HP P5LP-LE Bios Help (newer than other threads)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by smith365, Dec 31, 2007.

1. smith365

smith365 MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2007
    #1 smith365, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2008
    Hello everyone,

I've been surfing the posts here for about 2 days now, because I didn't want to flog a dead horse by re-asking questions, but I'm having a few problems that relate to the motherboard quoted above except it's a littler newer than the boards I've seen posted around here.

My computer is an HP a6010n, with a P5LP-LE board. I was doing a bios upgrade from the file SP35104.exe which is bios version 5.21 from the hp website. It froze half way through the update so now I get the BIOS CHECK SUM ERROR at startup.

I've tried a few utilitiesm using bootable CDs since the computer doesn't have a floppy. However, none of the flash utilites seem to work. If I remember correctly, it was awdflash.exe that got the closest but it gives me an error, that of which I don't remember. Something about an incorrect bios, I believe and the rest of the tools I've used (uniflash, flashv73) either don't work at all or give me a memory allocation error.

Is there another tool I can use or another procedure I have overlook so I can get this BIOS flashed on the board?

I know for a fact that HP has their own program they use to flash the boards, but I'll be ****** if I can remember the name of it. Anyone know of it?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. smith365

smith365 MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2007
  3. scan80269

scan80269 MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2007
    Hi smith365, I have the Awdflash.exe DOS flash utility suitable for the P5LP-LE motherboard. PM me with your email address and I can send it to you.

Use the following command parameters in DOS to re-flash the BIOS:

Awdflash 521.rom /py /sn /cc

4. alexis123

alexis123 MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    hi i ve got p5lp-le motherboard i need awdflash.exe

hi can you send please awdflash.exe for p5lp-le motherboard i need it to launch it by ms dos disk thanks at advance my email alex_bogosse_@hotmail.fr

5. mj_mahyar14

mj_mahyar14 MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2008
    if you can please send me the Awdflash.exe.
    i also have the same mobo and i need to solve a few problems im having with it.
    my email is : mj_mahyar14@yahoo.com :D

6. Tolitz

Tolitz MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2008
    Bios flashing for HP p5lp-le motherboard

Hi, I have the same problem with my HP p5lp-le motherboard can you please send me the Awdflash.exe DOS utility..many thanks ..my email address is kizzie@shaw.ca

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #7 Yen, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. sinbrad

sinbrad MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2007
    Another p5lp problem

Ok guys, I've got the same type of motherboard as above. It has part number HP 5188-8917 and has been named Leonite. Anyway the problem is that I had taken out my original processor which was an Intel E6700 which was to be put into a more powerful PC due to the P5LP being locked by HP. The PC was stored for a couple of months and I then decided to take it out and get it up and running again. I checked its specs on HP and it stated that it could take Intel processors with the codes E6x00. I got hold of a working E6600 and fitted it into the HP, model number if interested is A6085.uk. Anyway it refused to post!? I checked over everything again and again but same outcome. I installed the CPU, E6600, into another computer with an unlocked Asus P5B board and it posted and worked as it should. So I took it that the original P5LP was goosed and managed to get hold of another albeit with a different part number HP 5188-6733. According to the person that sold it to me it was basically the same board. I installed the board and guess what, no post. The seller, on ebay, said the board was 100% working prior to dispatch. I am gonna send it back but can't help thinking about the coincidence of two boards giving the same results. HP are a joke, at one stage suggesting that I update the bios, install new drivers etc. If it won't post/boot up how can I do anything? Lastly I checked all components in another computer including the power supply and all worked. I can't just stick in any Micro Atx board as all the connectors etc are built specifially for HP. I know it's long winded but does anyone have any clues that could point me in a general direction?

cheers

9. joey2talk2

joey2talk2 MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2009
    be careful

hp makes 2 p5lp-le models one with version 5 rom and one with 3.19

10. iffynoob

iffynoob MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    I got the same board. I also experienced problems after changing processors. The HP online help does not recommend flashing the bios if it would be less than easy way - via their downloaded program.

At first I got an e4600 which did not work as it should since the multiplier was wrong and the CPU speed suffered. There is no switch to disable EIST. The online help said that the bios version I got is not updated for the newer processor.

Since I am unable to update, I decided to just look for an older series processor. Luckily, I found an e6600 with release date older than my bios. It worked but for some reason, the bios cmos settings get reset including the date, whenever I unplug the CPU.

I inspected the board and there is an undocumented set of jumper pins just below the cmos reset jumper. I removed it and it won't start. I am not sure why, but after placing it back to where it had been, the CPU booted and saved its CMOS and keep it even when I unplug it overnight.;)

11. uffda

uffda MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2010
    I have the P5LP-LE motherboard that was rendered inoperative by a HP Bios update for that board. The BIOS has the checksum error, but it will boot up a CD if there is one bootable in the drive. I am looking for the ROM file for the update. I downloaded the AWDFLASH file, I just need the ROM file so I can get the PC working again. I contacted HP, but all they want me to do is buy a new motherboard. But the board was working fine until I tried their BIOS update program. There was no reported error on the update, but on the reboot I got the BIOS checksum error.

12. gehenne

gehenne MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2012
    thank you KooKyGuY !!
    I flashed my bios successfully
    i just burned an bootable dvd-rw with 543.rom and awdflash.exe
    but 'awdflash 523.rom /py /sn /f' didn't work (freeze) after some test, only 'awdflash 523.rom' has worked ...

(for the ROM file, run sp37378.exe from the HP website in any pc and it decompresses into a temporary directory)