HOWTO activate Windows 7 with WoW7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by acerola, Jul 29, 2009.

1. knight2009

knight2009 MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    Did you shut it down and cold boot it ?

2. scyphus

scyphus MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Changing paths to R: for system partition didn't help.

same problem: patches fine, can't get past the windows is starting screen :/

3. jmacie

jmacie MDL Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks acerola, works great!, followed (Thanks!) Cosmo's instruction ( same mobo) wrks! Now to try a non-slic!

4. acerola

acerola MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    Is it possible that M$ will detect this? Can an update change Windows 7 so that this will not work anymore? Well, it is possible, but:

If this serial or cert gets black listed, we just install new ones that will leak in the future.

If this slic gets black listed, we just modify WoW7 and put in another slic.

Worst case scenario is if they modify windows so that it detects wow7. Then a new version os wow7 will have to be made so that windows cannot detect it.

Bottom line is that Windows 7, like Vista, is designed to accept oem/offline activation. So there will always be a way to fool it into thinking that it is running on a legit oem machine.

5. curley

curley MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Hmm dunno then m8 , i drive location wouldnt affect would it , i mean like primary , seconadry ljust an idea i dont know tbh

6. charleshu

charleshu MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    I install on a VM, and WOW works. Nice. Activated and windows update without mod bios.
    Using a dell xps M1530.

Also, if it works on VM, it will surely work if i install directly on my laptop right?

7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007

You installed a Crab on your computer?? I hope you have an AV program because crabs can really itch.

Seriously, don't bash people that do s**t for you for FREE. You are pirating an OS and you want to bitch? How about working with the people that make WOW7 and helping them improve the boot loader code instead of bitching. It's easier to bitch than it is to give constructive criticism.

8. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    i know a cure crabs a bucket of sand it don't kill them but it plunts their claws:D

9. weiky

weiky MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. TVTVTV

TVTVTV MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    The above-mentioned procedure didn't work for me. Windows would just freeze on boot. Using final RTM, Ultimate x86 on HDD0, PC built by me, no SLIC (AsRock mainboard).

11. alexander3133

alexander3133 MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Weird, I also installed in VM and used Wow, but it just does not work, any clue?

P/S: Win 7 Ultimate Retail in VMware.

12. weiky

weiky MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    reupp the cert file plz,bios have flashed yesterday but im deleted :(
    thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    thanks acerola, thank you so much!

first had some trouble with blinking cursor but after changing 3rd line in install.bat it WORKED!

thanks

14. weiky

weiky MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
  15. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I too get the following cmain msg.....

Starting cmain()... _ <last bit a blinking cursor...

Seems to take about a minute...is that a normal part of the new, altered boot process..??

Note, it's no biggie, and other than that, it seems to have worked(after I followed the instructions...)

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's a grub bootloader issue. We are using grub to launch wow7. Hope it disappears when I update to latest grub....

17. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok, thanks Yen.
    Great little thing you've done here...kudos & thanks.

18. jas0nuk

jas0nuk MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #120 jas0nuk, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009