of CPU and RAM resources
    set wim2esd=0

:: split install.wim into multiple install.swm files
    :: note: if both options are 1, install.esd takes precedence over split install.swm
    set wim2swm=0

:: create new iso file
    :: require Win10 ADK, or place oscdimg.exe or cdimage.exe next to the script, or inside bin folder
    set ISO=1

:: folder path for iso file, leave it blank to create ISO in the script current directory
    set "ISODir="

:: delete DVD distribution folder after creating updated ISO
    set Delete_Source=0

:: ###################################################################
    Thanks for all your help so far. Does all look ok to you?

11. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    Yes, looks good. The updates are in the script folder, right?

12. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
    screenshot for better confirmation. Something is broke as it's still not working. Is there another option?
    Picture for confirmation. Still no go. Is there any other options open to me? Maybe just install & do the updates manually. More time-consuming but the same result at the end.

Attached Files:

13. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    What ISO you trying to install the updates on? Did you follow the instructions on the first page in OP?

14. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
  15. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
  16. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012
    I got it working, I went back to https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-10-hotfix-repository.57050/page-105#post-1216064 And tried to make sense of it again.
    I've read it over & over many times. From the How To... "This Line: - To restore old behavior and change options by editing the script, simply detele W10UI.ini file" Yes detele, none of us are perfect & we all make mistakes.
    As I have learnt more from you @KedarWolf I decided to delete W10UI.cmd and start again and follow @abbodi1406 instructions again.
    (In Updated ISO Requirement: - place oscdimg.exe or cdimage.exe in the same folder next to W10UI.cmd) I googled oscdimg.exe to find a location. I copy and pasted it into the folder D:1 & and edited the W10UI.ini with npp.
    When I hit 0 it jumped into life:D

This might help others if they are as clueless as me.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  18. swa_kildare

Jun 6, 2012