How would you make Daz's loader ineffective against WAT?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mydigitallifeforum, Jul 26, 2010.

1. GideonX

GideonX MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2010
    Do you believe that MS hasn't attained a copy of every revision of the loader? Do you also believe that their engineers couldn't run circles around every "tech" here, combined? If you do believe the two previous remarks, I have a bridge for sale...wanna buy it? The fact that this is developed in an open forum, and made available to anyone, makes the circumvention of this "loader" not a possibility, but almost a guarantee. We'd all be foolish to think otherwise. If it can be coded, it can be reverse engineered as well. This loader, and the other "gadgets" available here are a prime example of that fact. The experiments conducted here are done for sport; I don't think any of the code writers here think that they have the "end-all" or "be-all" of activation "solutions". They do it for the notoriety (Hey guys, look what I can do!), and to a lesser degree, the challenge. This loader, and others, enjoys popularity because of weaknesses found in the WAT technology. It's development will only serve to help MS make WAT stronger. It's like the ebb and tide of the ocean... The problem, ultimately, is that MS will answer this with a much harsher solution, and folks will complain that their "freedom" is being taken away in some way, when in actuality, it is all a result of someone trying to protect their "intellectual property". Welcome to the digital age. After all, the only use for this is to get something for nothing, am I right? If you were in MS' shoes (thinking from a business point of view), what would you do?

Enjoy this sort of thing while you can, the long term answer to this situation is much more "confining" to the end user. For now, why speculate? The game of cat and mouse endures through the ages, and knows no bounds. Have fun with it, "The game is afoot!"

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It seems that there is the need to have such a thread from time to time. I guess every year somebody starts such a thread.
    I also can’t resist to reply, so every time I do so.

You should think about:
    M$ programmers don’t need any info from here to figure how a loader works. They finally have programmed an entire OS, do you really think they could get any useful information from a thread like this? They are not that stupid.

To disable a loader you simply have to stop its approach from the very first beginning where the OSPM reads the tables. They also could strengthen the OA (SLP2.1).

But it’s not that easy and probably not wanted.
    Not easy because they would have to change specifications. Specifications are made that anybody can count on them. (Developers, OEMs…..). Genarally to change something may cause incompatibility or at least potential trouble. (With developers, with legit customers). And finally we would develop a new approach and the score would be there as it is now.

Not wanted because it’s still something for enthusiasts, not for common people and it raises the popularity of W7.

Why does somebody develop such a thing?
    Well I cannot speak for others, but for myself (biosmods).
    Primary it’s not for getting something for free. (I’m sitting in front of a legit machine).
    M$ is a huge company and it retains a lot of money. That amount of dollars is not available to the peoples. Pirating inhibits the concentration of money. How much do you think earn the big bosses of M$? Well I don’t know, but that much they cannot spend all of it again. Why that much? It’s useless when you cannot spend it again. You basically could burn it.

Not everybody of M$ is like that. Bill Gates (ex M$) is a fine man, because he spends a lot of his money for e.g. malaria research.

M$ is protecting the OS not being pirated, that’s their right to do so.
    But the price for a license is far too high. They are using their marketing monopoly to dictate it.
    There must be a way for the user to get the OS for free. Everybody can decide if he wants to use a pirated OS or to pay for.
    And it’s a lot of fun to try to understand how it works, to develop an approach and to realise it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Perhaps M$ guys could search for local cookies & history to see if ya visiting MDL phorums, which means you almost 100% use Daz's loader or any other kind of nonlegit activation :biggrin:

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    About the compressed bios thing: if it's compressed then there must be code to decompress it too. MS could make kind of an emulator to run the decompression code in. The bios hack tools can decompress it, otherwise those tools can't edit the bios. And they could say if a bios can't be decompressed then it's always legit, otherwise check for the same slic in bios as in ram to decide the legitness.
    But if they do this then it can also be bypassed by making some moddifications to the os that makes it impossible to read or decompress the rom.

Some of daz's loaders had an expremimental feature to see whether a slic comes from a loader or not, but that wasn't always correct so unusable for ms without a lot of perfection.

A database is out of the question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. GideonX

GideonX MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2010
    So, let me get this straight... You condone piracy? Vista and Windows 7 already offer a grace period, that isn't good enough?

6. gyrfalcon

gyrfalcon MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2009
    I think you'll find a number of people condone it in one regard or another.... Including Bill Gates.

7. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    NO!!! They are working at a job that does not allow open thinking and the only motivation they get is pay. The worlds pool of users here do it because they love to help and can think out of the box. If one gets tired then someone else will continue were they left off. We have the power of millions but, MS only has the power of thousands and half are just filling in space and taking orders they hate so there motivation is much much lower.

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #28 Daz, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    Different BIOS's compress it in different ways and each is coded different, this is why MS can't take that approach and are they even allowed to? That's hardware you paid for which has absolutely nothing to do with Windows.

I once had a method to try to find the difference between a BIOS and loader but if that method if used on the newest loader it doesn't work at all. In fact as of 1.9.1 it will be even harder, I just won't say how it differs though ;)

We fully expect MS to analyse each version of the loader we put out but simply put theres nothing they can do about it. It's not run from within Windows, it modifies nothing in Windows and because all it's doing is adding a SLIC to some tables that the BIOS loads into memory then theres no way to detect it. The only way to successfully block a loader or even a BIOS mod is to change the hardware licensing scheme (won't be done) or to remove both SLIC and KMS activation in future versions of Windows.

