HP Insyde BIOS recovery steps.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kallisti5, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Kevinot

Kevinot MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2018
  2. theCurseOfHackintosh

Sep 1, 2020
    #662 theCurseOfHackintosh, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Is it possible to Flash modified Bios using This Method? I have HP DV6 with I5 2410M.
    I can Flash original HP Bios using This Method, but Not Donovan6000 mod (https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...5068-donovan6000-mods-microcode-update.77793/).
    I want to modify it myself, by adding a Module to it. I can't add it to Bin file (entcrypted) to Flash with insydeflash, but i can add it to DEC file, but can't Flash the decrypted DEC file with insydeflash, and This recovery Flash gives me an error, because Signature...

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    I had to use the recovery method described on the first post here, but IIRC I wasn't able to do it from a USB stick. The USB stick was getting disconnected since the USB controller was getting reset as part of the flash process.

Just going by memory, I had to boot my original HP formatted hard drive and put the files into the hidden drive partition (should have the directory structure Hewlett-Packard/Bios/Current). Then follow the recovery process in the first post here.

If you get it to work, please let us know.