HOWTO activate Windows 7 with WoW7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by acerola, Jul 29, 2009.

1. giacominos

giacominos MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    It's weird I had you're same error when I forgot to change the command with the right letter

2. ryan80

ryan80 MDL Member

Apr 30, 2009
    this wow7 method does not work for my biostar ta690g.
    even though everything installed correctly including the keys and certs, there was still 30 days to activate in my system information screen.
    and upon checking using RW-everything, there is no SLIC tab.

3. Jimcando

Jimcando MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2008
  4. acerola

acerola MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    #65 acerola, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Hi guys. Some additional info:

1. WoW7 might not work on your system at all. In that case you must wait for a newer version, use bios mod or use another loder/patch.

2. Formating will remove WoW7. But you don't have to. If you use the recovery option in the install cd you can restore your boot partition. Just run uninstall.bat.

3. All the procedure must be done on the boot partition. It might be C: or it might be the reserved partition. You must find out which one. Open a cmd and run
    Code:
    dir c:\ /a-d
    If it shows the bootmgr file, that's the boot partition.

4. When you edit the .bat files, change "exit" to "pause". That way you can see the message. Otherwise the window just pop up and closes.

5. If you used another crack, activator, toolkit, etc, this procedure might not work. You might be unable to install the serial or the certificate.

6. I got the black screen with cursor blinking the first time I installed. Then I did a cold boot (turn off computer, wait some seconds, turn on) and it worked. Try that.

Hope this helps.

5. DexterDreams

DexterDreams MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Just wanted to say thanks Acerola ;)

This worked first time on my 7 Ultimate (ASUS P5N-E SLI).
    Didn't want to flash the BIOS so this was just the ticket.

Regards
    Dex

6. Jimcando

Jimcando MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2008
    Thanks acerola :D
    I'm just gonna assume it doesn't work yet on my laptop. I shall try it on my PC later, when I can be bothered upgrading to the RTM :p

7. cysm

cysm MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2007
    When I do everything correctly in the directions and boot, it says:

"Loading Windows 98........."

(blinking cursor)

Never gets past this point.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #69 Yen, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Thanks acerola for your support regarding WoW7.
    I'm soooo busy with Lenovo mods. I hope I have the time to update wow7 soon (using new grub)
    WoW7 should work at any PC that has got a SLIC2.0 already...at most of the others as well...at a few not...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. zyonee

zyonee MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Works on my Lenovo ThinkPad R60. I've flashed a modded BIOS earlier in order to make the computer agree with using non-Lenovo WiFi cards, so I don't really feel like flashing it again and perhaps ruining the BIOS.

I installed the WoW7 loader and installed the HP certificate, so far so good. When I tried installing the serial, it wasn't accepted. So what I had to do was to extract the tokens.dat and the pkeyconfig.xrm-ms from the installation (install.wim) and replace the ones in my system. Yes, I had been trying RC activators before, and that's why it wouldn't work.

So the point is, once I changed the files, the serial worked, didn't even need to reboot. However, winver.exe still showed the RC expiration date. This was solved by rebooting the machine. It's now activated as OEM-SLP with no expiration.

The OS I've tested is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The only think I wonder now is why slmgr -dlv still shows me "Windows rearm count: 3". I thought this should disappear once the OS is activated?

10. P40L0

P40L0 MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    IT WORKED.
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM Final Retail

Thanks so much ;)

11. PoleCat

PoleCat MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Awesome work, worked wonders on my laptop, but sadly not that great on my gaming rig.

It activates fine and everything but i have to wait for a very long time to boot up win 7...

on boot it get stuck on "Starting cmain()" for like 1min...

a bit annoying but guess i can live with it, but if someone knows if theres a setting in gldr or something that wow7 uses that speeds up the process, on my laptop i can hardly see this string of code appear before win 7 loads, and its way slower than my gaming rig.

would love if someone can shed som light on this, ive tryed everything :(.

12. JackB

JackB MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Does anybody know how to get the loader working with encrypted system drive ? I've installed truecrypt in MBR and with wow7 loader after i put correct password i get some "Windows 98" message, numbers like 01 02 03 etc and computer reboots. The activation however works on a decrypted system drive.

13. chrisoldinho

chrisoldinho MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2008
    didn't work on Dell Inspiron 1720, still shows as using the Dell BIOS and not the HP one, not sure what else I can try.

My BOOTMGR is on C:\
    WoW7 is located at C:\Wow7\

I ran install.bat after modifying it to point to drive C: and it gives the same message as the OP but upon reboot RW shows it's still using the same APCI, SLIC as before.

Would copying the contents of WoW7 to the root of C:\ help or must it remain in the C:\WoW7\ folder?

Thanks, Chris.

14. ashoktvm

ashoktvm MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I have a custom built PC with MSI P45 platinum/zilent mobo. but after installing Wow7, but system stuck at the starting windows screen. any help please

15. Jimcando

Jimcando MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2008
    Just tried it on my PC

Sadly, didnt work either :(
    Gonna have to hold out for another version :cool:

16. damox

damox MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    I couldnt get it to work until I changed the third line to:

I kept getting access denied errors, or when i ran with admin, gettting file not found errors, after putting R: infront of \wow7\bootsectgrldr.exe /nt60 %%X, it worked fine.

17. BlueWyrm

BlueWyrm MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #79 BlueWyrm, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    WoW seems incompatible, boot with recovery W7 DVD access wow partition and run uninstall.bat.

Btw: A biosmod will work at your board...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...