Personally I don't think there will be SLIC 2.2 in future versions of Windows, it'd be stupid for MS to support something thats so easy to exploit.

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #29 Stannieman, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    If oems continue to use bios with windows 8 computers than we probably can also use some kind of oem exploit like we're doing now. But I think if they're going to use efi then it will be a lot harder. With bios they're kind of limited to a system with only some tables like it is now with slic. With efi they can add much more sofisticated technologies to the efi program itself. Now windows just reads a table, but I think with efi they can let the os communicate with efi.

10. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    If this were their way of thinking then there wouldnt have been 2.1 either.

After all 2.0 has been exploited for years and what did they do to improve it? Practically nothing at all.

Lets face it; piracy is good for MS and they know it. The people who dont pay, be that because they dont want to or just cant afford to, are inadvertently doing so many things you cant put a price on only by using the system that they would much rather have them do that and not pay than making piracy impossible and loosing these peoples inadvertent positive contributions...

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    How could I offer biosmods and say no? I would say I tolerate it. And I guess M$ does so at biosmods.
    I do not prompt to break the law. But I think everybody is mature enough to decide about. It depends on your local law how you would get sued, this fact alone shows that the severity of piracy is different.
    To me somebody that runs a SLIC'd windows isn't a criminal. He probably spends more money for PC stuff and other software than another one.

The grace period is a fine thing, no question. I would have named it evaluation period though...to rearm more times than allowed is piracy as well?
    What is piracy? To buy a legit W7 home preinstall (officially slic'd), then install ultimate without that trial junk, because it activates as well?

About the future of SLP. IMO if that licensing model will be continued, then it will be SLP3.0. The keywords to make it stronger are digital signature of the bios / EFI.

12. dgriff20

dgriff20 MDL Junior Member

Apr 22, 2008
    I guess my approach would to sale it for $50 buckaroos! Sale it in large quantities and still make a lot of money! Less people would try to pirate the damn thing if they could afford it, Just a thought…………

13. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    MS seems to target the lowest hanging fruit with WGA/WAT. RemoveWAT type cracks are easier to detect, and the leaked Lenovo key is STILL being spread around. Even though good keys have been out for months and months.

14. 1a+

1a+ MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2010
    Nothing then the company also said it was happy to hear that people wanted to install Windows 7. Daz`s Loader is only another job of a Federal Bureau of Investigation.

15. ColdZero

ColdZero MDL Android 17

Nov 9, 2009
    Yes, thats true!... Theres always a way in! :)

16. itwaste

itwaste MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    #36 itwaste, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    You got to the core but a little more detail would be appropriate.

This is a simple, straight forward, common sense, business decision. MAINTAIN MONOPOLY AND KILL COMPETITION BY KEEPING MAXIMUM USER BASE, and consequently reap all the direct and indirect benefits. In fact, the indirect benefits are far far more than just the sale proceeds.

And what are the indirect benefits? CONTROL -- OF MARKETS, OF INFORMATION, OF EVERY ASPECT OF HUMAN LIFE -- AND BOUNDLESS REWARDS FOLLOWING THIS CONTROL. What else? You didn't hear a word from Anti-Monopoly Authorities since last two decades. Did you?

Clearly, M$ is the biggest beneficiary of these loaders and tools. Don't you think that M$ might actually be manipulating MDL and others to serve their agenda; at a dream cost of $0; by creating a [SUPERFLUOUS] win-win situation for all the parties -- another basic rule of business. They will never raise the bar too high where they start loosing their base. Stop making Anti-WAT and they will make it for you. And who knows if they are not already doing this or at least lending some help.

As far as flagging the OEM installs done by users*, it should rather be simple for the M$; no matter what technique you use, either be it a Loader or be it a BIOS Mod. You know those Machine UUIDs in the BIOS, just check for them in the M$ sales database. Ascertaining may take some time though; 30 days at the most, I guess; pending till the OEMS submit details of their pre-installs through B2B systems along with the payment.

* (Such installs are still considered illegal, inspite of the fact that every user is trapped and made to pay immensely more than the price tag)

17. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #37 blackranger, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    so...
    Daz is more powerful than M$
    i wonder how advanced the M$ programmers are.. :D
    hope M$ kids will announce sth here, perhaps "stop plz, Daz, don't get my customers...:worthy:" sth like that~

18. blued

blued MDL Junior Member

May 31, 2007
    If updated versions of WAT can read the MBR, then they may be able to thwart DAZ's loader. I say this from having erased the MBR on my machine twice and and having lost activation each time.

19. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    @blackranger:

You are kidding right? You are aware of the fact that Microsoft has written an OS? Just take a look at KPP which is absolutely no child's-party...

Sorry for sounding rude but your comment made me laugh.

20. Flex

Flex MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    This topic is dumb. Daz has put in a lot of work to create this tool. You guys should feel ashamed discussing this here. Don't you feel like a traitor? You come here and beg him for the next loader...... then in the same forum some idiot wants to make this topic. The only good thing about this topic is that is leaves the message board in a seemingly position of un bias. I think it has been discussed enough and if the mods don't lock this topic now it will only be a matter of time before it get's the big lock. As this topic will surely be going down the drain, it's just a matter of time.
    This message board is for educational purposes. To exploit what is possible and what has remained the unthinkable and impossible for the rest of the world. Enjoy it.

Flex